The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
Roseangelo
Emperor

Ask a Question, Get an Answer

I asked Krang about this and he said we could replace the FAQ threads with this, a general question and answer thread.

So this is where you can ask any and all of your TMNT comic book questions. No question too small, no question too large. No question too obscure! Someone around here is bound to know the answer.

It can be "How much is this comic worth?" or "In what issue did this happen?" or "Where can I find this comic?" Really, anything. This is your place to ask.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior

So how much ARE all of my comics worth? I have all of Vol. 1, most of 2, none of 3, all of 4. I have all of the Tales Vol 1 issues but Leatherhead (where do I find this one? Already checked mycomicshop and milehighcomics.) and all of vol 2 (gotta go to the comic store soon to pick up a ton!). I also have quite a few signed... but none by Laird.

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor

Alrighty, here's my general take on the value of TMNT comic books.

With a few exceptions, it doesn't seem that individual issues go for a whole lot. I've got a stack of comics for sale in the buy/sell/trade forum basically for cover price ($2-$3), yet people complain about my prices being too high. But once in awhile you'll get a lot on eBay for all of Vol. 1, 1-62, and it'll sell for $500 - An average of about $8/book.

All of the magazine-sized issues seem to sell for at least $20, with the early first prints obviously fetching considerably more. The error cover of #3 seems to be the most sought-after/valuable comic after the first print of #1.

The entire run of Vol. 2 is still available from Mirage for $3/issue.

Most of Vol. 4 is still available from Mirage for $3-$4, too. I watched an eBay auction of Vol. #1 first print recently just to see what it would go for (since Mirage only has the second print available). The opening bid was low and I don't think it even sold at all. I don't think there's much demand for these books.

If you want to get a hold of Tales #6 and those places don't have it, watching eBay is probably your best bet. If you're not so concerned with the actual comic and just want to read the story, all of Tales Vol. 1 is supposed to be reprinted in a collected book sometime this year.

Signatures will probably help the value at least slightly. I personally don't like my books to be signed (unless I also have an unsigned copy) and if it is signed I would prefer that it was signed close to the date of publication. But that's just me.

Haha, I rambled a lot. But I guess in short I'd say that I don't think TMNT comics are relegated to the quarter bins anymore as they used to be.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
Raziel
Mouser

Thanks for the thread. I just wanted to ask, in what issue
Spoiler:
Donatello kills Baxter?

Thanks in advance!

And just wanted to say hi to fellow Turtle fans.
Raziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

That would be Vol.4 #9.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

I thought it was in Volume 2?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
Roseangelo
Emperor

Nope, Tristan's right.

We assume in Vol. 2 that Baxter is dead, but in Vol. 4 we learn Don's secretly been keeping Baxter's brain alive all these years. Then in #9 he blows him away.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
odupianist
Mad Scientist

In response to the comics worth question, I just spent about 650 bucks on all of Vol 1, 2, and 3, Tales vol. 1, some Turtle Soups, the casey and raph microseries, casey miniseries, and the individual turtle microseries.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Dude, where'd you get all of Volume III? I've only got #3-8, what Mirage still had.

On another note, I have a question. In Tales #11 "The Quick and the Dead", a lady sends three Foot after the TMNT. Does this blonde chick appear again? Where?
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The same group of Mystics are also in Tales #2, appearing right at the end after Splinter defeats the Mystic initiate on the spiritual plane.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAttack View Post
Dude, where'd you get all of Volume III? I've only got #3-8, what Mirage still had.
I got all of mine on ebay and from www.mycomicshop.com & http://www.milehighcomics.com/

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

^ On that note, where the heck can you get the newer issues of Tales?

Both those sites, (and ninjaturtles.com), are sold out of most of the newer Tales issues.

Basically I need everything from Tales #30 and up, and those sites only have one or two of them available. Why are the newer tales issues so scarce?

I'm also having a hard time finding the movie prequal books, I know they've been collected but I want them seperately as well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #13
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
^ On that note, where the heck can you get the newer issues of Tales?

Both those sites, (and ninjaturtles.com), are sold out of most of the newer Tales issues.

Basically I need everything from Tales #30 and up, and those sites only have one or two of them available. Why are the newer tales issues so scarce?

I'm also having a hard time finding the movie prequal books, I know they've been collected but I want them separately as well.
Best I can guess is that they didn't print enough copies to accommodate the increased demand that resulted from the movie. Although I don't know what the deal with issue #32 was, because that one didn't even ever get shipped to my comic shop (grrr).

I have an extra of the April book that I can sell you if that's one you need.

If people want to send me their list of what they need I'm willing to bring them to Comic-Con with me and look around. But don't get too excited because there really aren't a whole lot of comics at Comic-Con and I'm going to have limited cash on-hand with which I can make purchases.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Where, when, and what is Comic Con?
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #15
Roseangelo
Emperor

Comic-Con is July 25-29 in San Diego. You can learn all about it at the official website.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #16
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

I'm reworking April's Wikipedia page, and I need some help filling in the gaps (which are considerable, since I haven't read Volume 1.
  1. Are she and Casey officially married, or simply cohabiting?
  2. When did their relationship first begin
  3. Has April officially adopted Shadow?
  4. Where did she live between Return to New York and her move to California in City at War?
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #17
Roseangelo
Emperor

1. As of Vol. 4 they are married, but we do not know at what point in time this happened.

2. I'd say at the end of City at War, Vol. 1 #62 when everyone is reunited in Northampton. When they go their separate ways at the start of CAW it's sorta in denial of a relationship.

3. I don't think there's been any mention of this either way.

4. Northampton.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 PM   #18
Ninjinister
無問題

Since I am unfortunately unable to find my TMNT collected books, what weapons does each Turtle use in Vol. 1, #9? All I remember is someone used tonfa, and Don used his bo still....
Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #19
Roseangelo
Emperor

Raph: Tonfas
Don: A bo
Mike: Manriki-gusari
Leo: A single katana
Old 07-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #20
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

What's a Manriki-gusari?