The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How's the Big Brawl!?
Its like Finding out your Dad's Superman!!! 36 69.23%
"Perhaps fate is telling an overprotective father that his sons have grown up." 13 25.00%
"They were Supposed to Stay Home." 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2004, 02:25 PM   #41
Zog
Hench Mutant

Quote:
By TerranigmaFreak
Actually I think that statue is the Shredder. Don't you remember the Ultimate Ninja guy also knew the Shredder? He said so in the Ultimate Ninja Episode. How else would he know about the Shredder if Shredder never appeared in the tournament. And maybe it's through the tournament that the Shredder knew of Hamato Yoshi.
Very good point, and this would further explain alot about the origin of the guardians, the utroms, and shredder himself. Maybe Shredder became Nexus Champ once either before or after Yoshi, and then discovered he was an ally of the Utroms. When the Ultimate Ninja said that two statues might interest the turtles, I thought they were going to be Splinter and the Shredder. And that statue that looked like the Shredder could still have been, but just an earlier look he discarded.

Anyway, to contridict this, how did the Ultimate Ninja know that Leo killed the Shredder. Prolly just by studying the earth warriors, nothing specific. But we'll just have to wait and see how all of this turns out.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:29 PM   #42
Snailman
Hench Mutant

Well I bought a new blank tape for only today's episode, the series finale of Angel & nothing else. YAY.

Maybe they'll replay some episodes I've missed, besides the one they already are.

-Snailman
Snailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:37 PM   #43
Zog
Hench Mutant

I thought that Drako would have been smaller like close to the Shredder's size. Because of the fact that he's a dragon type creature, you would think that he only relys on his size and strength rather than skill. All he did was man-handle...Dragon-handle lol, Splinter around, and used no real fighting skill or martial arts I should say. I always thought that Splinter's real match and rightful opponent of the Nexus Tournament should be someone who is greatly skilled. That way we could see a real fight between skilled masters, rather than a big guy versus a skilled small guy.

But then again it's only been one ep, maybe Drako will step up, and show us what he's got besides Strength.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:55 PM   #44
Red Lioness
Hench Mutant

Awesome episode! I love Splinter-centered story arcs. Mikey was funny as usual and we got to see some cool moves when the turtles fought the stick-insect guys.

But I do have to wonder how Splinter explained the various bumps, bruises and broken limbs to his sons when he got home.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #45
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Can we get a rundown on the names?
Fill in the blanks:
The stick guys-
The Turtle like creatures-
Splinter's ally-
The tengu-
The ultimate Ninja-
The Triceriton slave-
The dragon bad guy-

I thought it would be good to get some official names .

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:36 PM   #46
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

WOW holy crap today's episode was so great!
Seriously I totally loved it!
But the only thing I found kind of odd was how much the episode reminds me of when the turtles got sent to Stump Asteroid in the Archie comics it probably has nothing to do with that but you never know....god I'd die to see stump and sling and cryin hound and ace duck on the new show.....but anyway some of the characters on today's episode rather did look allot like characters from the Archie series.
It was nice to see that good triceraton again to and the ultimate ninja I bet hes going to poisin Leonardo that jerk!
I liked that they called Splinter "Hamoto Splinter" and it was nice seeing all of those statues there including that shredder one.
The warriors so far have been really cool looking especially those rock aliens! I want toys of those skinny little guys! I wonder if we will get a figure of Lord draco cause that'd be an awesome toy!

Those warriors that were attacking splinter and about to attack Leonardo at the end of the episode look a hell of allot like Golani from the Archie series did anyone else think of that when they saw those guys cause that's the firs thing I thought of....
It was cool to see Usagi again to even if he didnt do more then make grunting and groaning noises I hope his voice is good in the next episode.
The only complaint I have was fox making this the season finally its really not that much of a cliff hanger and found it kind of lame to use it as that.
-Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:48 PM   #47
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Sarnath
Did anyone else think that stature behind Leo at the end looked a lot like Shredder?
I thought that too at first, but then realized that it's probably just a suit of samurai armor from a past winner.

But there *was* something there that made me wonder if Shredder had, in fact, been a past champion... As the TMNT were walking through the Hall of Champions, they walked passed a helmet sitting on a pedestal in the foreground. But the top of the helmet was obscured off-screen. It's possible that it was Shredder's. Since he's an Utrom, it's possible that his statue would just be a helmet... and not a full suit of armor. Just a thought.

-MC
I imagine it's shredders statue because they kept focusing on it a bit and those guys came out of it....and why would the ultimate ninja want to fight shredder so badly if shredder hadn't even been in the battle.
I think shredder and splinter had fought before in battle...I think we are all in for allot of suprises next season ^_^
-Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:52 PM   #48
Mobius One
Hench Mutant

Wow, VEERY cool episdoe this morning. Is this the last new one till the fall? God I hope not. I think Usagi's voice was so high and he was so small cause he was a lot younger in that flashback. I think that those statues behind Leo in the Hall of fame may have been Shredder. I really liked those "Stickmen" and the weird dark ninja things. I also liked how they tied in the "Ultimate Ninja" episode with this one. Also, Draxxus from the Turtles in Space episode was in it too. I really liked this one and I am dilidently looking forward to the next one, and hopefully I won't have to wait much longer then next Saturday!

Formerly Demogoblin87...
Mobius One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:19 PM   #49
Gokhan
Hench Mutant

the episode guide is wrong spoliersssssssssssssssssssssss

it says that in the first episdoe of "big brawl" we will see the turtles follow splinter. it says the second one we learn of splinters past an leo gets poisned. but all of this happened in the first episode of big brawl

"Never consider someone your priority, when they only consider you an option."
Gokhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:36 PM   #50
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
Banned

I watched the ep, which recorded, again today and the statue very much looks like shredder. It looks like a samari, but does look like shredder.

I still wonder how the next part will go and wonder what the tvtome thing ment when it said the return of familiar faces turn the tide. What familiar faces?

I wonder if baxter will somehow be around in this one in some other form.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:48 PM   #51
Kali
Inactive Moderator

I must say, this episode has definitely got my interest. Everything was just perfect. I could mention everything I loved about it, but I'd end up reciting the entire episode! I can't even pick out any favorite parts.

Except that I love how they've treated Splinter in this episode. Upset with his sons, embarrassed when the giant guy tells of his past exploits. I wonder if he has fangirls in The Nexus?

And on the "Shredder" statue, I thought it did resemble him, but it was generic enough to also not be him.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:45 PM   #52
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist

[quote="Zog"]
Quote:
By TerranigmaFreak
Actually I think that statue is the Shredder. Don't you remember the Ultimate Ninja guy also knew the Shredder? He said so in the Ultimate Ninja Episode. How else would he know about the Shredder if Shredder never appeared in the tournament. And maybe it's through the tournament that the Shredder knew of Hamato Yoshi.
that's the only evidence that works for it...as for what I know of that works agaisnt it...

The evidence against it:
-Splinter would have already came to conflict with Shredder many times by now (unless Shredder was a real loser and I doubt he would be) and would have had no surprise upon finding out the foot were around
-Can you REALLY see Shredder, having the sort of personality he does, partaking in a tournament?
-The statue looked more like some random samurai than Shredder to me
-Not a single one of them paid attention to the statue...I'm sure someone would have been surprised to see Shredder's mug...
-SPOILER....

The eps synopisis for this story arc doesn't make a SINGLE referance to Shredder or any of his gang...I'm sure they would if it WERE him because I doubt he'd miss the tournament if he were actualy IN it...on top of that things sound chock-full enough WITHOUT Shredder considering Usagi, Draco's gang, and the triceratons showing up again.

Spoiler end.

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Meira-Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:23 PM   #53
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady

Usagi was a kid! Duh! No scar over his left eye and what you could hear of his voice, it was quite young. And Usagi doesn't go around carrying water as an adult... Katsuichi (his sensei)made that his job.
I do like his appearance, he looks very good. I'm sure Stan had alot to do with that!
I'll damn surprised if I'm wrong about Usagi...being a kid...but that weird referee dude said he was young.
Good point, dude... As I now remember Stan Sakai, on the Usagi message boards, said that there would be a flashback of Usagi as a kid.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:29 PM   #54
ebehr777
Mouser

The ultimate Ninja probably knew about shredder and considered him such a great challege because Shredder slayed Hamoto Yoshi, who was a Battle Nexus Champion. I imagine they keep tabs on their warriors or at least keep in touch from time to time. The Ultimate ninja wants to beat the best of the best so when Shredder killed Yoshi the champion at that time the Ninja turned his attention to him he probably spent most of his life training to face shredder, but when Leo beat the shredder the Ninja made him his target. He definitely wants to beat the best he can find in order to satisfy his pride.

If Shredder had fought in the tournament it would throw off a lot of Season 1's storyline.
ebehr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #55
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Yea that makes a lot of sense, at first he was after yoshi, then shredder, then leo. He had to pick a new opponent every time the new one died.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:25 PM   #56
cormano
Foot Soldier

I liked the episode a lot. The only thing that bugged me was when the turtles continually tried to "save" splinter after they already knew what was going on. Leo tends to annoy me in these situations. The fighting was great, though and the surroundings lookes awesome. I hope they don't make us wait long to get the rest.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:50 PM   #57
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormano
I liked the episode a lot. The only thing that bugged me was when the turtles continually tried to "save" splinter after they already knew what was going on. Leo tends to annoy me in these situations. The fighting was great, though and the surroundings lookes awesome. I hope they don't make us wait long to get the rest.
I think that thing about them always trying to 'save' him stems from their training to protect their master. Kinda like Samurai defending their Daimyo/Shogun/whoever...it's second nature to jump in there and react that way no matter what.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:37 PM   #58
J Legault
Mad Scientist

I wish I posted more on last weeks Episode Disscussion but my internet didn't work well.

Anyway, This episode is very good and probably one of the best well thoughted episode yet. The whole idea of a Dimension where all Worlds are connected to it like a big international wire cable center or something...

The part with Splinter using ancient symbol writting and speaking some ancient language was neat and Don was prepared with a special light to redraw the symbols.

Those TwigGuys looked like one of those termites from Star Wars Episode 2, It was funny when that Referee Guy popped up and declared the TMNT winners but the real competives came and he got all mad at the TMNT.

When I saw that Referee Guy I just knew the Tengu Ninja & his Father are around. Splinter's Relation with the Tengu Master is finally alittle more clearer now. In Ultimate Ninja Splinter knew him cause he met him several times at the Nexus Championship.

Nice to see some familar Faces, Funny Jack Kirby's Monsters found a way into the Nexus World.
Trixamus the Mighty returns! That Gladiator from TMNT in Space part 4 returns. A good number of members like that charater. I think that he's a great charater too. He's as loyal as Zog was only he knows the Turtles more than Zog.

Usagi making an appearance in the flashback was good. Course that flashback was tooken place years ago so I bet when we see him he'll be a bit older with his Samari Blade.

ClipHagger just makes me think about Shredder Strikes part one when that Foot Soilder tries to send a Message to Leo by Arrow/Exocution.
Rate:5 out of 5 stars.

3 more episodes left of Season 2!
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:52 PM   #59
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormano
I think that thing about them always trying to 'save' him stems from their training to protect their master. Kinda like Samurai defending their Daimyo/Shogun/whoever...it's second nature to jump in there and react that way no matter what.
Yeah, like in "The Ultimate Ninja," Leo's brothers kept wanting to jump in and help him. It's just an inner instinct to lash out and protect your loved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Legault
3 more episodes left of Season 2!
Nono, I seriously think it's over for the summer. Parts 2, 3 and 4 of "The Big Brawl" won't air until September. *looks around* Riiiight?
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:52 AM   #60
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Not according to TVTome. How accurate is that site, anyway?

Anyway, good episode, with lots of old faces and some new ones.

Random thoughts:

Even if that statue is the Shredder's, it doesn't mean he and Yoshi met there. Remember, the Shredder is 1,000 years old, and that statue could be of any time during that period. Even so, I don't think that's the Shredder, since it's not his style to let opponents live.

Draco? Most obvious name ever.

So returning characters: two Kirby monsters (flashback), Kirby Hero, Traximus, and the threesome from "The Ultimate Ninja".

Usagiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

I really hope the Goblin Prince doesn't turn out to be a traitor. I like him.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote