The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-08-2017, 02:01 AM   #21
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I remember back in my day you actually had to buy a camera to take pictures. Now everyone just takes pictures with their phone. Does anyone even own a camera anymore?
I still do. I like my current digital camera, and I still miss my old digital camera that went missing. Many pictures were taken on that camera, most of them were beneficial for many of my former Digital Art class assignments.

Thankfully, I saved all of the good pictures onto a flash drive, but I still miss the old camera...

To answer the OP's question in this thread, anything from old comics, movies, cartoons, and even old toys, can put me through some nostalgic feels.

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 03-08-2017 at 02:12 AM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:17 AM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think I'd benefit greatly from having a "real" camera in my graphic design career. Plus, it would save me SO much space on my devices.

Since I take a lot of pictures. 90% of them being my cats
Old 03-08-2017, 02:19 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic Saturday morning cartoons don't really exist much...anymore. FoxKids, KidsWB, etc. all used to be a big thing, actually waking up early just to watch new episodes of your favorite cartoon. Disney XD still exists I guess.

It's weird how much cartoons have changed even from the early 2000's. It's hard to imagine how many now classic cartoons originally aired back then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:30 AM   #24
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
It's kind of ironic Saturday morning cartoons don't really exist much...anymore. FoxKids, KidsWB, etc. all used to be a big thing, actually waking up early just to watch new episodes of your favorite cartoon.
Hell-loooo DVD's.

As for watching old cartoons back then, the thing that bored me about cartoons (besides some of the lame commercials that I had to wait through), were the reruns of the episodes that I wasn't all that crazy for.

So, I turned the knob until we later got a remote control and a TV for it.

Quote:
Disney XD still exists I guess.
Disney XD stopped being my most watched channel after 2002.

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 03-08-2017 at 02:35 AM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:46 AM   #25
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The biggest reason I think that's happened is the non-stop barrage of cartoons there are these days. There's no more need for Saturday-exclusive cartoons on most major networks.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:09 AM   #26
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Looking back at hoildays and destination I went on with my family. Classic TV cartoons, like X-men, TMNT etc, and old Nintendo video games, and even video games from the the 00s, like Nuts and bolts, halo etc.

Also Arcade games, still love them now.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird to think even things that happens in the early 2000's are a decade old. I think of 2000-2006 or so as "recent" but then I realize that's 10 years ago. The kids of today were not even born back then, it's mind boggling.

Can you believe kids born in the year 2000 are turning 17 this year? Holy crap, kids born in 2000 are soon going to be legal adults. That blows my mind.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:00 PM   #28
sdp
-

The internet has killed nostalgia.

10 years ago I had pretty much already exhausted all the nostalgia I had about stuff growing up, as I've grown older I've been able to get nostalgic about stuff from say ten years ago and I've found stuff that I can continue to get nostalgic about or find new memories of when I was a kid. But man the internet gave everyone a huge shot of nostalgia and while awesome maybe it overdid it and now it's hard to get too nostalgic over stuff. Even if you don't want to I mean TMNT stuff is posted so often that there is no nostalgia left over the original stuff.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Even if you don't want to I mean TMNT stuff is posted so often that there is no nostalgia left over the original stuff.
Good. Let it die. I long for a new iteration of TMNT that isn't a slave to Fred Wolfisms.

But we all know that day will never come.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird to think kids of today grew up playing the Wii, PS3 or 360 as their "first console."

Goddamn. If that doesn't make you feel old nothing will.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:09 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Actual cameras still sell. Ever noticed how professional photographers prefer those to digital cameras and phone cameras(which have digital zoom)? Because the picture quality is MUCH superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The internet has killed nostalgia.

10 years ago I had pretty much already exhausted all the nostalgia I had about stuff growing up, as I've grown older I've been able to get nostalgic about stuff from say ten years ago and I've found stuff that I can continue to get nostalgic about or find new memories of when I was a kid. But man the internet gave everyone a huge shot of nostalgia and while awesome maybe it overdid it and now it's hard to get too nostalgic over stuff. Even if you don't want to I mean TMNT stuff is posted so often that there is no nostalgia left over the original stuff.
Tbh it's kind of funny how people around 25-30 are so nostalgic nowadays. I wonder if people who were around our age back in the 70s-80s also had lots of nostalgia? Probably not as much since there was no internet/easy way to foster that feeling.

I think the internet killed the mystique of finding new things. You actually had to work or make a bigger effort to find a book you wanted or a tv show or cartoon you wanted to watch. Yet, lots of people are lazy and just browse facebook all day long and never get around to deplete their backlogs and learn new things. We're a bit too spoiled in that regard.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ever since phones started having quality picture taking in them, there's no reason to buy a camera anymore unless you're a professional photographer or something.

I remember when after you used up all your film you had to take your camera into a drug store like CVS so they could develop your film for you. Back then you had no idea what your pictures turned out like until you sent in film, unless you owned a polaroid.

It's hard to believe people nowadays will never own a camera, or know what it is to develop film.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Ever since phones started having quality picture taking in them, there's no reason to buy a camera anymore unless you're a professional photographer or something.

I remember when after you used up all your film you had to take your camera into a drug store like CVS so they could develop your film for you. Back then you had no idea what your pictures turned out like until you sent in film, unless you owned a polaroid.

It's hard to believe people nowadays will never own a camera, or know what it is to develop film.
My mother lots of times would leave the tip of her finger in photos

We owned a polaroid many years ago, as in the 90s. It only took 13-15 pictures per roll, but holy hell it seemed like such a cutting edge invention back then hahaha

I remember back then people being so shy in pictures. As in, if you brought a camera to work or to school people, girls usually, would just cover their faces and say "no! I hate pictures! AAH!"... and nowadays you see people taking pictures of themselves at any public place as if it was nothing.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #34
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
It's weird to think kids of today grew up playing the Wii, PS3 or 360 as their "first console."

Goddamn. If that doesn't make you feel old nothing will.
Good, because it doesn't make me feel old.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

It makes me feel very old. Even though those consoles are 10 years old, I feel like that generation was only yesterday.