The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #301
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
true. but they also shouldn't treat any criticism like cubed criticism and be able to take it in stride. if they can't they shouldn't be on forums in the first place...cause not everyone is going to agree with how they do things.
Yeah, but there's criticism.... and then there's Cubed criticism. Ciro came to the forum completely unprepared for that sort of thing, as I'm sure many of us were for our first Cubed encounter.. We really need to add a Cybercubed disclaimer for new members.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #302
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, but there's criticism.... and then there's Cubed criticism. Ciro came to the forum completely unprepared for that sort of thing, as I'm sure many of us were for our first Cubed encounter.. We really need to add a Cybercubed disclaimer for new members.
true. imagine my shock when I found all this out a while ago. it sure as hell explained alot. Maybe we need a separate forum. Cubes Corner. he can just hang out and rant there to his hearts content and offer words of 'wisdom' to those who dare to cross the bridge and answer these questions three.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #303
Sumac
Banned

It takes a special sort of talent for one single person to scare off producer of the show from a fan forum of said show.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #304
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It takes a special sort of talent for one single person to scare off producer of the show from a fan forum of said show.
To be fair, said producer makes nonsensical statements like "Girls with super powers are almost too hard to write", especially when the character he spoke of wasn't traditionally presented with powers and it was within his power to not give her any. Yet he went ahead and made it a central aspect of the show, maybe he recycled it from a pet project he couldn't get greenlit or something, but he still went with it. Or how about his proclamation that the series should have a conclusive ending? His "conclusion" seemed like it might as well be a what-if ending and was labeled as such, maybe that wasn't in his power but that's atill what happened. I get the feeling he thinks too well of himself and his talent. If it's not evident with him, it's certainly noticable with his co-producer, Brandon Auman. Auman is well known for lashing out at criticism, but he doesn't really adress the criticism itself, just accuses the critic for insulting people's work.

Bottom line, I don't think Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman are good at taking criticism.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #305
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Bottom line, I don't think Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman are good at taking criticism.
yep, and not very good creators or good for turtles in general.
I truly hope the next crew is a bit happier than the last bunch was.
and they stay far...FAR away from cube.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #306
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It warms my heart to see the recent developments in this thread. It's like a damn near Christmas miracle.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #307
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
at least other members have started to realize it since I got the boot. one guy even finally directly called it out as the toxic fan base that it was, and I wish I could still contact him to thank him for his bravery. albeit a little late . maybe more will in the future and start abandoning the place.
The problem I've had at GB Fans is that Kingpin lives up to his name. He doesn't remain neutral at all so have views that aren't left wing or feminist and he goes nuts on you. The irony was that it was something completely unrelated the reboot Ghostbusters, something so obscure and pointless that made him ban me. In the end he was just looking for an excuse and RichardLess was the one who instigated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I hope Bobby Curnow is bracing himself for those types of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Hmm I have to admit, Cubed is a lot of things but he's never been nasty (except to Ciro, that is). I mean he might fail to understand why your opinion could possibly be different from his, but at least he doesn't come at you with personal attacks.
He's disagreed and pointed out when he felt I was wrong about something but no I agree, he's never personally attacked unlike some users here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It warms my heart to see the recent developments in this thread. It's like a damn near Christmas miracle.
http://i.imgur.com/iXccYcV.gif
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:54 AM   #308
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

I remember a thread opening up this issue in the archives, with this video (or something similar to this video) posted up:

...So about 7 years later, not much difference?
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #309
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
I remember a thread opening up this issue in the archives, with this video (or something similar to this video) posted up:

...So about 7 years later, not much difference?
that people and fandoms in general are bat crap crazy? especially some on here?

yep.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #310
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

marcman 2020 makes good points.

I wonder if he is here on the Drome?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:08 PM   #311
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
If they're hip to him, I don't see the harm. Some of the time he actually asks fair questions.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #312
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
The problem I've had at GB Fans is that Kingpin lives up to his name. He doesn't remain neutral at all so have views that aren't left wing or feminist and he goes nuts on you. The irony was that it was something completely unrelated the reboot Ghostbusters, something so obscure and pointless that made him ban me.
LOL No, a lot of members complained about you. You frequently got into arguments, and had the mindset that your were always right even when you weren't. The whole fiasco with CGI comes to mind, because you constantly ragged about how CGI was lazy and takes no artistic talent or effort. In that very same thread we had people who actually were CGI artists that told you the exact opposite yet, you still claimed you know better.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:56 PM   #313
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT-Leonardo View Post
LOL No, a lot of members complained about you. You frequently got into arguments, and had the mindset that your were always right even when you weren't. The whole fiasco with CGI comes to mind, because you constantly ragged about how CGI was lazy and takes no artistic talent or effort. In that very same thread we had people who actually were CGI artists that told you the exact opposite yet, you still claimed you know better.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #314
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Yeah. That's our guy.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #315
neatoman
Emperor

.... Huh....
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:53 PM   #316
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Wow, I had a different opinion. Big deal! So that means automatically CG Arnold in the fifth Terminator movie looked real just because some CG artists think they know better. Well you've really taught me.

The fact is I have a good eye for detail when it comes to uncanny valley and I did post links at the time confirming the problems of CGI which guys like you ignored. Doesn't matter when its plainly obvious from that list of stuff. And yeah I still stand by what I said. Practical effects always win over CGI because practical effects are hand crafted, not done in numbers. Kind of obvious really.

Not sure who you were on that site but no, it was run by a control freak who couldn't give a damn about people with a different opinion. The truth is folks he wanted me to say my views on CG, the 2016 travesty movie and a frickin Spider-Man blu-ray release were wrong and I didn't because I felt I was right. Then crazed fans like Alpha and that arrogant Canadian RichardLess acted like bullies to gang up on me.

I would love to discuss Ghostbusters on that forum again but not while that moderator lives up to his name. Apologies for the rant but someone from another forum trying to call me out when he doesn't know the specifics really irritates me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah. That's our guy.
I'm sure you'd love it there. Really nice atmosphere filled with crazy Dutch people who think Paul Feig's work is 'avant-garde'. No I did not make that up, this is just one view I could not protest against due to the moderator even though it was bat s*it crazy.

Last edited by pferreira; 02-15-2018 at 04:00 PM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #317
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
not done in numbers. Kind of obvious really.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:16 PM   #318
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm sure you'd love it there. Really nice atmosphere filled with crazy Dutch people who think Paul Feig's work is 'avant-garde'. No I did not make that up
I'm sure I'd get along swimingly there.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:43 AM   #319
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

I've been here a long time. I don't chime in very often. I have seen all manner of good and bad conversation go on here, and yet...here I am. You learn to manage it, to offset the poisonous when encountered. Besides, you're a good bunch of people passionate about the things you like, and dislike to a degree. We're all human, and we all have our short comings. And I have to say, on the forums worst days it wasn't as bad as the DC boards in the Batman forums during Loebs Hush storyline. Now that got out of hand.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #320
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Exclamation

Quote:
Well that aged terribly....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i_need_a_adult, sumac vs plastroncafe, toxicity