The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

It would be idiotic if they didn't at least put "Once upon a time machine," and "Planet of the Turtleoids" where they belong.

Also leaving the 4 different Season 10 eps as "bonus eps" on the first DVD would also be worth a laugh.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #42
sdp
-

It's not like they're doing it on purpose, they already have the discs printed so they just relabel them and sell them as a complete series set. Basically it's Lionsgate's way of getting rid of their TMNT DVD stock and selling a new product in time for the new show.

Counting they probably won't sell the show and they'll want to cash-in on the turtles again with the new movie or whenever that's when we'll see a better DVD release from them. But that may be years down the road. I'll still be getting it since it'll be roughly the same price as getting the DVD's I'm missing, also it's a good deal for those who don't have any of the releases, if the MSRP is 99 bucks it should be a lot cheaper in the future and places like amazon.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know that, but its still odd and lame.

I also find this casing odd, won't the DVDs all get scratches just lined up like that? The van is just plastic after all.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #44
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Part of me wonders how well this will sell, considering it really is just a repackaging of the 23 existing discs.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #45
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Looking at the pictures yeah it definitely going to be just a re-release of the old discs, I kind of expected this but held a little bit of hope that I may be wrong but it's the same discs with different artwork. Hate that even with this it's the bare minimum, I mean at least put accurate artwork. The turtles driving the van actually look the most like the turtles and even then it looks like some unlicensed art of them for a bootleg or non-licensed item from back in the day.

Oh well I'll still be getting it, was there anything interesting in the S5-10 packaging that I'll be missing out? I know S6 was in a pizza box which seemed neat and that S7 had mini figures of the original toys. I'd actually really want to get a hold of those.
Season 5 was the one with the pizza box packaging. The season 6 cover art was comic book-type artwork.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #46
ssjup81
Foot Elite

No thanks. I don't want this set, despite the fact I would like to have the collection all in one set. I want the eps in order, I want legit bonus features, I want interviews, etc. Pretty much most of what you all said, but if they're just putting the old DVD releases in this collection, then there's no real point, imo.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #47
sdp
-

Just a month ago we were getting the opposite reactions and getting flamed if we mentioned how crappy the Lionsgate releases were and now here it's the opposite. Maybe it's because of feeling ripped off but I'm glad people are finally expressing the terrible releases lionsgate has done.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #48
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Heh, I had no idea they were actually releasing this cash-cow. I just thought ya'll were continuing to speculate and dream about what a complete series pack might look like.

My sincere blessings to those of you who actually buy this.

EDIT:
Now, if they had kept the retail price at the initially reported amount, I might actually have been willing to double-dip.

EDIT x2:
The more I look at that promo image, the more I am convinced that it is the single crappiest looking "Complete Series" set that I've ever seen.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #49
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I'm buying one! I'll keep it displayed and not open it unless one of my other disks breaks.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #50
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

This will be mine! Seriously, this looks fuggin' awesome. SO excited!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #51
Leo656
The Franchise

Neat, obviously long overdue and it'll be a sort-of lazy re-release in a new case, but I'll get it. If anything, just to show them that this is a little more like it. My words are eaten, I literally just said it'd be years before they did this.

I think it will sell alright, simply based on the fact it's cheap compared to stuff like the G.I. Jor set and it's the entire series in one place. Lots of people who would have bought into the single-DVD releases passed because they were confused/overwhelmed by how it came out. I think the simplicity/convenience will be a big selling point.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #52
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I store my TMNT DVD collection in the Playmates Turtle Van. Think big.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #53
Allio
Foot Elite

still debating whether or not to get this set or continue to go for the single releases

If I get this, I might feel like I need to get one of the collections of the Turtle's movies on, and not only hope if the TMNT'03 series to come out. but also hope there is an ultimate collection at the end to match the others, and not only that, hope at the end of nick's show there will be an ending collection (well I could go with season sets if they come out

Though I could get the individual sets (I have 1 and 2 now), as it would go with my already dvds of the movies, and hope for the season sets of the 03 and 12 show to come out.

(it's kind of my dream collection thing I'm wanting to do)

well I have a long while to figure that out... so I'm not worried about it
Old 08-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #54
Ioz
Foot Soldier

I figured they'd do a turtle van if they ever did a release like this. If I can get this on sale someday for a really good price, I might double dip. I'm worried that the packaging might lead to scratched discs, though. I'll have to look over the reviews when it comes out.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #55
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Do you want my Franklin?
Trading one cartoon turtle for several hardly seems fair.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #56
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Considering I don't actually have any of the OT DVDs yet (Wal-mart apparently decided I didn't need that first volume after all...), so this is right up my alley. It'll be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than getting all the individual releases.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #57
Bob
Stone Warrior

I'll be buying this, as finding individual sets for me is very hard.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's great that the people who missed the DVDs stretched out from frickin 2004 can get the whole series.

I still say if Lionsgate didn't properly put the skipped eps in their proper place it is retarded. I'd also laugh if the first Season 4 ep is there twice.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #59
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Even though I have seasons 1-5 and 8, I will be getting this. Probably about the same price as finishing my set I suppose

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #60
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Ugh.

Of course they do this after I've bought more than half of the DVDs.

I'm just missing Volume 4 and Seasons 5, 6, 8, and 9... I don't think I'll jump on this box set unless I hear they've changed the DVDs so that they match up correctly and all that.

Now if they do this for the 2003 series...
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote