The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-25-2021, 02:11 AM   #3941
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I finally got my vaccine appointment. One step closer to returning to normal. So yes, that made me happy today.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:20 PM   #3942
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife and I got together with one of my best friends from high school earlier. We hung out at a bar down the road for dinner and drinks and had a great time. Haven't seen the dude since right after we graduated but it was like no time at all had passed. Awesome times.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:05 PM   #3943
IMJ
Emperor

I had an $850 sale item finally make it's way to Australia unharmed and verified as happy customer.

Good, good news.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:13 PM   #3944
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Still only March and it's 82, windy and low humidity. Amazing having the windows open. Normal average is more like 50s here, so we need to just keep this.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #3945
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm Happy and Annoyed by that at the same time.

I Hate the cold. It makes my back seize up. I like snow, but otherwise I have no use for Winter.

However, I have little use for Extreme Heat, either. We had zero transition between Winter and Early-Summer and I'm not handling it all that well. I've probably mentioned this many times, but the way our house is structured - and the fact that my wife and I live upstairs in what's essentially a loft - means that 80 outside is about 95 in here. We've got the windows open, the fans on High and I'm still sweating just sitting still, which I hate. It saps all my energy, makes me all "sticky" and it's just generally kind of unbearable.

I'm more about warm weather than cold, for sure, but I wish we'd had a few more weeks of "moderately warm" before jumping right to This. We generally aren't supposed to put the air conditioner in until May at the earliest, but if this keeps up I'm just gonna have to say "f*ck it".

It sure is nice outside, though. No question.

Old 03-26-2021, 01:40 PM   #3946
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, and people can argue for or against climate change all they want, but one thing that is certainly true at least in this general region is that this has become common for a number of years now. Maybe not usually 80 in March, but we don't tend to have a real spring anymore, with sometimes April taking a while to warm up but then suddenly May jumps to feeling like July. Odd how that has become a thing. I do miss the normal more gradual warm up.

Don't envy the second floor situation though, esp if the windows are on the wrong side to let the wind in.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #3947
Leo656
The Franchise

Given by how much stuff has been knocked off the shelf near the window just today, I don't think that's as much of a problem. There's just really nowhere for the hot air to go, so it just sort of swirls around.

Going out for a little while anyway, so that'll help. Be gone most of tomorrow, too, since there's a show. But I'm thinking about two more weeks and I'm just gonna slap that AC in the window and f*ck what anyone says about it.

If she had her way, it'd be constantly 95+. But she's not the one who actually ever has to get up and do stuff, and I do. Not picking on her, she has a bad back as well as Lyme Disease (although, full disclosure, she was already plenty lazy before either of those things happened), but it's just... it's really easy to say "I wish it were always 100 degrees" when you spend most of your time in bed with the fan directly on you. Since I'm the one who does all the cleaning and furniture-moving and other "domestic" stuff... yeah, it's fine if I can get a reprieve but if there's no air conditioning then I'd rather not suffer.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:21 PM   #3948
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hey, no harm in having it ready to go if this is any hint of the rest of spring.

People next door must be psychic or were watching the weather closely. Seems they rented a bounce house castle with a slide and pool. Keep waiting for that thing to fly off in this rough wind, with the kids in it, but I guess it's heavy enough to stay put.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:20 PM   #3949
Leo656
The Franchise

It really was rather windy today.

Since it was so nice we took the top down on the convertible when we went out. There's nothing like the wind in your hair and Offspring on the CD player on a bright, sunny (albeit windy) day.

We also get some peace and quiet for the night. Dumbass downstairs got drunk on beers and guzzled a whole bottle of cough syrup, then fell down and hurt himself. So we had to call the ambulance and they took him to the hospital for the night. He's been pretty quiet since he came back from his little "vacation" at the end of December, but the last few weeks he's been cranky and whining about not being allowed to drink. So, no shock, he started sneaking it again, and - no shock - he's been falling over the place the last few days.

Pain in the ass, but at least he's gone for the night! Hopefully they keep him for a couple'a days so he's out of our hair.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:10 PM   #3950
Iroh
Hench Mutant

I was able to pig out on Cadbury Eggs and junk food today. Also, I was able to take a loooong nap without being bothered! That made me happy today.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #3951
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sounds like living the good life. lol

No Cadbury, but similarly finished off the rest of the jelly beans that didn't end up in plastic eggs (minus the licorice ones).

Have a larger egg I'd painted gold a couple years ago that I try to put something special in for my nephew (with the other eggs mostly just candy), but this year I got this adorable plush shark hand puppet and happy to find that as I'd hoped the gold egg at least fits up its "butt." Little snug, but it works.

So I put a pack of those candy Swedish Fish in the egg instead, as if the shark had eaten them. Or... are those more like baby sharks?
Old 03-27-2021, 08:45 PM   #3952
Leo656
The Franchise

The company I wrestle for put on a HUGE show tonight that mostly went amazing. While I didn't wrestle on it, I instead ended up being the main ringside commentator for the entire event and even hosted the Intermission and Post-Show segments.

4 Hours non-stop without a script isn't easy - especially for a show that had a ton of surprises - but it went well. Also got to see a bunch of guys I used to see all the time but hadn't worked much with in a few years.

Great night!

Old 03-27-2021, 08:51 PM   #3953
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Or... are those more like baby sharks?
I think they are supposed to be goldfish.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:15 AM   #3954
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

After about a month I finally got some damn beer in my system. Jesus, I needed to get **** faced.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:24 PM   #3955
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's a shame, must have been pretty bad if he decided he had to up and retire to take care of her.

Hope your superior is able to deal with that on such short notice and keep the place. But I guess that puts you on the higher end of the hierarchy now?

edit: Hey now, don't go jumping behind me and making me look psychic... lol
Old 04-02-2021, 04:24 PM   #3956
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

My boss' wife had a stroke early this week so now, he's selling his business to his assistant... the guy that works above me. Now it's just the 2 of us... and we might be hiring another guy... either way, the guy buying the biz is gonna have one hell of a loan to pay off so that the boss can retire. Not sure when the boss is gonna retire but he's 58 and his wife is important to him... She's recovering already at home.

As for how it affects me? More hrs. that makes me happy today! I just wish she didn't have to have a stroke. That's so rough. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

I'm gonna have to drop a few hundred soon on the TMNT stuff that I've wanted for a long time.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:57 PM   #3957
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's a shame, must have been pretty bad if he decided he had to up and retire to take care of her.

Hope your superior is able to deal with that on such short notice and keep the place. But I guess that puts you on the higher end of the hierarchy now?

edit: Hey now, don't go jumping behind me and making me look psychic... lol
thank you, Indigo. I hope everything goes well. lol. You and a few others have always seemed supportive of me since I've rejoined here last year... But I deleted the comment for editing because it looked really bad... me saying someone had a stroke in a "Happy" thread. It needed more context. lol. But there it is.

I really love my job and despite until last November never really being employed outside of self employment which is the hardest job in the world cuz you can't just "show up to collect a living."

I finally feel like I can be something in life... not being able to drive a car and such. Like, I finally feel like I can make something of myself other than a sporadically employed computer technician.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:17 AM   #3958
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Lol Indigo, the little ducks on tour jeep sound like some of the ones in my hubby's collection.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:06 PM   #3959
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was waiting to pay for just a few things at Dollar Tree after getting my work done and the young guy ahead of me paid for them. Guess I have to find a chance to eventually pay it forward.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #3960
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Was waiting to pay for just a few things at Dollar Tree after getting my work done and the young guy ahead of me paid for them. Guess I have to find a chance to eventually pay it forward.
Damn, I hope I'm the guy behind you when you do that, and I hope I have a big ass screen t.v with me on that fateful day.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote