Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #21
akamcfly
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
Yes, maybe!
if you decide to start selling in digital, here is a client!
akamcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:30 PM   #22
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Hey, gang! Just want to remind you about this amazing project! The book is almost finished, so today I want to share with you another awesome chapter, 'The Genius of Donatello':
https://yadi.sk/i/2RSMVijSUTUKxw

P.S. You also can read first chapter here:
https://yadi.sk/i/oy3xM2CZNYNkgA

Feel free to write me if you want to preorder a copy!
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #23
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

What's up, guys! I'm glad to let you know, what the first Italian TMNT book finally done and going to the printer on Monday. You still have a chance to jump into the last car and become a contributor those name will be printed on the THANKS page inside the book and preorder bonus poster and postcard!

And here is another chapter, that I'd like to share!
Please welcome 'Bebop and Rocksteady':
https://yadi.sk/i/8s4HJ7zxH8WE6w

Old 10-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #24
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Can't wait for this!
I sure hope there will be another book after this one
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:48 AM   #25
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

It’s almost here! I’ve got first photos of the upcoming Italian TMNT comics book right from the Printer! I’ll get the books on the next week and immediately will start to send them out! Keep in touch for the announcement of the second book!

Old 11-26-2020, 09:45 AM   #26
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Hey, guys! Here is Introduction from the Book 1 and also preview for the Book 2!

At the height of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV series’ popularity, Archie Comics quickly won their own audience with the TMNT Adventures comic book based on the same show. Turtlemania took the world by storm and many countries from all around the globe acquired the rights to reprint Ninja Turtles comics in their native languages, some even hiring their own writers and artists. Despite how pervasive the internet is now, most of these comic books, published over 25 years ago, remain unknown to a wider audience to this very day. While this can be forgiven in regards to short promo comics or stand-alone specials, there is an elephant in the room that many have overlooked. I’m referring to the Italian ‘Le Tartarughe Ninja’ series, which consist of more than a thousand full-length pages!

Thing is, the Italian TMNT comics had never been published as a standalone series (which would be quite easy to discover and discern the details). No, they were published as a feature in two of the oldest and most popular Italian weekly comic book almanacs, ‘Corriere dei Piccoli’ (later known as ‘Corrierino’) and ‘Il Gionalino’. The ‘Corriere dei Piccoli’ journal was the first Italian periodical magazine to make a regular feature of publishing short comic stories. It lasted from 1908 till 1995. The ‘Il Giornalino’ magazine is a bit younger, as it appeared in 1924 and is still published as of 2020.

In addition to their own stories and characters, these magazines acquired a license for creating comics based on popular American and European movies and cartoons, including The Flintstones, Jurassic Park, Asterix, Looney Tunes, and more. However, one could never tell if there would be stories featuring specific characters in each week’s issue. Such features were rarely published in immediate succession and readers had to wait a few weeks, or even months, to read another story starring their favorite characters.

We stumbled upon one of these magazines on eBay in November 2018 and began unraveling its mysteries. Soon we found out that these Italian TMNT comics were published in Italy from 1990 till 1998 (stories based on the 1987 TV show) and then from 2005 till 2008 (stories based on the 2003 TV show). We failed to find any issue guides, obviously, for there is still no complete catalogue in the Internet. Our search was further complicated by the fact that many issues with TMNT stories didn’t have the Green Team themselves on the covers. So, in order not to mess things up or miss an appearance, we had to acquire full runs of each publication year, then extract the precious pieces of work, just as we’d do with oysters and pearls. That was one hell of a job, let me say!

The first Italian TMNT story was published in December 1990 in ‘Corriere dei Piccoli’ magazine. The series was cancelled in 1994, although the books I’m talking about right now, collects the second ‘Il Giornalino’ cycle, published from 1994 till 1998 with a hiatus in 1997 (so, 4 years in total). You may wonder why… And there are a few reasons for that.

First of all, ‘Il Giornalino’ stories are meant for more adult readers, and their vision of TMNT is a unique mixture of the 1987 TV show and 1990-1993 movies. Theirs is an entirely new, breathtaking universe, while the ‘Corriere dei Piccoli’ series starts with an adaptation of the very first episodes of the TV show and then, just like Fleetway Publishing’s Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in the UK, does not go beyond the 1987 Universe. The second reason is the fact that ‘Il Giornalino’ stories were the first Italian comics we uncovered, and currently it’s the only complete collection we’ve managed to assemble, while work on ‘Corriere dei Piccoli’ is still in progress. But rest assured, the time shall come!

The ‘Turtles Club’ global goal has always been to collect, translate and publish all the existing comic book stories about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the world. As such, we are pleased to present to you the first of the four collected books of Italian ‘Il Giornalino’ TMNT stories based on the 1987 TV show (and we’ll also talk about comic adaptations of 2003 TV show comics, a bit later).

Sadly, these comics will never be reprinted in USA officially because of many factors such as ancient license agreements between companies which are not the right holders anymore... So, we're translating them into English on our own, but doing it in a professional way. Because our main goal -- find and tempt out of the shadows all existed TMNT comics from all over the world!

I'm going to collect these amazing comics on English for myself in books, year by year, and if you want, you can join and get a copy as well. As the first book already printed and almost arrived, I’m glad to open preorder for the Book 2: Year 1995 Collection!

Hardcover, 168 (!) pages, 8.6x12.4 inches (same format and quality as TMNT Odyssey Ultimate). Each one will be printed with an extremely small print run, so if you have to get them in your collection as badly as myself, that's your unique chance to get a copy! (There are still some copies of the Book One as well!) Please send me a direct message for details.

And to show you how amazing these comics, here is another chapter, right from the second book!
https://yadi.sk/i/xkwF-6m_J5SfSQ

Old 01-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #27
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Any news about this? Sorry, but i need some new stuff to read
Old 01-30-2021, 09:19 PM   #28
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I just got mine in the mail and I love it! I can't wait until the second book comes out!
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:04 PM   #29
j3h
Hench Mutant

That is awesome to hear that these are arriving! Are tracking numbers or an email shipment notification sent out or are they just arriving as a surprise?
I’m very much looking forward to receiving mine.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:46 AM   #30
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
That is awesome to hear that these are arriving! Are tracking numbers or an email shipment notification sent out or are they just arriving as a surprise?
I’m very much looking forward to receiving mine.
I asked and he provided a tracking number
Old 01-31-2021, 10:03 AM   #31
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Hey, guys! Not all packages are shipped yet, sorry for the delay. I'll contact with everyone and provide track number for sure. I hope, I'll finish shipping on this week.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:19 AM   #32
j3h
Hench Mutant

Thank you for the update!
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:05 PM   #33
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Hey, guys! Not all packages are shipped yet, sorry for the delay. I'll contact with everyone and provide track number for sure. I hope, I'll finish shipping on this week.
No worries, just take your time and stay safe out there, that's way more important. That being said, can't wait for mine
Old 02-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #34
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Is book two already done?
Old 02-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #35
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpieturtlemix View Post
Is book two already done?
Nope, but I'm working on it)
Old 03-16-2021, 01:02 PM   #36
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Can I ask you what the cover will look like?
Old 03-18-2021, 06:01 PM   #37
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Just got mine, and OMG, the quality of it such professional work, worth every cent and i'm in for all of them, the ones announced and every single one you guys are willing to release down the line.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:18 PM   #38
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Hey buddy, how is the second book coming along? I can't wait for it.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:16 AM   #39
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Any news about the second book? Been a while since we got any.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:05 PM   #40
Tortuglio
Thug

Wow, really cool, didn't know about this.
Tortuglio is offline   Reply With Quote