The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-25-2021, 12:09 PM   #161
AquaParade
Banned

We look to be heading back to the time of buying packages, like we did with cable, but at least the budgets are bigger and we can choose when and what to watch now.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:35 PM   #162
CyberCubed
Overlord

And I'll continue to spend $0 and subscribe to none of them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:03 PM   #163
Roseangelo
Emperor

Ok, so put the Rise series on Paramount+ but the Rise movie on Netflix. That makes sense.

I only pay for Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime. If it's on anything else I don't need it.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #164
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I only pay for Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime. If it's on anything else I don't need it.
Same here...sorta.
1st was Netflix back when it was about the only game in town.
Then it was Amazon Prime, but that was for shipping first. Prime Video was a bonus.
Disney+ was a given as a father of 2 kids under 10. (I bundled it with Hulu, though)

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:28 PM   #165
CyberCubed
Overlord

So I guess nothing came from this then, right? Viacom announced a bunch of new projects like a whole new Avatar franchise being spawned into multiple shows, a Rugrats reboot, Star Trek cartoons, etc....but nothing TMNT was announced.

I figured they'd wait a while before making another cartoon after Rise bombed, so other than the animated movie I don't think we'll get anything for awhile.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:42 PM   #166
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I guess nothing came from this then, right? Viacom announced a bunch of new projects like a whole new Avatar franchise being spawned into multiple shows, a Rugrats reboot, Star Trek cartoons, etc....but nothing TMNT was announced.

I figured they'd wait a while before making another cartoon after Rise bombed, so other than the animated movie I don't think we'll get anything for awhile.
Here's a "hail mary" for you:

They had something brewing, specifically for this, but scrapped it and began rework, after the success of The Last Ronin #1. They realized that they have all bases covered when it comes to children, and a live-action series aimed at older fans is now in development.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:45 PM   #167
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Come on... don't be getting my hopes up.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #168
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm fine with this.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:33 PM   #169
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Maybe it'll be a cartoon about the turtles waking up and noticing they have nostrils now. At the same time some dude named Eric Sachs wants to take over where Shredder left off, power vacuum and all that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:15 PM   #170
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Maybe it'll be a cartoon about the turtles waking up and noticing they have nostrils now. At the same time some dude named Eric Sachs wants to take over where Shredder left off, power vacuum and all that.
You're a monster for even putting this out into the universe. Apologize to the room!
Old 02-26-2021, 10:37 PM   #171
Sumac
Banned

I wouldn't put my hopes up that execs will see TMNT as anything, but series for kids.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:11 AM   #172
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Here's a "hail mary" for you:

They had something brewing, specifically for this, but scrapped it and began rework, after the success of The Last Ronin #1. They realized that they have all bases covered when it comes to children, and a live-action series aimed at older fans is now in development.
Eh?

Source, or is this just wishful thinking?

Also, it's possible they are still holding on this trademark, and are still working on whatever this is supposed to be.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:24 AM   #173
AquaParade
Banned

100% wishful thinking.

But I do think the success of The Last Ronin will payoff in some other way for fans. Whether that's an animated movie (not my first choice) or just a couple valves released when it comes to Nickelodeon censorship overall, with the movies or cartoons. Money talks.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:52 AM   #174
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Maybe it'll be a cartoon about the turtles waking up and noticing they have nostrils now.
Although knowing Nick... that is a Nick Jr. show for toddlers, the Turtles are themselves young children, and the general premise is that mutation is slow and each ep will focus on learning about a body part. One will indeed be about them waking up and realizing they have nostrils.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #175
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The 2003 series is the closest thing to last ronin and IDW. So the success of Last ronin showed what we all say that something like Rise of TMNT will never be succesful but it must be something at least as serious as 2003 or better/more violent to be succesful. So the next series either will be based on IDW or will be something like 2003 . If it is again like rise or even 1987 series it will faill.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:36 AM   #176
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
100% wishful thinking.

But I do think the success of The Last Ronin will payoff in some other way for fans. Whether that's an animated movie (not my first choice) or just a couple valves released when it comes to Nickelodeon censorship overall, with the movies or cartoons. Money talks.
We can always hope that sales for Last Ronin being as fantastic as they are will wake Nick/IDW up enough to either go darker with the ongoing or to start a new series in the darker vein & let the old series die the slow horrible antagonizing death it currently seems to be 14 issues after the 100 milestone.... I want to see something darker, more Mirage level gritty for sure...

But are they smart enough to see what fans want?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:41 AM   #177
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
We can always hope that sales for Last Ronin being as fantastic as they are will wake Nick/IDW up enough to either go darker with the ongoing or to start a new series in the darker vein & let the old series die the slow horrible antagonizing death it currently seems to be 14 issues after the 100 milestone.... I want to see something darker, more Mirage level gritty for sure...

But are they smart enough to see what fans want?
Not as long as the execs think the fans want pizza, cowabunga, Bebop and Rocksteady.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #178
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Not as long as the execs think the fans want pizza, cowabunga, Bebop and Rocksteady.
This is sort of circular though. The idea is that The Last Ronin proves otherwise. The execs only care about what the fans spend money on, and this is the biggest splash "adult TMNT" has made in decades.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:44 AM   #179
sdp
Megan Fox = April

fans want pizza, cowabunga, Bebop and Rocksteady, just look at social media and youtube.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:17 PM   #180
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
fans want pizza, cowabunga, Bebop and Rocksteady, just look at social media and youtube.
That part is established. What is new is The Last Ronin being the highest printed comic IDW has ever produced, while making a big splash outside the immediate TMNT bubble. I'm sure Nick even saw a slight uptick in TMNT movie dvd sales and such over the last couple months, because it brought the franchise back into the spotlight for a lot of lapsed fans. Social media is great, but what they really care about is what sells.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I feel like your post is missing the point.