The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-21-2021, 01:51 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

How old were you...(I mean it is a CyberCubed Thread)

How old were you in 2003 when this show debuted?

I was 16, so I was at the right age where I wanted a "more action oriented" or "darker" TMNT show in my teen years compared to growing up with all the original series stuff.

It's funny because I always think of myself as an adult when this show came out, but then I remember I was still just a 16 year old in High School when this show came out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

Almost 21, you thread-title-repeating dick.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:11 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

I was 10 when the first episode aired but the show probably didn't air in Sweden that year. I didn't see much of the show on TV because my mom didn't care much about paying for cable, so our access to most channels tended to be in flux because of this. I knew there was an older show but I had no idea if the two shows were connected at all, because I had not really seen the old show, just a bunch of leftover merch. I do remember it being kind of weird that none of the characters, like the Rhino and Warthog, that were featured heavily in that merch did not appear in the new show.

Of course now I know the two shows are nothing alike on purpose, as it was one of the original creators' attempt to give the kiddy branch of the franchise some... Much needed "corrective surgery"... So to speak.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:45 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Almost 21, you thread-title-repeating dick.
Yeah, all those titles have been updated.

They were soooo 2003.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:01 AM   #5
Icebot
Foot Elite

I was 22 when the show first aired. I basically grew up with the 1987 series, watching the early seasons when I was 11 and then the red sky ones as a teenager, I felt the red sky seasons helped me warm up to be able to watch the 2003 series, which I think was much darker than red sky many times.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:18 AM   #6
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I was 16 when the show debuted in the US. 17 when it started to air in Ireland. Like icebot, the red sky seasons helped me to warm up to the 2003 series, though it still took me a few episodes to get into it. Garbageman being the first ep I saw probably didn’t help.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Hm. I was 25. But at the time I hadn't been into TMNT since probably 1991. And I didn't have any real exposure to the '03 show until whenever it was that Cartoon Network did the TMNT Forever crossover.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:40 AM   #8
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Hm. I was 25. But at the time I hadn't been into TMNT since probably 1991. And I didn't have any real exposure to the '03 show until whenever it was that Cartoon Network did the TMNT Forever crossover.
Cartoon Network aired Turtles Forever? Are you sure about that? Nickelodeon purchased the franchise like right after Turtles Forever first aired. I know Nickelodeon aired the tv edited version of the movie, but I don't recall CN ever airing it.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:07 AM   #9
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Cartoon Network aired Turtles Forever? Are you sure about that? Nickelodeon purchased the franchise like right after Turtles Forever first aired. I know Nickelodeon aired the tv edited version of the movie, but I don't recall CN ever airing it.
I think it was aired in CN in certain territories, always remember seeing the CN logo on boxes of the figures/vehicles in the UK, despite it not airing on the CN
Old 01-22-2021, 09:35 AM   #10
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I was also 16 when it premiered.

I remember watching the little Fox Box promo special with Alexa Vega and Daryl Sabara (of Spy Kids fame) that revealed the new TMNT, and I was ecstatic they'd be doing a more 'proper' TMNT in my eyes.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
I think it was aired in CN in certain territories, always remember seeing the CN logo on boxes of the figures/vehicles in the UK, despite it not airing on the CN
Interesting thing about that.... I took a screen cap of the "digital copy" here and look at the channel branding in the lower right - the CW. lol!

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:03 AM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Looks like it started in February, so I'd have been on the late end of 23.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #13
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Press Release about CN airing rights (Nov 2003)

https://www.superherohype.com/news/8...artoon-network
Old 01-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #14
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I had just turned five when this show started airing.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #15
srmff
Foot Soldier

I was 5 when I first saw the show since it started airing in Ireland in September 2003.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 03:37 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Now I feel old, thanks Cubed. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:36 PM   #17
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I was 24. And subsequently, I joined this forum that year to participate in the talkback threads.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:04 PM   #18
PurpleMusic
Thug

I was 13, but never watched it though I did watch Kinnikuman on the same block. At the time (and still today) I couldn't stand the look of modern American cartoons, though I'm not as critical of it today given how much further things have fallen in that department in the years since...
PurpleMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:23 PM   #19
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

I was 4. After a few years, I think I was aware this show existed? But, the first TMNT thing I remember was the 2007 film, but I didn't watch it until much later. I didn't get hooked until 2k12 was a thing.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:01 PM   #20
nylemon

I was 11 in 2003 and I heard the cartoon from a classmate aired on TV channel in whatever year (like 2004 or 2005) that I don't care much because I never had a chance to see it on TV. I thought the show was one turn airing and never showed again on national tv channel.

I was back in 2005(maybe) visiting a video shop and the turtles cover attracted me so I bought a bootleg copy of eight episodes of the turtles in space and secret origins VCD, which totally brought me into the turtles. First, I was thinking the show was the same one I saw from TV which is the old 1987 cartoon and I played on Nintendo FC. At later time I figured it out.

I remember I was using water mark pen drawing turtles logo as a tattoo my arm during a lesson and found by my teacher and showed my arm to the whole class and making fun of me which is really embarrassing.