The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2021, 08:21 PM   #3341
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
You’ll have to wait for Super7 to do an Ultimate Scale Tail unless NECA starts making characters from the Game Boy games. Scale Tail was not a part of the Fred Wolf universe or the arcade games.
Oh I didn't realize that. I actually don't even like the Super 7 toys. I'm sure that puts me in the minority but I've just never been a fan of them. I also don't like the new Masters of the Universe Origins either and I'm probably in the minority on that one as well. I really love the NECA toys though and actually think NECA could do an awesome job with MOTU and Thundercats as well and as an 80's kid I would love that. I wasn't a big fan of the Super 7 Thundercats though but my buddy loved them.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:38 PM   #3342
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
Oh I didn't realize that. I actually don't even like the Super 7 toys. I'm sure that puts me in the minority but I've just never been a fan of them. I also don't like the new Masters of the Universe Origins either and I'm probably in the minority on that one as well. I really love the NECA toys though and actually think NECA could do an awesome job with MOTU and Thundercats as well and as an 80's kid I would love that. I wasn't a big fan of the Super 7 Thundercats though but my buddy loved them.
Adding a Fred Wolf Scale Tail, Monty Moose, Panda Khan, Pizzaface, Fugitoid, Sgt. Bananas, and et cetera would be a great way to close the Target 2-Pack line. It might be on the table for the future, but NECA is focusing on the side characters that made an appearance in the syndicated and CBS SATAM shows right now.

NECA has done 3 waves of Toony Terrors so far, so I imagine the NECA team could cover extra characters that were not in any of the episodes of the miniseries, syndicated series, or CBS SATAM series.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:44 PM   #3343
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant
 
TMNTFanatic4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 349
Mikey0, you're like a TMNT Toys encypedia lol. I mean that in a good way!

Just curious, do you collect or have a collection of TMNT?
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:28 PM   #3344
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Mikey0, you're like a TMNT Toys encypedia lol. I mean that in a good way!

Just curious, do you collect or have a collection of TMNT?
Thank you, TMNTFanatic4Life.

No, I do not collect TMNT figures from any company. The original Playmates toyline is one of my favorite toylines, so I have been sticking with all things TMNT since the 80s. Like Pixel Dan, MOTU is ranked higher on my list than TMNT. Still, the original Playmates TMNT toyline was very unique with its wild colors, highly detailed sculpts, funny character names, weapon racks, artwork on the front of the cards, and overall wackiness. I hope more companies like Diamond Select get ahold of the TMNT license in the future. There should be more homages to the first TMNT action figure line.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM   #3345
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Adding a Fred Wolf Scale Tail, Monty Moose, Panda Khan, Pizzaface, Fugitoid, Sgt. Bananas, and et cetera would be a great way to close the Target 2-Pack line. It might be on the table for the future, but NECA is focusing on the side characters that made an appearance in the syndicated and CBS SATAM shows right now.

NECA has done 3 waves of Toony Terrors so far, so I imagine the NECA team could cover extra characters that were not in any of the episodes of the miniseries, syndicated series, or CBS SATAM series.
My buddy sent me a vid of Super 7 saying that Usagi was for sure coming from them. So does anyone know if Stan Sakai has given them exclusive permission or has he also granted permission to NECA as well? Also are you personally more of a Super 7 or NECA fan?
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #3346
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
My buddy sent me a vid of Super 7 saying that Usagi was for sure coming from them. So does anyone know if Stan Sakai has given them exclusive permission or has he also granted permission to NECA as well? Also are you personally more of a Super 7 or NECA fan?
I have not heard anything about Stan Sakai giving or granting permission to NECA yet for an animated Usagi. Everyone on here will keep you posted.

You cannot compare the output of TMNT toys by NECA with the TMNT Ultimates by Super7. NECA makes collectibles based on arcade games, movies, and cartoons (OT, if you group them together). Whereas, TMNT Ultimates by Super7 are basically Masters of the Universe Classics versions of the original Playmates action figures. The Target Exclusive 2-Pack line started earlier than the TMNT Ultimates, so most collectors are following the NECA Target Exclusive 2-Pack toyline right now. Personally, I like both lines, but I wish NECA had made the Toei Animation turtles with the beaks for the first wave instead of repaints of the SDCC 2016 Exclusive Arcade Game Hero Figure Set turtles. The NECA Target Exclusive 2-Pack line is getting better with each new release, Ultimate figures in mock F.H.E. VHS boxes, and availabilities in the NECA Store. The TMNT Ultimates line is great because it covers all bases. There are alternate heads for longtime collectors who don’t want 7 inch versions of toys they already have, two sets of weapons, differences in scale between figures, and the chance of S7 making a huge Sewer Playset. I feel the packaging could match that of the fronts of the cards from the earliest years of the original Playmates toyline. That was part of the charm of the original Playmates toyline.

Both lines have their pros and cons.

Last edited by mikey0; Yesterday at 05:17 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #3347
Shedder
Hench Mutant
 
Shedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 273
bought a android krang off ebay and it just arrived today.
The legs' had fallen off at the hip swivel inside the unopened box.
Is this common? hopefully they aren't a loose connection
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #3348
coreyrc87
Foot Soldier
 
coreyrc87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tupelo, MS
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
bought a android krang off ebay and it just arrived today.
The legs' had fallen off at the hip swivel inside the unopened box.
Is this common? hopefully they aren't a loose connection
I don't know if it's common, but mine came off when I was taking it out of the package and have popped off a time or two while posing. They pop right back on, though, and so far haven't fallen off while just standing.
__________________
Selling My IDW TMNT Collection!
coreyrc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #3349
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant
 
TMNTFanatic4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
bought a android krang off ebay and it just arrived today.
The legs' had fallen off at the hip swivel inside the unopened box.
Is this common? hopefully they aren't a loose connection

I saw 1 at Target where the upper body was not attached to the lower body...hopefully you can put the leg back in place.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #3350
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
bought a android krang off ebay and it just arrived today.
The legs' had fallen off at the hip swivel inside the unopened box.
Is this common? hopefully they aren't a loose connection
Both the movie and cartoon figures by NECA are riddled with quality control issues. I would snap the legs back in or keep the Ultimate Krang’s Android Body in the Wrath of Krang box.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #3351
teemu
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 233
A "bad guy" comes with Ace Duck...it was already said so..
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #3352
inaheap
Stone Warrior
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
I don't know if it's common, but mine came off when I was taking it out of the package and have popped off a time or two while posing. They pop right back on, though, and so far haven't fallen off while just standing.
I'd try heating the leg up and see if it pops back on. But I don't have one myself so not sure if that will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
I saw 1 at Target where the upper body was not attached to the lower body...hopefully you can put the leg back in place.
The body separates at the middle to put Krang in. Could that be what you saw?
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.