The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-20-2021, 11:40 AM   #21
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

So, my thoughts:

Spoiler:
I like Mona Lisa’s new hair(fins, gills, what are those things actually called?) style and outfit, and I never realized somehow that she had to tape together her glasses so they would fit together over her new face.

Whelp, take care all!
Old 01-20-2021, 10:57 PM   #22
Allio
Foot Elite

I wasn’t into it during the middle part, but once Lita appeared I was on board. It was honestly just hysterical the way Donnie just reacted to Lita coming in.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:01 AM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Good issue, particularly the little and not-so-little hints of the future that kept unnerving everyone throughout, but I gotta say I rolled my eyes really hard at that climate change line. 2032 is ten years from now, come the **** on with the gullible nonsense... Guaranteed by then we'll still be more worried about handling the China virus than with a little something folks my age grew up calling "seasons of the year". Doesn't make much sense that the humans would age that much in such a short time span either, and who is that guy to the left of Casey supposed to be?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:20 AM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I gotta say I rolled my eyes really hard at that climate change line. 2032 is ten years from now, come the **** on with the gullible nonsense... Guaranteed by then we'll still be more worried about handling the China virus than with a little something folks my age grew up calling "seasons of the year".
Yeah, but you gotta remember, traditionally the people who write/draw TMNT comics tend to skew not only left, but pretty hard left. And they're all pretty convinced that the sky's falling. So of course that's gonna go into their work.

The Archie books did the same thing, although at least there they said it was gonna be closer to 100 years in the future rather than 10. That was pretty smart.

But yeah, this is the kinda stuff you can expect from the kinda people who want Greta Thunberg to have her own postage stamp. It is what it is.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:36 AM   #25
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

finally got to read it and damn, that was interesting. my first surprise was sheena's
Spoiler:
wig
moment. i really did think she had most of it. and is monas hair feathers still growing? they seem a lot longer than the last time sophie did in 105.
Spoiler:
i saw a longnecked dinosaur in the mutant crowd and a mutated pepperoni. Not to mention Harold turning donnie into robocop/borg.
i think the biggest bombshell for me was
Spoiler:
leo and koya
how the hell does the first date go? and jenny in the words of doc brown "it means your future hasn't been written yet, no one's has. your future is what you make it, so make it a good one, the both of you."

You know if they ever do do a crossover with transformers it could be because of metalhead booting back on and finding a cybertron artifact at area 51. Sorry insperation just struck me and I wanted to put it out there.

Last edited by lonewarrior20; 01-21-2021 at 04:05 AM.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:29 AM   #26
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
who is that guy to the left of Casey supposed to be?
Pretty sure that's Angel, going by the armor.

Also I liked the nods to the Image versions of the characters as if that's one potential future that could happen.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:33 AM   #27
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, but you gotta remember, traditionally the people who write/draw TMNT comics tend to skew not only left, but pretty hard left.
I didn't realize scientific research in of itself had a political alignment. Literally the only people denying the damage it's doing are those making money off of it and the people who lap up what they say despite having any evidence to support it.

I'm disappointed, Leo. I never thought of you as being a complete idiot before.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:52 AM   #28
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I didn't realize scientific research in of itself had a political alignment. Literally the only people denying the damage it's doing are those making money off of it and the people who lap up what they say despite having any evidence to support it.

Yeah, sadly a few people on here have decided that was absolutely necessary to discuss their political inclinations (mostly right-leaners oddly) when we're supposed to be discussing anthropomorphic animals.

I say ignore them and stick to the subject matter at hand.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:18 AM   #29
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Good issue, particularly the little and not-so-little hints of the future that kept unnerving everyone throughout, but I gotta say I rolled my eyes really hard at that climate change line. 2032 is ten years from now, come the **** on with the gullible nonsense... Guaranteed by then we'll still be more worried about handling the China virus than with a little something folks my age grew up calling "seasons of the year". Doesn't make much sense that the humans would age that much in such a short time span either, and who is that guy to the left of Casey supposed to be?
You think that’s bad. I read a manga where the entire premise the main protagonist get sent into the future and decides he has to go into the past to change their destiny. How far into the future was he flung? 5 minutes.

Last edited by Allio; 01-21-2021 at 04:42 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:34 AM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Read the issue last night and loved it.

Things I noticed.
Spoiler:
New York City becoming Mutant City with everyone being Mutants.

Spoiler:
Alopex and the adult Weasel sisters teaming up and and Raph being there mortal enemy.

Spoiler:
Donnie becoming a cyborg.

Spoiler:
Looks like there's a thing going on between Jennika and Sheena. I sense a ship between the two coming.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:00 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Lita's timeline sounds pretty bad, so I guess the Turtles will avert that future. Then again part of me feels she's making it up? I guess the way she was describing everything felt pretty random.

It also doesn't add up because there's no mention of Utroms/Ch'rell/Krang anywhere, and if they're all back surely something would have happened with them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:35 AM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but you gotta remember, traditionally the people who write/draw TMNT comics tend to skew not only left, but pretty hard left. And they're all pretty convinced that the sky's falling. So of course that's gonna go into their work.
Yeah, I've been hearing the same 10-year-deadline-doom-and-gloom B.S. since the 80's. Becomes less impressive every time you hear and wait 10 years and nothing happens. Climate change is the new Book of Revelations. With professional writers, though, there's always the expectation that they know better and remain focused on delivering good, engaging stories rather than turning everything into an ideological mouthpiece.

Quote:
The Archie books did the same thing, although at least there they said it was gonna be closer to 100 years in the future rather than 10. That was pretty smart.
And it was fun, over the top and clearly not meant to be taken entirely seriously. Sure, Archie TMNT had a certain leaning in its message but it didn't feel as jarring as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Pretty sure that's Angel, going by the armor.
Thank, I was going crazy trying to figure out who it could be.

Quote:
I'm sure none of the scientists who push climate change theory are making any money off of it whatsoever. I mean, it's not like scientists are the sort of people who constantly rely on funding for their work or anything... And as I recall, every time a scientist wants to come forward and present evidence to the contrary, he's denied an opportunity to discuss his findings. Funny that. In short, climate change is dogma. And dogma isn't science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Yeah, sadly a few people on here have decided that was absolutely necessary to discuss their political inclinations (mostly right-leaners oddly) when we're supposed to be discussing anthropomorphic animals.

I say ignore them and stick to the subject matter at hand.
Oooh, "right-wingers", scary... We're discussing something that's in the issue. Didn't decide to do it out of nowhere. And without even realizing it, you're actually agreeing with the notion that a comic about anthropomorphic animals, as you put it, is no place for such things. Thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
You think that’s bad. I read a manga where the entire premise the main protagonist get sent into the future and decides he has to go into the past to change their destiny. How far into the future was he flung? 5 minutes.
Now we know where Bill Watterson got it from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Read the issue last night and loved it.

Things I noticed.
Spoiler:
New York City becoming Mutant City with everyone being Mutants.
The one constant that's apparently inescapable throughout the "bad futures".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It also doesn't add up because there's no mention of Utroms/Ch'rell/Krang anywhere, and if they're all back surely something would have happened with them.
I noticed that too. Would've expected Donnie to ask about that stuff. No mention of Null either, and she's becoming increasingly important.

A thought I had in the meantime: is it too much of a stretch to imagine Bebop and Rocksteady (and Anchovy?) will be invited to join Jenny's band as a sign of good faith between the Splinter Clan and the Foot? They were part of a band in one of Donnie's visions of the future back in his macro...
Old 01-21-2021, 11:39 AM   #33
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

I really enjoyed this issue as it has got me back to being exciting for the rest of the comics. so interested in the future story, i just hope they expand on it all. one thing that caught me by surprise was jennika kiss scene.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:47 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well the future is already being retconned with Lita coming back to the present, so we know it won't happen
Old 01-21-2021, 11:50 AM   #35
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well the future is already being retconned with Lita coming back to the present, so we know it won't happen
To quote Legends of Tomorrow, "Time wants to happen". Some things seem to be fixed no matter what, with only slight variations. Manhattan's mutant population is still growing, Splinter is still dead as a result of a fallout with his sons, Saki is still in a prime position to oppose the Utroms, etc.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:11 PM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

If you really think the world is gonna end in 10 years, I can't help you. They've been saying that literally every year since I was 5. We're still here. Deal with it.

I honestly thought better of you, too, but if that's as little as it takes to trip your trigger and go flying off the handle, then... yeah, one of us has a problem and it ain't me.

Now watch your mouth and go f*ck your own ass. I ain't got time for this sh*t today.

Quote:
Yeah, I've been hearing the same 10-year-deadline-doom-and-gloom B.S. since the 80's. Becomes less impressive every time you hear and wait 10 years and nothing happens.
Yep.

Quote:
And it was fun, over the top and clearly not meant to be taken entirely seriously. Sure, Archie TMNT had a certain leaning in its message but it didn't feel as jarring as this.
Yep.

You're not simply A Person Who Pays Attention or Someone With A Long Memory, though. You're a "complete f*cking idiot"!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #37
neatoman
Emperor

Yeah, there's absolutely no ****ing way Lita's future is going to happen, "the future" as depicted in just about any given piece of indefinitely running series is always in flux. This is simply because the intention of having it go on for as long as possible means it can't set things in stone, as that would cripple the ability to write new stories with relative freedom. Anyone who thinks this Mutant City concept will come to pass, no matter how much foreshadowing or how many hints there are, don't really know how these things tend to shake out. It's like assuming Age of Apocalypse or Days of Future Past is "the" future of the Marvel Universe, making it the undeniable future is like opening pandora's box, you just don't do it. It's more likely Mutant Town will be written out of the story by getting fumigated with mustard gas than developed into Mutant City.

In fact, this particular version of the scenario we see here has so many details, it just straight up stinks of obviously being a fake future. There's no way any writer on earth is going to carefully set up every single event that would allow all (or even most) of that to happen. It wouldn't just cripple the potential of the story moving forward in an organic manner, or even exciting manner for that matter, it would just be awkward and contrived.

Anyway, is pig in a wig a reference to Dudley Dursley?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Lita's time travel to get Jennika to make her band (heh) is specifically done to prevent her future, so none of that will ever happen anyway.

I mean I suppose it's still possible Jennika could kill Karai down the line, but even that might not happen. Also Lita calling the Turtles "Dad" kinda fits if they raise her in the future, but thank god present-day Lita already exists and is shown so we don't have to speculate the Turtles biologically being related to her or mating with someone.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:47 PM   #39
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Mutant Town is only the beginning. If and when that wall comes down. All those mutants will be able to roam freely all over New York City. and as more and more mutants are appearing. The future of a New York City overrun by Mutants is a possibility. Judging by Future Lita's future. Nobody has come out with Retromutagen to turn people back to normal.

Like it or not. The Turtles now have knowledge of a future where there will be more mutants then humans in the city. They will need to take some steps to prepare for the inevitable but prevent the things that happened to them from coming to fruition.

This kind of reminds of the final episodes of the 2012 TMNT series that took place in a future where everyone was a mutant.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:56 AM   #40
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Mutant Town is only the beginning. If and when that wall comes down. All those mutants will be able to roam freely all over New York City. and as more and more mutants are appearing. The future of a New York City overrun by Mutants is a possibility. Judging by Future Lita's future. Nobody has come out with Retromutagen to turn people back to normal.

Like it or not. The Turtles now have knowledge of a future where there will be more mutants then humans in the city. They will need to take some steps to prepare for the inevitable but prevent the things that happened to them from coming to fruition.

This kind of reminds of the final episodes of the 2012 TMNT series that took place in a future where everyone was a mutant.
Ugh... I wrote an estensive argument for why that probably won't happen. In case you aren't able to comprehend it, here's a simplified version of it:
  1. No indefinitely running series will ever set the future in stone, that would prevent it from actually going on indefinitely. The Terminator franchise is infamous for ignoring the obvious static timeline of the first movie.
  2. The future Lita told about is way too detailed to ever be allowed to happen. It stinks of being a rotten red herring.
  3. A cure is not the only way mutant town could be written out of the story. One possible explaination I'm pulling out my ass now is "Ch'rell promise them a cure when he tells them of the Utrom connection to the mutagen, then 90% of the mutants step through a portal to Burnow island and suffocate". It's idiotic to assume you can only write them out by curing them.

That last one I feel like I had to explain over and over again. What the hell makes people believe a story can only ever go in one of two directions? Even if it does happen, it can still be written out some way. Am I really the only person here (writers involved with TMNT excluded) who has studied creative writing or even written fiction for that matter? Different drafts of the same story can end up radically different with just a few rewrites, and that's not even bringing sequels, prequels or other derivatives.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 01-22-2021 at 02:02 AM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote