The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2021, 12:22 PM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I sleep fine at night knowing that I'm paying SOMEone for the stuff I own.

If Nick or Disney/Marvel/Misc./Etc. don't want my money, and refuse to give me an "official" release of the shows I want to watch, then that's their prerogative. I definitely would pay Nick for the 4Kids TMNT, Marvel for the Spider-Man show, etc. But if they make it impossible, well... s'alright.

And in that case, if Someone Else is going to all the hard work of transferring those shows to a DVD or Blu-Ray, then $30 or so is a fair one-time service charge in exchange for their labor in providing me a product or service that Nick or Marvel obstinately refuse to provide.

I prefer to pay for the things I own. WHO ends up getting paid, in the end, well... that depends on who provides me with what I want. If not Nick/Disney, then Someone Else.

I don't know, to me that makes sense. I find it more honorable than outright thievery. And like I said, I WOULD pay The Right People, but The Right People can't be assed to take my money, so... what am I to do otherwise?
That is 100% EXACTLY how I see it.

I'm standing right here with money to spend, but you won't release your own property for purchase? So what exactly do you expect me to do?

So, in these rare instances, I support local entrepreneurs.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #22
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Someone should try to throw an episode of the 2003 show in one of those AI-based upscaling algorithm.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:39 PM   #23
dragonside
Hench Mutant

It is highly disappointing that there is no proper dvd release of the series.

In 2009 when I really got into the series. I managed to snag individual volumes before they became impossible to find.. so I feel for those that got into the game too late or just could never find it. I had to look in the most obscure places like Chapters, Random online DVD retailers, and then resorting to third party amazon and ebay sellers. Zellers (in Canada).. and then finally Australian DVD retailers.

The original releases were a disaster to find for the 2003 show. And technically it was never completely released in north america. The only way to get a complete BTTS was through Region 4 (Australia). (I did that too).

I am hoping that whatever endeavor that Nick does next .. brings Turtlemania back in new era. That way more home releases can come.

A complete 2003 + Turtles Forever Uncut and a complete ROTTMNT + movie would be amazing.

Cheers all and good luck hunting if you're trying to snag the original release...but I hope a complete series DVD collection comes out.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:37 AM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
I liked it. I didn't watch it obsessively but I liked what I saw of it. There were some nutty "Early-90s Censorship" issues going on as far as violence and whatnot, but honestly, it's kinda hard to notice unless you're looking for it, and was par for the course at the time. Like there was apparently a rule for the animators that "When landing on a rooftop, Spider-Man can never put any pigeons in danger," and it's like, okay. It's nutty that someone thought to make that A Rule but you'd also never even think about that if nobody brought it up.

I admit I'm not up to speed on ALL the Spider-Man cartoons, but the 90s one was the most accurate to the comics as far as I'm aware, and you know that's paramount with regard to my own personal criteria. Zarius is the "Spider-Man Guy" and also a huge cartoon fanatic, so he could probably tell you more.

For me, it was a Very Good Show by the standards of its era. Probably about as good as the Batman cartoon which aired in the same era, but a little bit less so. But every bit as "sincere". If that makes any sense.

You're driving.
The funny thing is that the cartoon is from 1994, two years post-animated Batman.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:02 AM   #25
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The funny thing is that the cartoon is from 1994, two years post-animated Batman.
What’s more shocking when you consider the difference in censorship is the fact that they aired on the same network (Fox Kids)
Old 01-13-2021, 10:19 PM   #26
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I want to rewatch at least some of this series. Does anyone have a favorite set of episodes/story arc?

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:14 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

When I rewatch shows I always just watch every episode in order from beginning to end. I never just randomly watch select episodes in a middle of a series, I just watch everything from the beginning to last season.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:20 PM   #28
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
I want to rewatch at least some of this series. Does anyone have a favorite set of episodes/story arc?
I wouldn't recommend that with the 4Kids series. If you're looking for a stand alone story, you're best option would be to just watch Turtles Forever. It's the same problem as watching the episodes on Pluto's TMNT channel. They just air episodes all over the place, and it's not as enjoyable as it would be if they aired them in order.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #29
Disasterbeast
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Someone should try to throw an episode of the 2003 show in one of those AI-based upscaling algorithm.
I've been working on doing this, the project stalled out as I'm busy with college right now, but I do have a powerful enough PC now to do this. I've done a few variations with settings to get the best possible outcome, haven't found that sweet spot yet. But I spent the first few weeks of the pandemic buying all the DVDs I could find to rip straight from the source instead of relying on torrents, didn't bother with season 6 or 7 as they are ridiculously expensive.

Anyways, I did the first episode of season one and it came out to 8.7 GB.
Disasterbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #30
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Wow, 8.7 GB for a 20 minutes video! What is the output resolution you're working with? Did you artificially increase the frame rate too? I guess this is still uncompressed raw data, right? With a good codec the size will drastically decrease.
I'm looking forward to see your work! Maybe at some point you could upload a little sample on YouTube.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:45 PM   #31
Disasterbeast
Mouser

Correct, Uncompressed data, I kept it at 30fps. But it takes 26 hours to upscale one video, I even cut out the intro and outro to save time and space, so it'll roughly take me over a month to do a season. I just need to dedicate time to doing it, plus I'll need encode them to drop the size down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg details.jpg (24.0 KB, 11 views)
Disasterbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:52 PM   #32
Rabbit Kraken Zeo
Random Punk

I couldn't totally get into the 2003 series however I did think that version of shredder looked like a boss because of his samurai appearance. On the one side the 2003 series had these turtles with "intense" personalities where as 87 is more level comedy and family oriented but 2003 had that toughness of a turtles personality it was a bit out of place for me as a viewer but i did enjoy forever though for what it offered.

You seem like a noble leader. Will you join me on my quest to Nidavellir?

Ah, let me just ask the captain. Oh, wait a second, it's me! Yeah. I'll go.
Rabbit Kraken Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:02 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

I rewatched the show about a decade ago. And by rewatch I mean, there's some stuff I had never watched when it aired since I either overslept or wasn't aware the show was still going. Namely Fast Forward and beyond.

It's a shame this show never got proper DVD releases. I'd gladly buy a bluray collection of this if a proper one ever got made.

Before someone comes in and tells me the show is still easy to find on certain websites nowadays, that's not my point. I'd rather there was a simple and practical LEGAL way of watching this show.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:46 PM   #34
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I rewatched the show about a decade ago. And by rewatch I mean, there's some stuff I had never watched when it aired since I either overslept or wasn't aware the show was still going. Namely Fast Forward and beyond.

It's a shame this show never got proper DVD releases. I'd gladly buy a bluray collection of this if a proper one ever got made.

Before someone comes in and tells me the show is still easy to find on certain websites nowadays, that's not my point. I'd rather there was a simple and practical LEGAL way of watching this show.
Its on CBS All Access.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:11 AM   #35
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
Its on CBS All Access.
It's been renamed Paramount+ now, in case anyone can't find it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:39 AM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sometimes I wonder if everyone on this forum is stuck in the 90's or something. Online streaming is a thing. All 7 seasons of the 2k3 series are being legally streamed on both CBS/Paramount and Pluto TV.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:14 AM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

Because streaming sucks and I don't wanna be here all day explaining the "Why" to you because it would indeed take all day.

At least there are high-quality bootlegs available for people who want to own them on disc. But it really shouldn't be That or Nothing. F*cking Viacom.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:37 AM   #38
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Sometimes I wonder if everyone on this forum is stuck in the 90's or something. Online streaming is a thing. All 7 seasons of the 2k3 series are being legally streamed on both CBS/Paramount and Pluto TV.
That's not really fair. Yes, right now all of the seasons are available to stream on Paramount. But there's people like myself who want to OWN the seasons, even if it's digitally.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

I think the point is lost on someone who doesn't care about or believe in "ownership".

He's too busy sitting in his sparsely-furnished apartment with bare white walls, watching illegally-downloaded movies on 1.5x speed and marveling at all the money he's saving. I bet he only has one pillow.

Godless heathens.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:18 AM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I think the point is lost on someone who doesn't care about or believe in "ownership".

He's too busy sitting in his sparsely-furnished apartment with bare white walls, watching illegally-downloaded movies on 1.5x speed and marveling at all the money he's saving. I bet he only has one pillow.

Godless heathens.
But from where did he steal the couch he sits upon?