The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

My first TMNT episode

What was your first TMNT toy, and when did first see it? I first bought the "Epic Begins" videotape, and then caught "The Incredible Shrinking Turtles" on TV.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I think the first episode I remember seeing was "Enter: The Shredder" or "Super Irma" when I was 3 or 4, though I'm not sure (I just remember seeing a scene or two from those eps).

Last edited by Wesley; 02-03-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #3
pferreira
Foot Elite

Return of the Shredder was the first episode I watched on Going Live I think.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Not a damn clue.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was probably a Season 2 episode. Obviously there's no way to know for sure.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #6
ABrown
Banned

I'm thinking mine is a season two episode. I remember it airing on Sunday mornings. That would've had to be before it entered five day a week syndication during season three.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #7
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I'm thinking mine is a season two episode. I remember it airing on Sunday mornings. That would've had to be before it entered five day a week syndication during season three.
Season 2 is 1988, if it may help you.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:12 AM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Turtle Tracks.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #9
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Season 2 is 1988, if it may help you.
See in the Fall of 1987/Spring of 1988, I was still 100% into Transformers. And then in the Fall of 1988/Spring of 1989, I really wasn't into anything. I believe that it was during that season (season 2) that I saw my first TMNT episode. Cause it wasn't until I saw the first movie in the theater in the Spring of 1990, after the series had entered five day a week syndication (season 3) that I really got into the cartoon.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #10
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
See in the Fall of 1987/Spring of 1988, I was still 100% into Transformers. And then in the Fall of 1988/Spring of 1989, I really wasn't into anything. I believe that it was during that season (season 2) that I saw my first TMNT episode. Cause it wasn't until I saw the first movie in the theater in the Spring of 1990, after the series had entered five day a week syndication (season 3) that I really got into the cartoon.
Maybe you watched a rerun.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #11
Storm Eagle
Saved by

It was probably "The Case of the Killer Pizzas". It's the earliest episode I remember seeing, but I probably didn't watch all the way through. It's a season 2 episode, and I did see that one while season 2 was active, but I don't think I was really into the show until the summer before season 3 started.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #12
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Pretty sure it was The Great Boldini.
On a roll with these threads aren'tcha Original?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:33 AM   #13
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

My first episode was "Curse of the Evil Eye" from season 2 (though BBC never showed season 1, so the show had only been on for a few weeks). Watched it, loved it, picked up issue #1 of the Hero Turtles comic shortly thereafter.

First toys (there was a real shortage in the UK during much of 1990!) - my brother got Donatello, I got Shredder and my sister got April. I got the rest for Christmas that year.
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #14
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I remember my first real experience watching the show was catching the last few moments of "The Old Switcheroo" and then "The Ninja Sword of Nowhere". Looking back, it's kinda interesting to think that the latter of those episode had Rob Paulsen unable to play Raphael, ergo he was played by one of his 1989 substitutes. It wasn't until after watching reruns of that season during the '90s and becoming more familiar with all the characters that I took notice.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #15
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I really don't remember, but I think I caught a portion one of the syndicated episodes early in the morning before leaving for school.

Seems like it was probably "The Fifth Turtle."

I remember liking Raphael's personality and the fact that he seemed to perform especially competent in that episode. I got Raphael as my first action figure just because I loved the way the toyline box art looked and I thought the red mask was the best visual look.

The early weekday timeslot made it difficult for me to watch the show, so I was really happy when it premiered on CBS Saturday mornings, even though that meant I didn't get much opportunity to watch the Season 1-3 episodes that weren't released on VHS.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:55 AM   #16
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
First toys (there was a real shortage in the UK during much of 1990!) - my brother got Donatello, I got Shredder and my sister got April. I got the rest for Christmas that year.
I got the four Turtles one year at Wimbledon market and they started to brake as soon as I got home to open them.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:35 AM   #17
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
My first episode was "Curse of the Evil Eye" from season 2 (though BBC never showed season 1, so the show had only been on for a few weeks). Watched it, loved it, picked up issue #1 of the Hero Turtles comic shortly thereafter.

Didn't someone else air season 1, like sky. Having TMNT on BBC in the UK anyway is like if Sweden would have it on SVT.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:38 AM   #18
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Didn't someone else air season 1, like sky. Having TMNT on BBC in the UK anyway is like if Sweden would have it on SVT.
While it was being shown on the BBC Sky One showed the entire series. sometimes two episodes a day as part of the DJ Kat Show from the very beginning all the way to the end.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #19
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
While it was being shown on the BBC Sky One showed the entire series. sometimes two episodes a day as part of the DJ Kat Show from the very beginning all the way to the end.
But BBC is controlled by the government of the UK and financed as public service. Can just image how parents would complain for airing "violent children's series" with money paid by TV licenses.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #20
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
But BBC is controlled by the government of the UK and financed as public service. Can just image how parents would complain for airing "violent children's series" with money paid by TV licenses.
They got around any of that by editing the hell out of the cartoon hence 'Hero Turtles' but yeah parents still complained it was a violent show.