The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #81
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

If you want a more obvious Nintendo-TMNT connection, there's these guys:

http://www.mariowiki.com/Koopa_Bros.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #82
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
If you want a more obvious Nintendo-TMNT connection, there's these guys:

http://www.mariowiki.com/Koopa_Bros.
Ah yes, the rather infamous Koopa Bro and turtles connection. To be honest I don't know if any of the turtle related things were in intentional but if so then it's some pretty cool references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #83
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Episodic plots? WRONG, Pokemon is always known for having a serial-style storyline, which is why I enjoyed it way back. But I'm not surprised given that the TMNT reference was for Blastoise, given that its the turtle species of Pokemon. The use of Ninjas also isn't surprising, yet Ninjas were in pop culture well before TMNT even existed. Also, the Koopas were introduced in 1983's Mario Bros, predating the TMNT. If anything, Blastoise seems like a nicer Bowser and a Squirtle acts like a nicer Koopa Troopa.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pokemon may have continuing elements throughout each saga, but its still largely episodic.

After Kanto, you could skip 70% of the episodes in each "generation" and not miss anything important but a new pokemon getting its first animated appearance.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #85
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior

TMNT reference in Teen Titans GO

Although I hate this show, this is pretty funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9VzIqENsk4

Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #86
CyberCubed
Overlord

I refuse to watch TTGo because its an insult to the original 2003 Teen Titans which was actually a great show.

I also refuse to watch it because better shows like Young Justice were canceled because of it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #87
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

hah! hah! i love this show!

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #88
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I refuse to watch TTGo because its an insult to the original 2003 Teen Titans which was actually a great show.

I also refuse to watch it because better shows like Young Justice were canceled because of it.
teen titans go is just a spinoff ^_^ it's not meant to be a continuation of the original show or anything close....just a fun comedy of characters we know.

Teen Titans Go! didn't cancel Young justice....Young justice cancelled Young Justice.
1) the toys weren't selling
2) season 2 was just confusing, (new characters out of nowhere)
3) and apparently to many girls were watching??? http://io9.com/paul-dini-superhero-c...y-f-1483758317
Old 04-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #89
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
teen titans go is just a spinoff ^_^ it's not meant to be a continuation of the original show or anything close....just a fun comedy of characters we know.

Teen Titans Go! didn't cancel Young justice....Young justice cancelled Young Justice.
3) and apparently to many girls were watching??? http://io9.com/paul-dini-superhero-c...y-f-1483758317
wow. how sexist. those assholes need to realize that girls can be marketed if done right. the fact that more girls were into it than toys surprises me. as i said, that is sexist/prejudiced towards girls. guess now that the truth has been shown, people should lay off TTGO!

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #90
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Wait, they canceled young justice because of girls watching it? What the hell kinda reason is that?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #91
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:

None of those are really the show's fault.

1) The toys were absolutely terrible. Look at this ****.

2) You're supposed to go with the flow in terms of the timeskip. New characters? Get to know them. Besides, most of the "out of nowhere" characters in season two were in season one, albeit briefly. So they got their little introductions. You just had to pay attention.

3) I'm still amazed by that one. I'm by far no feminist, but I think Cartoon Network's Board of Directors is a bunch of dinosaur-aged white guys. Seriously, what the hell, CN?

Adding to all this, Cartoon Network has decided it doesn't like well-written, solid cartoons. It just wants lackluster junk like Teen Titans Go!. Want proof? Try watching Beware the Batman on Toonnami, at the reasonable hour of 3 AM. CN is trying to get rid of all its action cartoons and replacing it with... more bad comedy? I dunno.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #92
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
None of those are really the show's fault.

1) The toys were absolutely terrible. Look at this ****.

2) You're supposed to go with the flow in terms of the timeskip. New characters? Get to know them. Besides, most of the "out of nowhere" characters in season two were in season one, albeit briefly. So they got their little introductions. You just had to pay attention.

3) I'm still amazed by that one. I'm by far no feminist, but I think Cartoon Network's Board of Directors is a bunch of dinosaur-aged white guys. Seriously, what the hell, CN?

Adding to all this, Cartoon Network has decided it doesn't like well-written, solid cartoons. It just wants lackluster junk like Teen Titans Go!. Want proof? Try watching Beware the Batman on Toonnami, at the reasonable hour of 3 AM. CN is trying to get rid of all its action cartoons and replacing it with... more bad comedy? I dunno.
1) yea I guess it's not the shows fault the toys were terrible..but it still hurt them.

2) it's kinda hard sometimes...a kid watching the show would of probably had a favorite character from the first season....then all of a sudden new characters take the spotlight for most of season 2.....I'm an adult and that turned me off...it turned off a lot of people I know. (that and the fact I didn't really like the new characters as much as the old ones)

3).....it's not fair....boys like MLP and you don't see them canceling that.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #93
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
.....it's not fair....boys like MLP and you don't see them canceling that.
Boys buy the DVDs and other merchandise for MLP; I guess Cartoon Network thinks girls don't do that with Young Justice.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #94
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Boys buy the DVDs and other merchandise for MLP; I guess Cartoon Network thinks girls don't do that with Young Justice.
well MLP does a better job at merchandising for the boys too...

I mean they didn't HAVE to make a brony stuff.....

why couldn't Young Justice just make more girl-like things...

avatar had a toy-line...and they didn't have a single girl action figure! even though most of the girls in the show were kickbutt and awesome. heck the craziest villains they faced was an all girl team.

(unless someone found the action figures....in that case please tell me T^T)
Old 04-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #95
GodzFire
Hench Mutant

Quote:

THIS

F' Teen Titans Go and Beware the Batman (which apparently is already cancelled after 1 season.
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #96
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Wait, they canceled young justice because of girls watching it? What the hell kinda reason is that?
It's a driving problem with WB/DC, actually. The same thing has come up in interviews around shows like Arrow. They don't want the female demographic because they somehow think that will limit the male demographic who buy more merchandise....or something. I don't know, it's nonsensical lunacy.

Good luck getting a Wonder Woman movie.....ever.....with their current attitude.
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #97
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
It's a driving problem with WB/DC, actually. The same thing has come up in interviews around shows like Arrow. They don't want the female demographic because they somehow think that will limit the male demographic who buy more merchandise....or something. I don't know, it's nonsensical lunacy.

Good luck getting a Wonder Woman movie.....ever.....with their current attitude.
What do you mean? They already did. Sure, it was animated. But I still don't see why WB is so apprehensive about their female heroines.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #98
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
What do you mean? They already did. Sure, it was animated. But I still don't see why WB is so apprehensive about their female heroines.
I mean the theatrical movies. You'd think they'd want Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman for their main three pillars before building up a Justice League film, but it's clear that won't happen. Batman/Superman will appear together, Wonder Woman might cameo, then we'll head for Justice League.

Even after Justice League, I'm not confident of a Wonder Woman film.
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #99
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I mean the theatrical movies. You'd think they'd want Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman for their main three pillars before building up a Justice League film, but it's clear that won't happen. Batman/Superman will appear together, Wonder Woman might cameo, then we'll head for Justice League.

Even after Justice League, I'm not confident of a Wonder Woman film.
Why not make a movie about the Trinity instead?
Old 04-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #100
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
I refuse to watch TTGo because its an insult to the original 2003 Teen Titans which was actually a great show. I also refuse to watch it because better shows like Young Justice were canceled because of it.
First of all, Young Justice was not canceled because of Teen Titans Go. Second, Young Justice was not the great masterpiece that everyone seems to think that it was. Third, I think Teen Titans Go might actually be more entertaining than Nickelodeon's TMNT series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walking dead