The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Problem with another member

Sometime ago I sent another member here a complete set of Movie I Classic Collection figures to use as bases for a customization project. They weren't cheap. The idea was that he would make movie accurate figures like Splint'r is doing, I would put them on eBay, and we would split up the profits down the middle since I'd be doing the listing and shipping, not to mention I provided the bases out of pocket.

I was on pretty good terms with this person up until recently. After three months and some change with little to no progress made on the project, I asked him if he would send me four of his customs that he advertised here as "very easy to make" so that I could re-coup what I spent on the Movie I bases. At first he said yes, but when I told him I couldn't sell him seven figures from the 30th Anniversary Collector's Case (and the case itself) for $175 shipped because I would be losing money, he flipped sh!t and said he wouldn't send me compensation for the bases after all, nor would he move forward with the project (not that much had been done other than defacing my bases and making them worthless for anything except as fodder). He said he would just send everything back to me, but it has been weeks now and when I message him for an update on the shipment he just ignores me. He logs in everyday to post, so it isn't an issue of him not seeing my messages.

I really didn't want to air any more dirty laundry here, but I have never been much for being a push-over, and personally feel that this warrants a ban if my bases aren't going to be shipped back to me in a timely manner.

I will screenshot the messages exchanged for the staff should they be willing to intervene in this. Everyone else's comments and suggestions are welcome so long as things remain civil. I know at least one person will come into this thread and say something like "the prices you charge make YOU the real thief." Getting my thread closed by a moderator by starting a flame war doesn't help solve my problem.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 07-16-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That does sound pretty shady, but it seems to maybe be something more along of taking legal action against the person if you two have some contract he's not following then just getting him banned from a forum.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
Will not be censored

There was no "contract" per se. I'm not going to fly to Colorado to sue someone for $60 worth of action figures.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 07-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

According to the P.O. your stuff should arrive tommorow.

To be fair I did state to you over and over that all I needed were the heads but you "insisted" on sending everything.

I kept you updated with pics and also asked for suggestions. Little to no progress was because your communication skills suck. I would get a reply stating that you yourself were also going to be working on new head sculpts with some cheap crayola crap. You told me "I thought they would look like the other guys." You said "no hurry take your time." You asked me to make 12 heads from all 3 movies. I'm not going to start on the other 8 if you won't clearly tell me what you want and what's wrong with the first four.

You also tried to sell me a movie figure for some reason and I said no. You said I have fodder to send you and without me saying anything you sent it anyway and expected me to pay for it. You agreed to me sending back the movie figures and said keep the fodder. I haven't replied to you because I'm done I told you that. I told you I was sending everything back on the 1st and I did so on the 11th.

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 07-16-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Well... That changes the story a bit.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
Will not be censored

This is the first I have seen a tracking number.

I tried to sell you a SOTO Classics Don so you would have another body and three more heads to work with... I couldn't just give it to you, I was already $60 in at that point.

I sent you some fodder and you asked if you owed anything, I said $10 for the shipping would be nice but it wasn't necessary.

You're done because I wouldn't sell you 7 NECA figures and a Collector's Case for $175 because I would have been losing money. So now I have to hope I can hire another artist to finish this project. Someone else could have been doing the actual work this entire time.
Quote:

Old 07-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
This is the first I have seen a tracking number.

I tried to sell you a SOTO Classics Don so you would have another body and three more heads to work with... I couldn't just give it to you, I was already $60 in at that point.

I sent you some fodder and you asked if you owed anything, I said $10 for the shipping would be nice but it wasn't necessary.

You're done because I wouldn't sell you 7 NECA figures and a Collector's Case for $175 because I would have been losing money. So now I have to hope I can hire another artist to finish this project. Someone else could have been doing the actual work this entire time.
And again I didn't need the bodies. You wanted "custom heads" and before you know it he tells me I hope you can paint these pink. The whole bodies not just the heads.

Yes I did ask you if I owed you anything for the fodder and you said $10. You didn't say "it wasn't necessary". I didn't reply and then I get a pm saying "where's the $10 it's been nine days already".

You told me it was ok I can find someone else to finish these when I told you I was sending them back. Now you're trying to come off as desperate "So now I have to hope I can hire another artist to finish this project". So now except for some fodder that I never asked for my work goes uncompensated. I sent you the figs with the weapons and bases plus four sculpted heads already sanded that just need primer and paint. And my guess is you will get them painted and sell them but hey they're yours do what you want. If that's the way you choose to do business, God help you.

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 07-16-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #8
Will not be censored

Should I post pictures of the heads? They look like the 2OO3 4Kids turtles if they were dismembered in a plane crash.

I paid for the figures, weapons and bases in the first place.
Quote:

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 07-16-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #9
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Should I post pictures of the heads? They look like the 2OO3 4Kids turtles if they were dismembered in a plane crash.
Post em. From such a talented "artist" like yourself your opinion means everything to me. Next to them you can post a pic of anything you've made with that cheap, brittle crayola crap.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #10
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:

I paid for the figures, weapons and bases in the first place.
So, you do have the heads?
Old 07-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #11
Will not be censored

I have the WIP pictures he sent me. Why am I the one on trial now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0120091709.jpg (45.8 KB, 68 views)
Quote:

Old 07-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #12
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Enough of this, or were both gonna get banned and you have to many ongoing deals that you can't afford to get the axe even for a few days.
*Rolls eyes* Yeah, because it isn't like anyone here has a personal contact information in case they have to get a hold of me outside of here.

Why should I get banned for your behavior, anyway?
Quote:

Old 07-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #13
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Is selling toys worth all this stress? It seems like something like this happens to you often.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Is selling toys worth all this stress? It seems like something like this happens to you often.
I remember a while back he said this was his only source of income, I don't know if that's still a case or he has a regular job besides this now.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Airing it out on the forum just makes it into a "he said, he said" thing, and should have been dealt professionally outside off the forums. But, I'm curious why ship whole figures when the artist said he only needed the heads, and then tell the artist to paint the whole bodies.

Seems like there was no conclusive clearness on the "commission project" on what was wanted out of this before sending items over to the artist.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:42 PM   #16
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Airing it out on the forum just makes it into a "he said, he said" thing, and should have been dealt professionally outside off the forums. But, I'm curious why ship whole figures when the artist said he only needed the heads, and then tell the artist to paint the whole bodies.

Seems like there was no conclusive clearness on the "commission project" on what was wanted out of this before sending items over to the artist.
Because this guy is pushy as ****. I was warned ahead of time by another member but I thought I knew better and was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt having dealt with him before.

As for the whole figures they served no purpose to me as I never agreed to paint/customize the whole figure. He pushed and started talking about paint apps and what not. At one point he even bragged about real metal helmets for movie 3 turtles in Splint'r's thread. I pmd him and told him I never once mentioned anything to you about metal helmets.

If he took the time to read through everything instead of just focussing on how he could make money things might of gone differently.

Then I get a pm hey this is taking to long so send me/make me three foot soldiers in exchange for the $60 which he spent on the four movie turtles that he sent me that I never asked for. At this point before he said no to neca deal I said or I can just send you the figures(movie turtles) back. So I'm going to send him 3 of my custom figures to get his 60 dollars back but still have to split the money when he sells the movie turtles and custom heads.

Would anyone here take that deal?

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 07-16-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #17
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Please take this to PM...
Closed Thread