The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 03-13-2016, 10:29 AM   #201
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

im looking forward to miles morales! theres just to many legends to choose from...

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #202
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySiegel View Post
im looking forward to miles morales! theres just to many legends to choose from...
That Rogue figure looks great!

I like how how you can "throw" Secret War Cap's shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #203
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
That Rogue figure looks great!

I like how how you can "throw" Secret War Cap's shield.
yea man rogue is sick...

when i was a younging i always wanted more female heroes in the ranks.. but we couldnt risk getting one with our yearly action figure allowance...

the day my homie let me borrow his phoenix toy was a great moment!

haha

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:24 AM   #204
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

New Wolverine with a new buck, it's the brown suit.
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/05/x-men-l...erine-revealed

I was a bit hoping we'd get Laura as Wolverine, cause I really like that look, but this is cool too.

Personally not a big fan of the brown suit. I'm mort4e in favor of the Astonishing suit, which had a second version in the Puck wave, although that Wolverine have gotten really expensive on the second marked, which is a shame cause I think he looks a whole lot better then the 2006 Toy Biz version.

I do hope the new Wolverine is short in height.

And the BaF of Juggernaut.
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/05/x-men-l...rnaut-revealed

I really like the look of him. This X-Men wave have some great figures, now we just need some more accessible versions of Storm and Magneto, the prices on the Jubilee wave is insane.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:57 AM   #205
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
New Wolverine with a new buck, it's the brown suit.
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/05/x-men-l...erine-revealed

I was a bit hoping we'd get Laura as Wolverine, cause I really like that look, but this is cool too.

Personally not a big fan of the brown suit. I'm mort4e in favor of the Astonishing suit, which had a second version in the Puck wave, although that Wolverine have gotten really expensive on the second marked, which is a shame cause I think he looks a whole lot better then the 2006 Toy Biz version.

I do hope the new Wolverine is short in height.

And the BaF of Juggernaut.
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/05/x-men-l...rnaut-revealed

I really like the look of him. This X-Men wave have some great figures, now we just need some more accessible versions of Storm and Magneto, the prices on the Jubilee wave is insane.
Oh my god this is amazing. Is this wave going to be exclusive?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #206
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

More images.
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/06/new-x-m...ave-promo-pics
Old 09-16-2016, 03:36 PM   #207
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Finally got my hands on the Juggernaut wave. Except for Havoc, who I'm indifferent about (and his elbow joint is broken) I'm very happy with the figures. Phoenix is a bit derby eyed, but besides that the paint is on point.

Love the new Deadpool and Wolverine.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #208
snake
Disgusting

So far I only have Rogue and Deadpool but they're some of my favorite hasbro ML. Luckily I got a non-derpy Rogue as well.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #209
justforapic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
So far I only have Rogue and Deadpool but they're some of my favorite hasbro ML. Luckily I got a non-derpy Rogue as well.
Rogue seems rare/hard to find. I recently bought Phoenix and Kitty Pride. I think Kitty was played by Ellen Page in one of the movies.
justforapic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:16 AM   #210
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Got my Ironfist in the mail, found him fairy cheap loose without the BAF piece. He's so much better suited on the Pizza Spidey buck then the Bullseye buck. I was surprised to fins out that the wrapped hands could be taken off as well, but sadly the pegs on the hands form the Odin Ironfist is too long, skin tone's a bit off but snipping off a bit on the pegs and I can have some more diverse fist poses for him.

Now I'm just waiting for my Jubilee to arrive.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:58 AM   #211
snake
Disgusting

Has anyone actually found the Mantis wave at retail? I saw it once, at a walmart miles from my hometown (picked up Adam Warlock) and it seems that the distribution on that wave is leaning more to online stores like Amazon.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:16 AM   #212
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I've given up seeing MLs in the wild where I live. TRU still on the damn Odin wave with 1 AoU Wasp.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:29 AM   #213
snake
Disgusting

You've been on the Odin wave for what? 3 years now?

Over here I still see a few Machine Men and Sentries. I expect they will rot on the pegs eternally.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #214
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yeah, and I think it's the exact same figures I saw three years ago And here I was being all happy when I first saw the Ult. Goblin wave thinking ML is finally back after last figures I saw was that line that had X-Men 3 movie figures in it...

I didn't even buy any of the Odin figures when I first saw them in-store, I got the whole 7 figures wave on BBTS for the same price as 3 figures at TRU. And of course no TRU exclusives, I don't think TRU in Norway or UK gets them.

So, I'm getting the Netflix/Marvel Knights line from a online retailer, and hope the A-Force pack isn't too pricey cause I need She-Hulk, Lady Loki and Sif

BTW, I got my Bootleg BAF Jubilee, and she's pretty solid. Legs a bit gummy and a bit "off", and her wrist pegs are a bit small looking but beyond that I'd recon she's on-par with the legit version.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 07-04-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #215
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
So, I'm getting the Netflix/Marvel Knights line from a online retailer, and hope the A-Force pack isn't too pricey cause I need She-Hulk, Lady Loki and Sif

BTW, I got my Bootleg BAF Jubilee, and she's pretty solid. Legs a bit gummy and a bit "off", and her wrist pegs are a bit small looking but beyond that I'd recon she's on-par with the legit version.
Same! Jen is one of my favorite Marvel characters, so I need that She-Hulk.

I just got most of the Homecoming on Hasbro Toy Shop, so I'm excited to get those in hand. Really looking forward to the Hulk BAF and the Marvel Knights wave. But is it just me, or does Ragnarok Loki look kinda wonky?
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #216
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Rag. Loki do look a bit weird, the torso looks off in proportions. I think it's due to the position og the belt and how that skirt piece is set on. He's also super glossy looking, I hope he's more matte in final product.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #217
wvfan
Random Punk

I cant wait to get man thing baf. He has to be my most wanted baf to date.
wvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:59 AM   #218
snake
Disgusting

SDCC reveals look awesome. Between Legends and Black Series, I'm gonna go broke.

I still need Sue. There's one walgreens near me and they don't have aaaannnything.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:02 AM   #219
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Ghost Rider with bike, I'm so glad I hold out on the previous release. I'm a bit miffed that the new X23 don't sport her Wolverine outfit since that's the best costume she's ever had.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:54 AM   #220
snake
Disgusting

Venom-Pool I can probably pass on. He's kind of ugly and reminds me of that Superior Venom figure, which is a downside. They really went with the worst version of Venom-Pool possible, because I would've loved the bulky, hulk-styled red and black Venom-Pool.

The Vintage figures look great. They have those colorful costumes that I've always wanted and I have a feeling they'll be my "go-to" figures for years to come. Standouts include Cap and Iron Man (been waiting YEARS for a classic) Spidey is pretty cool too, but I would've made some changes, like making the spider symbol actually match the one shown on the package's character art. I'm super pumped about classic comic Widow.

The bikes are interesting. I would've done a more 90s/2000s style Ghost Rider but the blue highlights are nice I guess. Widow's bike looks very nicely sculpted and slick. I wish they put cleavage on the Widow figure. There's no excuse for no boobs. Even though I don't really need them, I'll be buying both.

Lizard wave is the typical Spider-Man wave with a BAF that I want and a ton of figures that I don't. Mysterio is 10/10, Spider-Punk is cool, I guess, if you're one of the people who wanted Spider-Punk. Gwenpool is cute as f*ck so of course I'll be getting her. I'm disapointed with Lasher, who looks skinny, lazy, and nothing like Lasher. I'll buy him.

Deadpool wave looks neat, although I was expecting a Lady Deadpool. The large purple guns on Domino are seriously pissing me off. Who thought that was a good idea? Obviously the stars of the wave will be Cable and Deadpool. X-23 is nice, I guess. Dethlok looks good! Especially considering the fact that it's Dethlok and I'm not sure anyone was clamoring for him. I'm curious who the BAF will be. No, it's not T-Ray. I highly doubt it's T-Ray.

Medusa and Mr. Fantastic exclusives look great and I'll take both, thank you.
Black Bolt and Namor are pretty nice too! Songbird is certainly a highlight for me- and she's a character that I care nothing about. I'm cautiously excited about Apocolypse. It's gonna be hard to top the toybiz one.

Defenders Box Set and Hydra Trooper Builder packs are going to sit, so I might as well let them. I'll buy them on clearance.