The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-14-2023, 06:28 PM   #461
Allio
Foot Elite

So here is something. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the magical anime series Pretty Cure, and they are actually doing to sequel series to past Cure shows aimed at adults.

Makes sense. Kamen Rider (which Pretty Cure is considered the female version) celebrated its 20th anniversary with an R-rated adult film as well.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:16 PM   #462
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

I've gotten really into Lupin the third and Rose of Versailles recently

I love the 70s look of anime, Lady Oscar is so cool and Lupin's so suave yet goofy
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 05:58 PM   #463
CyberCubed
Overlord

I only watch "normie" anime so I watched Demon Slayer Season 3, Nier Automata and My Hero Academia Season 6.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 01:02 AM   #464
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

You can literally see two cracked eggs the very second he gets punched there. Ouch

I remember my brother and I watching this movie as kids and both of us going “OOOH!”
Old 10-16-2023, 09:25 PM   #465
Allio
Foot Elite

2 episodes in and 100 girlfriends proving to be peak. It is truely the gintama of harem.
Old 11-27-2023, 06:45 PM   #466
Allio
Foot Elite

Just announced. Ultraman is getting another anime. Darkness Heels is a spin-off featuring dark ultras/Ultra types. It was mainly a stage show with a spin off manga l, but seems like they are going in with

Assuming our line up stays the same from the stage show/manga, it would be:

Belial
Camerra
Evil Tiga
Zagi
Jugglus Jugglar

And recently added
Tragear
Evil Trigger

Last edited by Allio; 11-27-2023 at 06:55 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 10:54 AM   #467
Allio
Foot Elite

100 girlfriends had its first hit twist in episode 10. This series is just gintama harem.
Old 12-17-2023, 04:45 AM   #468
Allio
Foot Elite

Looks like we are getting an anime remake of One Piece simply called “The One Piece”
Old 12-17-2023, 08:25 AM   #469
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only way I'd ever watch One Piece is if they do a manga accurate one without filler and without bad pacing. I'm not sitting through another 1000+ ep anime especially since I already watched all of Dragon Ball and Pokemon combined which are long runners.

I hear One Piece is very good but I do not have the patience to start a 1000+ ep show for the first time at my age.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:15 AM   #470
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only way I'd ever watch One Piece is if they do a manga accurate one without filler and without bad pacing. I'm not sitting through another 1000+ ep anime especially since I already watched all of Dragon Ball and Pokemon combined which are long runners.

I hear One Piece is very good but I do not have the patience to start a 1000+ ep show for the first time at my age.
I hear from not just randoms but people/friends I really trust that One Piece is one of the best stories ever told. That sounds really unimaginable but i hear people throw that phrase around a lot.

I just can't do it. not only is the 1000+ episode journey too much of a barrier entry for me but I also find the premise becoming the king of the pirates sounds so dumb, I don't even like pirates and his Mr. Fantastic elastic powers are ridiculous, not to mention I don't like the design of the characters. I get curious because of the high praise it gets from people's opinion I respect but man I can't do it. I just can't.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 09:21 AM   #471
CyberCubed
Overlord

The art style is IMO, a huge turn off. I don't like the way the characters are drawn at all. I remember thinking this when I first heard about it back in the early 2000's. Also hate the way the main girl (Nami) has giant balloon sized breasts and is always in a bikini in the second half of the series.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:26 PM   #472
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

The music is what makes my throat tighten during this beautiful scene.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:57 PM   #473
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I know this movie was filler and is considered to be non-canon, but scenes like this one remind us that Goku is just an ordinary guy like the rest of us and is also a family man.

I liked these comments:

redtsun67
Anyone who's ever gone shopping with a woman knows not to ask if they are done. You are done when you arrive at the register. Even if they say they are done, don't breath that sigh of relief just yet, because chances are they forgot something, or they saw something down an isle, or they see someone they know.
Be strong boys. We can stay on our feet 10 hours a day at work, standing around with a cart is nothing.

icohen1627
Sometimes it's nice to see people who usually deals with world ending tyrants do something we would do.

Cabarkin
"Shopping couldn't be this bad, could it?"
I remember when I asked myself that question the first time. The answer is always no. Because it's worse.

krajicsek13
Me and my dad can confirm that this is how women act when there is a big sale

adamcheklat7387
“Stress reliever”
There’s even a name for it: retail therapy.

darrellzazueta9081
Aye yes watching mud wrestling... bringing fathers and sons together since 1983

HRIgnomious:
People saying how could Goku show Gohan mud wrestling? Knowing how innocent he is it was probably because he thought it was some sort of special martial arts. Also knowing his master, it was probably Roshi that showed it to Goku in the first place.

Seahawkfan1108:
What day does Zamasu shop on?
Black Friday

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 04-02-2024 at 06:18 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 09:36 PM   #474
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

I'm going to post as if I'm towards the first of this topic, because I'm too lazy to want to read all the pages. So here I go:

As far as Anime and Manga goes, I like Anime as far back as 1988 with Akira and Wicked City to as modern as the first few seasons of Pokémon. So I'm more of a late 80s to late 1990s Anime fan. My favorite Anime series is Blue Seed Volumes 1 - 13; and the original English dubbing of Akira on VHS which has a track on the 4k release.

I was introduced to Anime in 2000 when my best friends back then showed me 2 VHS tapes of Akira and Ghost in The Shell. When the moment I saw them first time as cartoons, I thought they were for little kids until I hear swearing and saw gore and nudity and violence. So I decided to give it chance and I grew to like Akira and Ghost In The Shell. From that week for the next year or so, my dad would take me to Hollywood Video rental store and Blockbuster (yeah, that's how far back I'm going here) and go into the Anime section and rent a handful of VHS tapes and if I liked it, I would record it to a blank tape. Some rentals I made a mistake in getting the subtitled version and not the dubbed versions because I thought every movie or show in America was translated into English, but not some of them.

Some other Anime or Manga I like are as follows:

Akira (1988 English version was the best version, not the 2001 English redo)
Ghost in The Shell - My second Anime
Blue Seed
Ninja Scroll
Crying Freeman Volumes 1 - 6
Ninja Scroll TV series
Street Fighter II The Animated Movie
Street Fighter II V
Mortal Kombat
Mad Bull 34
Gunsmith Cats 1 - 3 (takes place here in Chicago)
Ogre Slayer 1 - 4
Wicked City
Black Magic M-16
I like Pokémon seasons before Johto League when more new Pokémon was added
Super Atragon 1 - 2
Resident Evil Degeneration, Damnation, Vendetta, and Death Island
Grappler Baki
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote