The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #81
ChosenOne
Banned

Well, we could be looking at an Out of the Shadows-type situation here. The public is not dumb, and Kara (at the very least) is on their side over at the NYPD... So if there's footage and eye witnesses of the Turtles helping to fight back the alien invasion, their outing could result in them being seen as local heroes. The presence of Slash and Splinter, themselves mutants, fighting against the invaders will likely also help promote that outcome.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mankind generally learns about the existence of mutants and aliens in most past TMNT incarnations, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens here.

I mean there's now a LOT of mutants in IDW, there's no way all of NYC can go without talking animal sightings. It's inevitable at this point and this is where the human anti-mutant crusade usually starts in the series. And Bishop can rally his support among the people and fuel their hate ala Trump.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #83
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm hoping that will be the case. But will they also be outed as hostiles? Hob and his crew are definitely thought of as terrorists, given that they've fought major corporations (Null and Stockgen), blown up buildings and trains and helicopters, fought the government (Bishop), and fought the police (breaking Hun out of prison).

So IF mutants get outed, I don't think it's necessarily gonna be a GOOD thing.
very true. i have a feeling it was only a matter of time before the public became more aware of the existence of Mutants.

i believe that eventually we might see a divide among the Mutant populous.
there will be followers of Hob who believe all Humans should be feared or kept at distance. and others that would rather live in whatever harmony society will allow, like Michelangelo who is usually very open when ever he comes into contact with a Human that he does not know. (Michelangelo Micro-Series and Tmnt:Universe #6)

i'm wondering what Kara Lewis's stance on Mutants is? given that she's had both positive and negative run ins with Mutants.
it'll be interesting to see if they'd even bring back Maureen Lin, given her encounter with Michelangelo when he was trying to help her find her Brother in-law.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #84
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Mankind generally learns about the existence of mutants and aliens in most past TMNT incarnations, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens here.

I mean there's now a LOT of mutants in IDW, there's no way all of NYC can go without talking animal sightings. It's inevitable at this point and this is where the human anti-mutant crusade usually starts in the series. And Bishop can rally his support among the people and fuel their hate ala Trump.
If that does come to pass, I can't wait for someone to point out that he uses a giant mutated snapping turtle as his proxy in combat. Unless Slash has been rescued by then, of course.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:01 AM   #85
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Our American pop culture has been so saturated with the 'friendly monster' trope that we make kid versions of Dracula. E.T., How to Train Your Dragon, heck, even TMNT itself! I'm rather unsure if we should expect people en mass to just react violently to them. I've said for awhile now that the logical move mutants should make is reveal themselves and appeal to public opinion.

EDIT: I suddenly was reminded of the female Triceraton captain in the Nick movie: Half-Shell Heroes: Blast to the Past that was voiced by none other than Kate Mulgrew...aka Captain Janeway from Star Trek Voyager. Which was doubly funny because I'm a fan of sfdebris who makes a running gag of Janeway being crazy and/or murderous.

I only mention is because now I'm reading the female commander in her voice and suddenly wondering if she actually ends up being the more noble of the two star ship commanders after all is said and done

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 11-21-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #86
bushido
Stone Warrior

Tom Waltz on Trial of Krang and Invasion of Triceratons:
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...mnt-interview/
Old 11-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #87
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Boy, Tom Waltz is really playing up teasing a Krang Indigestion, doesn't he? In...more of a metaphorical sense...
Old 11-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #88
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Boy, Tom Waltz is really playing up teasing a Krang Indigestion, doesn't he? In...more of a metaphorical sense...
Of course it's a metaphor, Krang is transforming into what he always was.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #89
CyberCubed
Overlord

Issue 100 is still 2 years away? Man, I thought it was sooner. This is going to be a long wait.

I feel like we won't get any major closure on all the current story plots till then, besides some ending for the Triceratons I suppose.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #90
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think the Triceratons won't be done, even after their invasion is over. Sure, they'll leave and recover from their indignity and losses. But they're going to get bitter.

It doesn't make much sense to have them tossed in just to do their required "invade Earth" storyline and only for them to dash away forever once they've been defeated.

The only closure I can really see is with Kitsune's stuff, however that might be worked out in the next 25 issues. Which, all things considered, is quite a lot of time.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:30 PM   #91
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

What makes you think they're going to be defeated?

I confess I'd be intrigued if they had the Triceratons straight up win, thereby completely flipping the status quo to be unrecognizable, I think there's a likely scenario where the Triceratons get a peaceful land settlement on earth. Again, it depends on just how many aliens we have immigrating here.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #92
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That's actually a very good point...especially with the turtles arriving three months later with New York in shambles - and with the rest of the world knowing what's going on. It is New York, after all. Sure, bipedal dinosaurs in any part of the world would garner attention, but with how important New York is on a global scale, there would be massive problems worldwide.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:55 PM   #93
Powder
So tired of this place

Wow, I love the direction this is taking.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:02 AM   #94
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Sure, even if the Triceratons are defeated in the end, there will there be an enormous mess afterwards, and the turtles wouldn't be of any help in...maybe 98% of that recovery. The city itself might have to be rebuilt from the ground up, not to mention all the costs of civilian displacement, and how the absence of business in New York has screwed over other parts of the world.

The immediate areas around Manhattan would be a mess too. Especially New Jersey.

It won't matter if they're sent back to the Neutrinos with a "better luck last time" and severe embarrassment for Zenter, or if they're given a spot in the Mojave Desert to make their own and potentially terraform and revolutionize human life with their technology...the cleanup job would be decades long.
Unless they go the route of someone trying to dig up the Triceraton technology to speed up recovery like Shredder did in the 2003 version, while building a rocket undercover.

The question would become who, and to what benefit to themselves?

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 11-28-2017 at 12:24 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

The reason I see the Triceratons leaving is I doubt they're going to remain patrolling the Earth or in space in orbit when Bishop, the governments of the world, Splinter, etc. are all there.

You can't have an alien invasion go on and then just stall it without some conclusion.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #96
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
The reason I see the Triceratons leaving is I doubt they're going to remain patrolling the Earth or in space in orbit when Bishop, the governments of the world, Splinter, etc. are all there.

You can't have an alien invasion go on and then just stall it without some conclusion.
And yet, Burnow Island is still sitting out in the ocean, stalled with no conclusion.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #97
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Except for the two going gator hunting while plotting a coup behind their current leader's back, I think the plan on Burnow is to lay low for a good while. At least someone has probably figured out they're being watched and don't want to do anything that might endanger them. So far as they know, they've lost four individuals (not knowing about the fifth loss), and I imagine they might not want to risk losing any more until there have been "replacements" .

But of course that's not even remotely going to happen, we know how things go in this series.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #98
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Au contraire, Earth is covered with 'stalled conflicts' without conclusion.

Korea, The Middle East, Northern Ireland. On the sci fi side, Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series had an alien invasion stall out for decades.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #99
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Au contraire, Earth is covered with 'stalled conflicts' without conclusion.

Korea, The Middle East, Northern Ireland. On the sci fi side, Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series had an alien invasion stall out for decades.
Well "stalled conflicts" that aren't this big and grand in scale
Old 11-28-2017, 01:29 PM   #100
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And yet, Burnow Island is still sitting out in the ocean, stalled with no conclusion.
But the difference is the Utroms aren't invading Earth and are just lying low. Nobody even knows they're there besides Bishop.