The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #161
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
This is true.

Such a fact is that a trans person's brain structure is closer to the gender they identify with then the brain structure associated with the gender they where assigned at birth with. Like trans men have thin subcortical areas like what's typical for cis men.

As well as a very clear male/female human sexual dismorpfism, is the density and size of cells in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis in the brain. Trans women have a very similar size and density that of cis women have, and trans men have similar values that of cis men.
Yes, this is how its done and I love it.

Arguements are presented and then rebutted regardless of which side one is debating for instead of passing off snarky comments and becoming upset about it

Thank you.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #162
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
How lucky you are to live in a world where you already fit in without having to try.
Dunno, dunno. I'm a "cishet privileged 6 foot tall white male" and I wouldn't say I necessarily fit in in this world. I've never been very popular or good with people. I'm not saying my issues are comparable to the issues LGBT people face, though.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #163
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
This is true.

Such a fact is that a trans person's brain structure is closer to the gender they identify with then the brain structure associated with the gender they where assigned at birth with. Like trans men have thin subcortical areas like what's typical for cis men.

As well as a very clear male/female human sexual dismorpfism, is the density and size of cells in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis in the brain. Trans women have a very similar size and density that of cis women have, and trans men have similar values that of cis men.
But none of those goes against what I have been saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Dunno, dunno. I'm a "cishet privileged 6 foot tall white male" and I wouldn't say I necessarily fit in in this world. I've never been very popular or good with people. I'm not saying my issues are comparable to the issues LGBT people face, though.
In the eyes of "keyboard-progressives" everyone who are not part of any minority, apparently live happy and fulfilled lives, with no problems whatsoever.

I remember discussion, when some user attempted to made an argument that white homeless man living under the bridge, will have it better than black homeless man living under the bridge. And that white man should remember about his "privilege".

It's stuff like this make me dislike a lot of Internet-lefties.

Quote:
You sound mad.
Why so intimidated?
Sorry, but I am not intimidated by the petty provocators like you, honey.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #164
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
In the eyes of "keyboard-progressives" everyone who are not part of any minority, apparently live happy and fulfilled lives, with no problems whatsoever.

I remember discussion, when some user attempted to made an argument that white homeless man living under the bridge, will have it better than black homeless man living under the bridge. And that white man should remember about his "privilege".

It's stuff like this make me dislike a lot of Internet-lefties.
Yeah, some people are just moronic.

The only "privilege" that really exists is wealth/money privilege. If you have a ton of money, it doesn't matter if you're gay, white, black, Indian, a woman, wtv. Most doors will be open to you.

I've seen better.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #165
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The only "privilege" that really exists is wealth/money privilege.
Iím not so sure if itís the only one that exists but it is the one that helps people ignore the others.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #166
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Iím not so sure if itís the only one that exists but it is the one that helps people ignore the others.
Yeah, that is a better point, I agree.

I mean, being good looking also helps for example, especially if you're female.

I've seen better.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #167
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, some people are just moronic.

The only "privilege" that really exists is wealth/money privilege. If you have a ton of money, it doesn't matter if you're gay, white, black, Indian, a woman, wtv. Most doors will be open to you.
Yep. but most people with an axe to grind against what they perceive as 'the enemy' won't listen to that simple logic. 'the man' has held them back so long it's not applicable anymore.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #168
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, that is a better point, I agree.

I mean, being good looking also helps for example, especially if you're female.
Maybe. But beauty is subjective. idk
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #169
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Maybe. But beauty is subjective. idk
Ofc it is, but I'm pretty sure WAY more straight men consider Scarlett Johansson attractive than Rosie O'Donell for example. In some cases, the difference is very obvious.

I've seen better.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #170
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ofc it is, but I'm pretty sure WAY more straight men consider Scarlett Johansson attractive than Rosie O'Donell for example. In some cases, the difference is very obvious.
Canít argue with that. But I donít think ScarJo and Rosie apply for the same roles.
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #171
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Canít argue with that. But I donít think ScarJo and Rosie apply for the same roles.
Well, they're both famous. ScarJo more since she is a Hollywood actress... but there is a reason why Hollywood is full of decent and above average looking people. Ofc a lot of them do surgery to improve their looks, but that only further proves my point. Women who look like Rosie or Whoopi Goldberg will never get the same roles women like ScarJo, Sofia Vergara and Monica Bellucci get. Nor do they make money off their looks.

I've seen better.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #172
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, they're both famous. ScarJo more since she is a Hollywood actress... but there is a reason why Hollywood is full of decent and above average looking people. Ofc a lot of them do surgery to improve their looks, but that only further proves my point. Women who look like Rosie or Whoopi Goldberg will never get the same roles women like ScarJo, Sofia Vergara and Monica Bellucci get. Nor do they make money off their looks.
ScarJo auditions against other very attractive actresses I imagine. So how much could looks work to her privilege? If Rosie and ScarJo tried for the same role than I would see the point. But itís good looking versus good looking. Rosie was an actress and played Betty on Flintstones which could have gone to Winona Ryder or someone else more attractive.
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #173
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
ScarJo auditions against other very attractive actresses I imagine. So how much could looks work to her privilege? If Rosie and ScarJo tried for the same role than I would see the point. But it’s good looking versus good looking. Rosie was an actress and played Betty on Flintstones which could have gone to Winona Ryder or someone else more attractive.
Well, based on the movies I've seen starring ScarJo, she has never came across exactly as a very talented actress to me overall. She's not terrible, but can't say I've been a huge fan the performances I've seen of her so far. There's more talented actors and actresses out there. Not saying it's the only thing, but her looks certainly have helped her career. Plus, she is attractive in a more "exotic" way, dunno. Her facial structure has a je ne sais quoi. The same reason why a lot of guys like that Game of Thrones chick, I suppose.

I've seen better.
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #174
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure.

Many people in society do not like people of different skin-colors and sexual orientations, so naturally they will provide more support for those who are "like them", rather than anyone else. It's rooted in ignorance and adherence to outdated stereotypes. Fear of people who are not like them, which is called tribalism and xenophobia.

Back in the day it helped people to survive, but in globalized world, like our modern one, it becomes a nuisance, since it cuts a lot of people from possible future, just because they are perceived to be "less than standard majority".

There are certainly preferences for men in some professions and women in others, even if those preferences rooted only in stereotypes, as well as preference for white people over others. Of course, I speak only for the Western world and it's not universal, but in general, it is sadly the case, right now.

It is not to say that division by class is less important, but why people who do not belong to white majority, often live worse than white? Maybe, because there are certain biases in the system of how they are treated.
So, it's not a problem of only class or race. It's complex mix of multiple problems.
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #175
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.

Many people in society do not like people of different skin-colors and sexual orientations, so naturally they will provide more support for those who are "like them", rather than anyone else. It's rooted in ignorance and adherence to outdated stereotypes. Fear of people who are not like them, which is called tribalism and xenophobia.

Back in the day it helped people to survive, but in globalized world, like our modern one, it becomes a nuisance, since it cuts a lot of people from possible future, just because they are perceived to be "less than standard majority".

There are certainly preferences for men in some professions and women in others, even if those preferences rooted only in stereotypes, as well as preference for white people over others. Of course, I speak only for the Western world and it's not universal, but in general, it is sadly the case, right now.

It is not to say that division by class is less important, but why people who do not belong to white majority, often live worse than white? Maybe, because there are certain biases in the system of how they are treated.
So, it's not a problem of only class or race. It's complex mix of multiple problems.
Certainly prejudice exists still. I wasn't denying that. I just don't think that things are as black and white as many think they are... no pun intended. I can see where the whole "White privilege" thing is coming from somewhat, but it's a flawed concept. In my country, people of any race have the same rights on paper. Ofc if you're a minority in a place you're more statistically likely to face discrimination sooner or later than a member of the majority is, but that's hardly an exclusive phenomenon of white majority societies. So if there is "white privilege" in Europe and the West then there's also "black privilege" in Africa and "Asian privilege" in Asia, etc.

I've seen better.
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #176
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Ofc if you're a minority in a place you're more statistically likely to face discrimination sooner or later than a member of the majority is, but that's hardly an exclusive phenomenon of white majority societies. So if there is "white privilege" in Europe and the West then there's also "black privilege" in Africa and "Asian privilege" in Asia, etc.
Yeah, I agree with that.

The problem is that most of the "keyboard-progressives" and Left in general, are from the Western world (because, most of the non-Western world has more serious problems than inventing dozens of genders and Left ideology is not so developed in them in general), so naturally they think with Western stereotypes.

It's quite ironic, because, quite often you can hear such thought in Left discourse, that out world in general, is Western-centric (which is true to certain degree) and it is bad and it should be dismantled, however, those very people often approach problems, like Racism and Xenophobia, exclusively from Western positions (White majority vs POC minorities). Which becomes rather awkward when you try to say something about racial problems in non-Western countries and you hear about "White privilege" as an answer.

Twice as funny, if mix it with topic about cultures - at this point poor "keyboard warriors" lose their minds, because, on one hand their ideology tells them that they should support freedom of choice for everyone, even if those choices are questionable, on the other - they do not want to tolerate cultures which are not to their liking, i.e. more often than not, cultures that do not share the same values (and traditions ans styles) as modern Western ones.
So much, for dismantling "Western-centric" world and "freedom of choice".

Last edited by Sumac; Yesterday at 08:41 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #177
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Since you're probably not a scientist either,
You'd be wrong, my friend.
I'm published.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #178
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

Quote:
I'm published.
That is actually pretty great.

I'd love for you to share your knowledge with us.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; Yesterday at 09:09 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #179
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm published.
What issue of TMNT Adventures was that again?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM   #180
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
What issue of TMNT Adventures was that again?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fredwolfleo=tagabuser