The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #81
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Even as a kid I didn't like Batman Forever.....it made me start missing the Burton Batman instead.
Well to be fair the Nolan Trilogy is further away from that style.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #82
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Well to be fair the Nolan Trilogy is further away from that style.
This is true, IDK why but I've always liked a darker Batman even before I read the Dark Knight returns. Something about the Timmverse Batman that started with Batman:TAS got me liking a darker Batman. Not to say I want it all dark, even the Batman:TAS had lighter moments, but do you remember those cameos the Adam West Batman had on Scooby Doo? Even without knowing and/or watching that version of Batman beforehand....I didn't like it at all as a kid. Like at all honestly, but like the FW TMNT I do appreciate what that version of the Batman did for to expand the fanbase and the franchise.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:24 PM   #83
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
This is true, IDK why but I've always liked a darker Batman even before I read the Dark Knight returns. Something about the Timmverse Batman that started with Batman:TAS got me liking a darker Batman. Not to say I want it all dark, even the Batman:TAS had lighter moments, but do you remember those cameos the Adam West Batman had on Scooby Doo? Even without knowing and/or watching that version of Batman beforehand....I didn't like it at all as a kid. Like at all honestly, but like the FW TMNT I do appreciate what that version of the Batman did for to expand the fanbase and the franchise.
Agreed since Batman would be dead without the 60s show which would mean no chance of a dark Batman. Unfortunately, it feels that the writers for later versions of Batman seem to have forgotten what made the TAS version more likable and just make him dark with no layers.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:25 AM   #84
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Speaking of the Dynamic Scooby Affair, neither the late Adam West or Burt Ward voiced them surprisingly! I believe it was the late Casey Kasem (Shaggy's original voice actor) as Robin and Batman I don't recall. Designs were similar as a Batman cartoon at the time was planned before Superfriends came along.

I do wonder if the whole drome could come together to make one TMNT movie. Probably not likely due to differing opinions, but I do wonder it at points.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #85
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I do wonder if the whole drome could come together to make one TMNT movie. Probably not likely due to differing opinions, but I do wonder it at points.
We would all never agree on anything, our opinions of what turtles should be are too diverse. It would be too many cooks making the stew. The closest MOST PEOPLE could agree on would be IDW, but even that has it's detractors in the fanbase.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #86
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
We would all never agree on anything, our opinions of what turtles should be are too diverse. It would be too many cooks making the stew. The closest MOST PEOPLE could agree on would be IDW, but even that has it's detractors in the fanbase.
I didn't think people could detract from the IDW version but I was sadly mistaken I guess...
Old 08-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #87
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I didn't think people could detract from the IDW version but I was sadly mistaken I guess...
I think, conceptually, yeah, it hits all the right notes - Themes of family, legacy, consequence. A willingness to try new things.

Unless you really want to dive into the Philosophical bend to TMNT. I find Mirage to be fascinating in the way it paints a lot of the characters in the grey-moral area. That may be more present in IDW TMNT than I realize, but I haven't really seen it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #88
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I would never say, "Don't read IDW, it's terrible." But beyond the reincarnation stuff... it's literally just taking everything from TMNT ever, and doing this:

Which is fine, but that's certainly not doing anything bold or new with the Turtles or even setting IDW aside as a distinct TMNT universe (I mean, how would you describe IDW to other fans? "The one that has all the stuff from all the others"?). I think just about any TMNT fan could figure out ways to, you know, weave Ray Fillet or Mondo Gecko into the same universe as General Traag and the Neutrinos and Zog... but that's hacky. It just seems like largely a fanfiction of trying to make everyone happy... which is foolish. And with Nickelodeon binding their hands about not letting the Turtles actually kill anyone or actually getting their hands dirty... not even possible.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #89
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I would never say, "Don't read IDW, it's terrible." But beyond the reincarnation stuff... it's literally just taking everything from TMNT ever, and doing this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-i5WIeOTN2u...uldron%2B2.gif

Which is fine, but that's certainly not doing anything bold or new with the Turtles or even setting IDW aside as a distinct TMNT universe (I mean, how would you describe IDW to other fans? "The one that has all the stuff from all the others"?). I think just about any TMNT fan could figure out ways to, you know, weave Ray Fillet or Mondo Gecko into the same universe as General Traag and the Neutrinos and Zog... but that's hacky. It just seems like largely a fanfiction of trying to make everyone happy... which is foolish. And with Nickelodeon binding their hands about not letting the Turtles actually kill anyone or actually getting their hands dirty... not even possible.
wow, your comment really pretty much sums up my problem with the idw version of the turtles...I have tried to get into it, I was reading everything they put out for the first two years or so..until issue 30 I think..then I stopped reading simply because it wasn't giving me anything. to me this turtles comic is closer to the typical marvel or dc superhero book with lots of pseudo drama and boost but for me...naaargh, it just doesn't give me anything.many people feel strongly different than me on this and that is great.but its nothing for me. I even recently bought another tpb of it to try and see if something had changed but I can't get myself to read through this completely..it is so very much a fanfiction type of feeling ,you really said it best, andrew..
Old 08-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #90
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I'll guess take my mixed stew with ingredients from all past recipes, and pass on the gourmet soup. Even if the gourmet soup tastes better, I still can't force myself to enjoy it, even after eating several bowls.

And as I said, this fanbase will never agree on anything, except that we like the turtles themselves. We're all just too stubborn and pig-headed for our own good.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 08-21-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #91
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I'll guess take my mixed stew with ingredients from all past recipes, and pass on the gourmet soup. Even if the gourmet soup tastes better, I still can't force myself to enjoy it, even after eating several bowls.

And as I said, this fanbase will never agree on anything, except that we like the turtles themselves. We're all just too stubborn and pig-headed for our own good.
That describes pretty much any fanbase lol....although TMNT does seem to draw some sharp lines sometimes.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Even as a kid I didn't like Batman Forever.....it made me start missing the Burton Batman instead.
I really disliked Batman Forever as a kid. Still, there was juuust enough Burton influence there (he was a producer on it, after all) that I wasn't quite willing to discard it outright as part of the "trilogy."

And the less said about "Batman & Robin" the better.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:50 AM   #93
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I really disliked Batman Forever as a kid. Still, there was juuust enough Burton influence there (he was a producer on it, after all) that I wasn't quite willing to discard it outright as part of the "trilogy."

And the less said about "Batman & Robin" the better.
Haha, yeah I gave Batman and Robin a miss
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #94
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I try to block out that movie as much as possible....
Old 08-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #95
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I prefer a Batman both in terms of tone and style that is like the 90s animated series. That's why I enjoyed Batman Forever and can't get behind the Nolan trilogy. B & R was too far in one direction, the Nolan films were too far in the other direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Ha, ha! Are you kidding? No one would agree and the most prominent and purist members would complain it be done their way. No, that wouldn't happen until people change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
The most annoying thing about that movie is that we missed out on Batman Triumphant which would have been a great movie. Can only be a dream but I wish they'd still make it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #96
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The most annoying thing about that movie is that we missed out on Batman Triumphant which would have been a great movie. Can only be a dream but I wish they'd still make it.
Now I know you're trolling. Nobody misses that movie, nobody.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #97
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Now I know you're trolling. Nobody misses that movie, nobody.
Wasn't that the pitch where a combined Harley/Joker's Daughter character would bring daddy back to life somehow?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:25 PM   #98
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I prefer a Batman both in terms of tone and style that is like the 90s animated series. That's why I enjoyed Batman Forever and can't get behind the Nolan trilogy. B & R was too far in one direction, the Nolan films were too far in the other direction.

I can understand that honestly.....Batman Forever did do very well and it was what people wanted at the time. I generally think Nolan's Batman is definitely not the best, I do have some hope still for Batfleck.
Also Batman Triumphant??? I've never heard of that one!
Old 08-27-2017, 01:26 AM   #99
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I can understand that honestly.....Batman Forever did do very well and it was what people wanted at the time.
It had a great soundtrack that was better than the movie and 40% of it was OK.

Quote:
It's Batman & Robin Part 2. That's all you need to know.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:32 AM   #100
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I can understand that honestly.....Batman Forever did do very well and it was what people wanted at the time. I generally think Nolan's Batman is definitely not the best, I do have some hope still for Batfleck.
Every time people have mentioned Batman forever on here I get the soundtrack playing in my head, the U2 track.
Do you think Batman forever only did well because the first two movies were successful and this one introduced Robin too, so people went to watch it?
I liked Batman Begins.

Last edited by newfan; 08-27-2017 at 03:20 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cferreira, must be thursday, out_of_pills