The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 02:22 PM   #21
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
What with a new Netflix series officially confirmed and that its not connected to this series.
Wait. What?
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Netflix, or any other online streaming service, is probably what we may expect in the future.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #23
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Wait. What?
What? It popped up on my google page that we'd be getting a live action turtles reboot next, not saying I'd be happy about that. I'd rather the next turtles series return to a 2003 type series, in my opinion that was the darkest turtle series we had and gave us character development for all the turtles too, well some would argue about Mikey I guess meh.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #24
sdp
-

If this gets cancelled we'll be getting a comedic oriented reboot.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:16 AM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
If this gets cancelled we'll be getting a comedic oriented reboot.
Isn't this what Rise is?
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hope they don't. The so-called comedy of cartoons like this today already seems too forced, and if they try to do slapstick like the '87 series it's probably inevitable that it's going to seem too forced, too... The comedy needs to feel natural and organic, without being based on how annoying a character can try to be.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #27
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I hope they don't. The so-called comedy of cartoons like this today already seems too forced, and if they try to do slapstick like the '87 series it's probably inevitable that it's going to seem too forced, too...
How many comedy cartoons do you even watch.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Do you get paid to counter or debate other people's every thought/opinion?
Old 11-28-2019, 11:45 AM   #29
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Do you get paid to counter or debate other people's every thought/opinion?
How is me asking a question considered counter or debate.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:50 PM   #30
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
I hope they don't. The so-called comedy of cartoons like this today already seems too forced, and if they try to do slapstick like the '87 series it's probably inevitable that it's going to seem too forced, too... The comedy needs to feel natural and organic, without being based on how annoying a character can try to be.
He’s Papatroll. He’s trying to fight with you.

As I said in the other thread, if you’re hoping for a specific change, voicing that here is a good idea. We should bd focused on what we want, not what we don’t.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #31
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
He’s Papatroll. He’s trying to fight with you.
For a guy who has been here for less than 6 months you sure are comfortable with giving out labels to people.

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-28-2019 at 09:45 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #32
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Getting back to a weekly show (one that at least keeps its time slot and shows a repeat when it isn't new) would be a nice concept to get back to. One can dream, right?
That would be really, really nice but sadly I don't see it happening anytime soon. The sponge is nick's baby and though I'm giving rise a shot and watching the episodes, I see it as nick's attempt at slapping the sponge all over tmnt in a bit of a lame way. Granted, there r a few decent moments in it but still, blah overall.

Best we can hope for right now is a Batman/tmnt movie sequel.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:04 PM   #33
TommyT
Banned

I'm ignoring Papatrolls nonsense in favor of urging the real fans here, to come together, so we can finally get the responsible, sober and necessary TMNT, based on source, not rejected jokes from blown Ip's.

The man-babies who want to watch cartoons AIMED at kids have had a stranglehold on Turtles for long enough. Let's set things right.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:14 PM   #34
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I'm ignoring Papatrolls nonsense in favor of urging the real fans here, to come together, so we can finally get the responsible, sober and necessary TMNT, based on source, not rejected jokes from blown Ip's.

The man-babies who want to watch cartoons AIMED at kids have had a stranglehold on Turtles for long enough. Let's set things right.
Jester he's doing the close minded man child gate keeping again
Old 11-29-2019, 03:59 PM   #35
sdp
-

When will we know this is cancelled for real? Moved to Nicktoons, toyline being something different, it seems pretty much confirmed and they rarely announce cancellations like these ones, they just don't renew them or mention the new show instead. I'd love to have a final season, at the very least so writers could go even crazier with episodes knowing they're already cancelled.

We'll we get a show based on the OT or even a sequel to it since we're getting a toyline based on the classic toyline? Or could it be a show based on the actual classic toyline and not the OT? That would be a dream of mine. Are we just going to have a toyline without a show? We'll we have to wait until toyfair to get a better idea?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:57 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

May depend on how soon Playmates even wants to put out the old toys. If next year, then I doubt it's associated with a show. For now I'm assuming they may just want to do another rerelease of some oldie remakes like they did for a short period via Toys R Us a while ago. If that seemed to sell well then I'm not surprised they might want to do it again, if that's what they're doing.

Though with the news on the end of the 'Rise' toys and possible rerelease of the old ones, I'm wondering now if that "Retro" Turtles July 2020 Little Golden Book I recently saw listed on Amazon is associated with refocusing in that direction in general. ("Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles star in an all-new Little Golden Book that features the classic art style from the 1980s.") But those books are often inspired by show episodes, so if it's a whole new story... who knows?

edit: Although if Playmates puts out any figures that were canceled back in the day, now that would be cool.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-29-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #37
TommyT
Banned

CBS will have a say in what happens next, for better or worse. Netflix too. Don’t expect anything to be discussed until Spring 2020, maybe even SDCC. They might be waiting for moves from the feature film folks, to take the temperature of fans on that direction, but as I’ve been saying, they are looking actively for what to do next.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #38
miru
Mad Scientist

It's sad this show met the same fate as its predecessor; the Next Mutation. Though, despite Jessica Jacklyn and the good animation, it might be what it deserved. It already seems to have vanished from toy shelves. Let's hope it gets to tell the story it wanted to...
Old 11-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #39
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
It's sad this show met the same fate as its predecessor; the Next Mutation.
no not really good riddance to **** turtle shows
Old 12-02-2019, 04:30 AM   #40
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

I was watching the Toys That Made Us episode on TMNT and there were people getting interviewed saying they think Rise will be the biggest turtles yet. Well those statements didn't age well.

Its unfortunate that Rise hasn't found more success. They probably should have let TMNT rest for a few years before rebooting it again. Now maybe they'll hold off on starting something immediately after Rise ends. It's playing out disturbingly similar to The Next Mutation. Popular series ends after a few years in decline, gets immediately rebooted with drastic changes and doesn't find broad appeal. Rise is CONSIDERABLY better than TNM but that's a lesson they could have learned not only from that but also from Fast Forward coming off (and continuing) the 2003 series. Perhaps the next series will be more like a second coming of the 2003 series. More than likely they'll try to bring it in line with the next film series, if the next film series is successful.

52 half hours isn't a terrible run by any means but I'd hate to see Rise end before it has even been on the air for 2 years.