The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-03-2023, 10:28 AM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Your silence is deafening."

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-03-2023 at 10:53 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 11:15 AM   #82
IMJ
Emperor

When someone refers to something as a "journey". Especially when it's self-aggrandizing over something mundane.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 11:41 AM   #83
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

I hate the word "based" because it just sounds so stupid because that word already had a completely different meaning. Now they want to turn it into an adjective? I also hate the phrase "full send". Dank and fire also sound dumb to me when used to describe something. I also hate when people say "low key" when describing something that is not low key.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 04:22 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
I hate the word "based" because it just sounds so stupid because that word already had a completely different meaning. Now they want to turn it into an adjective?
I just came to this thread to write that very thing. It's suddenly everywhere now!
Old 05-18-2023, 10:35 AM   #85
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
For some reason it bothers me irrationally when people use internet lingo...in real life outside the internet.

Like someone saying, "I made a tweet," or "LOL" (actually saying LOL as if it's a word in real life), or "smiley face emoticon" or "my facebook, tumblr, instagram, twitter, reddit page" it bothers me.

Same thing with people saying, "Did you get my text?" or, "I'll give you a call on your cell."

What's wrong with a good old fashioned pay phone? Or saying you'll beep them and send them a pager?
In HS, some people, including a teacher, would say "LOL" irn real life. I've always found thst very cringey. This was already back in 2007-2008. I haven't heard anyone say that acronym in real life since then. I guess emoji are reaocing acronyms nowadays and you can't speak an emoji.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 06:24 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Work husband" and "work wife." Because usually... yuck! Gross!
Old 03-06-2024, 07:59 PM   #87
ResidentEvil7
Thug

I hate the term "woke" because it no longer means past tense of awake, but instead it means against whites, men and straights and anti-traditional American.

I hate all acronyms because it's just lazy speech and it could mean anything using those initials. For example: "LOL" could mean: Laughing out loud; lots of love; league of legends. People online use them a lot and they expect you, the reader, to know what they really mean.

I hate the phrase "I'm offended" because the things it's weak-ass people screaming and crying the loudest just to get attention or to get people to change what they're saying and doing. Comedy used to be funny, but now it's gotten to the point, real comedy would hurt some of these snowflakes.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:27 PM   #88
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I get annoyed when I hear “Thank you much.” It just feels like somebody is leaving out a word or two for their own convenience, yet fronting a veneer of complimenting someone else. I can’t fully explain it, but I hate it.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:21 AM   #89
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Now people are using the word cap to mean something other than a hat or a lid and I can't stand it.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:45 AM   #90
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

"Am I the only one" is a phrase that is a search for people who agree with them, especially when they know a lot of them do. Who cares? Your opinion is your opinion.

"Yerp" is a term for tryhards.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 02:36 PM   #91
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

I should also add that a lot of people are using the word "unironically" in a way that adds nothing to the sentence.
Old 03-20-2024, 11:42 PM   #92
Stu_Padasso
Thug

“Your answer must be in the form of a question.”

If it’s an answer, then it’s not really a question, is it? Or did I just “answer” your “question? “ Or the other way around?

“All that and a bag of potato chips.”

Drove me “nuts” during the ‘90’s.

“Nuts.”

Rounded or hexagonal? Metric or Empirial? Almonds or peanuts? No, peanuts are legumes.

It’s no wonder why so many Americans have trouble learning a different language, we’re all still trying to figure English out.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote