The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 10-14-2022, 10:52 PM   #21
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This isn't really news, they had already announced that the Rogen-helmed film would have numerous follow-ups exclusive to Netflix, focusing on different villains.
Paramount+.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:06 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
that's a surprise. but when was his last movie? 2016-2022 is a very different setting, obviously. not sure i've even seen anything he's been in.
I'm shocked that "The Interview" came out in 2014. But look at that movie. It's on Netflix. It's hysterical! I beg you to point out the leftist stuff in that, because it isn't there. It's just fun.

I guess more recent "Long Shot," with Charlize Theron. Literally a political movie by nature. But even there I feel like it kept an even keel. It wasn't that great, but I more or less enjoyed it.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:16 AM   #23
neatoman
Emperor

Alright, so did anyone not expect this movie to essentially be the pilot for the next cartoon? Because I suspected as much from the start. I don't know for absolute certain if Hercules, Aladdin, Ghostbusters, Evolution, Osmosis Jones, Boss Baby, Teen Wolf, Men in Black, Care Bears, The Mask, The Croods, How to Train Your Dragon, Tarzan, American Tail 2, Free Willy, Jumanji and Godzilla 1998 were all meant to have TV cartoon spin-offs from the start... But I do know it didn't take long for them to happen...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
This isn't really news, they had already announced that the Rogen-helmed film would have numerous follow-ups exclusive to Netflix, focusing on different villains.
Not Netflix, Paramount+ actually, Netflix only has Rise of the TMNT.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:01 PM   #25
AquaParade
Banned

I didnt suspect this because they usually dont go this route, it's a lot of eggs in one basket, and there is typically a big discrepancy in the
animation budget for a movie vs a streaming series.

So how will that work?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 01:31 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can't really say I assumed it was intended to start a series, but suspected it might branch off into one depending on how the movie went over. Silly me over here thinking that wouldn't be in the works until after the movie was a proven success and not a bomb. You'd have thought Nick/Viacom would have learned to exercise caution and rein in the overambitiousness.

edit: Though I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Look at their "ideas" the past number of years... Reboot Spongebob with a 3D animated show and a Patrick-based show. Reboot Rugrats in 3D. Loud House? Make Spanish-speaking Loud House and now the soon starting live action Louse House. Being overambitious with Rogen's version of TMNT and planning a bunch of stuff beyond one film this far in advance just makes it look like they're largely out of ideas.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-15-2022 at 01:40 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 01:56 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Reboot Spongebob with a 3D animated show and a Patrick-based show.
The what now????

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 03:48 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

"Kamp Koral" (I think mostly for Paramount+ but occasionally shows up on cable) and "The Patrick Star Show" that started last year. Okay technically those are more accurately spin-offs, not reboots, but still what I was getting at.

If they can do multiple shows, etc that run at the same time for some properties they own, why is a TMNT series for an older target audience on another Viacom-owned channel so difficult.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-15-2022 at 03:55 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 08:28 PM   #29
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

old news.........
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:33 PM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
old news.........
I really haven't kept up with Spongebob except but I do know the show's been going forever and they seem to have countless movies.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 11:58 AM   #31
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

So is this even true? Also, I thought the new movie was supposed to be a continuation of the 89 series. Am I wrong?
Old 10-16-2022, 12:58 PM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Also, I thought the new movie was supposed to be a continuation of the 89 series. Am I wrong?
The Fred Wolf cartoon? No, it isn't a continuation of that cartoon, or at the very least it's doubtful because the leaked concept art included a depiction of Splinter as a non-mutated rat approaching the turtles in the ooze.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 03:09 PM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I don't think anyone ever brought this up about the CGI movie, But the movie will cast teenage actors for the roles, and not adult actors, So I guess they will go with some unknown teen actors for the voices.
http://www.nickalive.net/2022/10/new...VcjVcqpkQ_DG1I
Quote:
No casting has been announced for Mutant Mayhem at this time, but Rogen previously revealed in June 2021 that the four turtles will be voiced by teenagers instead of adult actors.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:17 PM   #34
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Iam preparing my new Hun Rocksteady and Bebop now to fight and kill the turtles. And i also train my new foot ninjas. Until then my army will be ready to kill the turtles! Also all the previous series had a movie after the end but now this will be the begining? I will kill the turtles anywau!
Old 10-18-2022, 02:39 PM   #35
Leo656
The Franchise

Try Lithium. For the love of God.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:51 PM   #36
Galactus
Foot Elite

To be honest this doesn't seem like such a bad idea commercially speaking. Most cgi animated movies don't make huge amounts of money but since this is essentially a pilot for a Saturday morning cartoon series the idea is that even if it doesn't do big numbers at the box office hopefully most of the kids that watch it will tune in to the show and buy the toys and merchandise.

This is somewhat reminiscent of the Star Wars: Clone Wars animated movie which was basically just an ad for the TV series. It's still the lowest Star Wars movie in terms of box office but it persuaded the audience it did have to watch the show.

Best case scenario is that if it does okay then it may renew interest in a live action movie series in the same way as the Imagi movie doing okay numbers convinced studios that had no interest in doing another live action movie that there may be some juice left to squeeze out of live action turtles movie. If I'm being realistic though I think it will just create more confusion with the general audience of what TMNT is or should be; an animated franchise for little kids or a legitimate comic franchise aimed the same broad audience the consume Marvel and DC movies. There is still a lot of a taint on the brand left over from Out of the Shadows and I have little hope they have learned anything from it's failure.

Quote:
Nickledeon confirmed that the animated Paramount+ movies focusing on the villains have nothing to do with the theatrical movie.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:37 PM   #37
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Best case scenario is that if it does okay then it may renew interest in a live action movie series in the same way as the Imagi movie doing okay numbers convinced studios that had no interest in doing another live action movie that there may be some juice left to squeeze out of live action turtles movie.
So basically, let's do an animated movie to see if there's interest for a live action one. That doesn't make any sense.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:47 AM   #38
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
So basically, let's do an animated movie to see if there's interest for a live action one. That doesn't make any sense.
That's not what I said. I don't think they are deliberately testing the waters but I'm saying that if it is successful it could reignite Paramount's interest in doing a live action series. This is exactly what happened in '07 when previously no studio had any interest in a live action series but when the Imagi movie did ok some studios suddenly felt maybe there was enough interest in the brand to invest in a live action movie.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:22 AM   #39
AquaParade
Banned

Someone from Paramount recently said, in a press-statement, that they still have an interest in live-action tmnt movies, down the line.

I believe it was when they announced the paramount plus movies centered around tmnt villains.

It was unprovoked, so it does seem to be on their mind.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Nick just tested the waters with the video games and then announced a AAA game shortly after.

They could be testing waters here too.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 10:27 AM   #40
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Nickledeon confirmed that the animated Paramount+ movies focusing on the villains have nothing to do with the theatrical movie.
Can you provide a source for that? I read otherwise.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote