The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

The TMNT Mirage Continuity Timeline (complete?)

The Mirage Comics continuity timeline has MOVED!

As mentioned a bit back, the timeline became so massive that it actually exceeded the character limit for this post. As such, I moved it to my site, TMNT Entity, and gave it a facelift. It is now purdier than ever!

So far as discussion goes, I'd prefer it if we kept it to this thread and not the comments section of my site. I say this not because I don't want your feedback there, but because discussion of this sort of thing is a LOT easier via a forum than via blog comments. It would just be easier for everyone, this way.

And last but not least, a BIG THANKS to EVERYONE in this thread who has helped with this project. Three years and counting and it just gets bigger and better. I appreciate all the help and feedback you guys have been giving me and look forward to more in the future. Fresh observations regarding placement seem to be made all the time, so who knows how long it will be before this timeline is "perfect".

But rest assured, it get a little closer every day.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 01-04-2010 at 08:48 PM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

*scrubbed by user for notes being out of date*

Last edited by DrSpengler; 01-04-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Ratchet
Foot Soldier

Good job Doc! I'm going to have to see how I've got mine ordered in comparison now!
Ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Goodness gracious man...I am very impressed...your logic in placement seems very nice to me...theres a few things Id like to check on but overall great job...
Old 04-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Please, double check. There's so much material that I'm bound to have mixed up somewhere along the line.

Also, I don't own the second printing of the Michealangelo (microseries) #1 which contained a short Christmas story or the Tales Vol. 1 TPB which contained an additional Nobody short story, so I wasn't able to place those in the continuity.

If anybody DOES own them, please, help me figure out where they belong.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
Aztec General
Mad Scientist

That's pretty damn good. I'll re-read it just to make sure you didnt miss anything but, pretty damn good none the less.

*Edit*: Found one: What about the two part Casey Jones solo arc?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
The Shelf
Mad Scientist

Great job, dude. Didn't someone post an age time line for the turtles as well somewhere on these boards? It would be really cool if the two of you could combine these to give us the ultimate all-encompassing turtles time-line. Or maybe you're the one who posted that and just decided to split them up?

Either way, excellent work.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #8
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec General View Post
That's pretty damn good. I'll re-read it just to make sure you didnt miss anything but, pretty damn good none the less.

*Edit*: Found one: What about the two part Casey Jones solo arc?
Oh, it's in there. Check "Post Return to New York, Pre City at War". That story, "North By Down East", was actually taken from "Plastron Cafe" because that series got cancelled before they could finish publishing it.

Also, how old were the TMNT in the very first issue? I'm sure I read it somewhere but I can't remember.

I need to know so that I can more accurately place "Fifteen Years Later" (since the TMNT are 15 years old in that story).
Old 09-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #9
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
CONTINUITY NOTES LAST UPDATED: 6/13/07*The Image migrane. As we all know, the Image series is the *real* TMNT Vol. 3 and is most certainly not a part of the Mirage continuity. However, when it first started...it was. As a result, you've got an issue of TMNT Vol. 2 where Raph references their first crossover with the Savage Dragon, and even has a little editor's note telling the reader to check out the Savage Dragon crossover. This is completely irreconcilable and just another continuity flub you have to "ignore".HERE.
Ah, I'm not saying it has to be that your wrong, but does it have ot be either or?

Isn't it possible the turtles Savage dragon appearances and crossovers are Cannon, but the rest of the image stuff (V. 3) isn't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #10
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Added the two stories from Tales #38.

I put them before Young Leo's segments from Loops, but they could just as easily take place before. I felt they should go before Vol. 1 #9, though, because the TMNT are much less mature in these stories than in #9.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #11
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Why isn't this sticky-ed yet? Just curious
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Stickied! AT LAST! I thought this day would never come.

Updated with Tales #39. I *think* that's where it oughta go, but if anybody has a more precise location, speak up!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #13
Spitfire
Writer • Director

What does "Fun With Guns" look like? I've seen the Raph one shot on Ebay and one with him and Casey and their on a rooftop with guns I figured it was a variant cover but I could be wrong.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #14
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
What does "Fun With Guns" look like? I've seen the Raph one shot on Ebay and one with him and Casey and their on a rooftop with guns I figured it was a variant cover but I could be wrong.
It's the second printing which comes with the additional "Fun with Guns" back-up story. Just about the only thing of note to happen in that story is Casey expressing his talent for graffiti artwork.

Otherwise, the story's pretty bad and reeks of Kevin Eastman's occassional "I wish I was Frank Miller" syndrome.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 04-14-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 PM   #15
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Yeah that's the one I've seen, cool stuff. It's only a buck in most auctions maybe I'll nab it. I like the cover.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:52 AM   #16
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:

It's the second printing which comes with the additional "Fun with Guns" back-up story. Just about the only thing of note to happen in that story is Casey expressing his talent for graffiti artwork.

Otherwise, the story's pretty bad and reeks of Kevin Eastman's occassional "I wish I was Frank Miller" syndrome.
Wow really cause I just recently got this reprint and really enjoyed the short story allot.
I've never actully looked at millers work before but reguardless I thought the art was very nice and is something I miss allot in the world of tmnt.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #17
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Wow really cause I just recently got this reprint and really enjoyed the short story allot.
I've never actully looked at millers work before but reguardless I thought the art was very nice and is something I miss allot in the world of tmnt.
I just have a problem with the TMNT using guns, even Raph. Eastman, as much as I love him, sometimes had a tendency to lay on the grit really REALLY thick to the point where it just came off as a bad Frank Miller parody (yeah yeah yeah, TMNT were born as a Frank Miller parody, but you know what I mean).

Bodycount was one of the worst TMNT stories I've ever read.

I guess "Fun With Guns" wasn't that bad, I just think firearms should be left to the villains and not put in the hands of the Turtles.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #18
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Bodycount was one of the worst TMNT stories I've ever read.
You must not read Tales Volume 2 much then, those Cowboy Of Moo Mesa crossovers are horrid. Rock Of Ages is crap to. And Volume 4 is one long story arc of non-stop suck.

I also found the very early "Turtles In Space" story arc to be rather boring. But that could be because I didn't like the episodes that much either.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Should include Dan Berger's Digital Webbing tale (which almost certainly takes place between Vol. 1 #1 and #10). Also Muscle & Faith.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:06 AM   #20
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Managed to find a copy of Fist of Justice #24 so I could check the Digital Webbing story for myself (cost me $7 bucks, too!).

It's hard to tell what sewer era this takes place in. Could be between Vol. 1 #1-2 or it could be Post Return to New York. It likely isn't "Vol. 3" since the Foot aren't supposed to be their enemies anymore (though as Tales Vol. 2 has proven they HAVE had some encounters with rogue Foot Soldiers).

It's a toss-up, but I'd put it in the Post Return to New York era. It can go either way, though.

Also, BEAUTIFUL story. Some of the best computer coloring I've ever seen.

As for Muscle & Faith, I *still* haven't gotten around to reading it. Gonna do that soon, though.

Tags
comics, timeline, tmnt entity