The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

I could say TCRI, but #46 unexpectedly beat me to the punch. I hope the company features for a long time in this series and becomes sort of its Wolfram & Hart. Can't wait to find out what secrets are housed in that building.

As for what else I'd like to see... Leatherhead and Bishop like everyone's been saying, as well as Usagi (Santolouco's unofficial rendition we saw a while back was absolutely amazing, speaking as a pet rabbit owner) and more Triceratons, Utroms and Renet.

I believe the first few arcs after #50 will be lighter in tone and possibly start shining a spotlight on Mikey. In that regard, a return to the Battle Nexus would be awesome, it's the perfect place for cameos and lots of visual humor like in Turtles in Time #1. Not everything needs to be doom and gloom and cracked shells all the time, so I'm glad The Year of Michelangelo is coming up. Mikey and the Mutanimals, anyone?

Oh, and a team-up mini, please! Nobody & Alopex, Koya & Bludgeon, Don & Leatherhead, Leo & Usagi, and much more!

Also cool would be a world tour arc like in the Archie series, the IDW team would absolutely knock that out of the park!

Anything I could say would be a rehash of what other posters have said before in this thread, and I agree with every single one of them even if I don't include their points in my post. This world is going to blow wide open post-50#, and I feel it'll be a beautiful thing.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:24 PM   #22
Powder
So tired of this place

Use spoiler tags, homie.

The book came out one damn day ago, many of us haven't read it. So thanks a lot for ruining it. I hope you have heartburn or something later.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Use spoiler tags, homie.

The book came out one damn day ago, many of us haven't read it. So thanks a lot for ruining it. I hope you have heartburn or something later.
Alright, I'll bite. If by "spoilers" you mean mentioning that TCRI makes an appearance and it's a building (by the way, Karai makes an appearance and she's a ninja! Shocker, I know!) that could be nothing more than a glorified easter egg since everything else I said about it is just my imagination running wild... Then yeah, sorry for the "spoilers" and thanks for the heartburn thing. I already do whenever I eat too many carbs so I should be just fine.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:43 PM   #24
2K3
Foot Soldier

I'd love for the following characters to appear:

Miyamoto Usagi
Leatherhead + Wingnut
Dragon Face and Ruffington (Basically more iconic Purple Dragon members)
Triceraton Republic (Featuring Prime Leader Zandramon, Cmdr Mozar and Traximus)
Maligna
Agent Bishop and Earth Protection Force

Plot points that I hope happen:

Karai becomes leader of the Foot Clan
Hun separates the Dragons from the Foot Clan and become their own crime syndicate (just like in the 2K3 series)
Bludgeon shows signs of becoming Armaggon (Come on, everyone's thinking it I'm just saying it)
Krang's imprisonment has dire consequences to everyone in Dimension X, by having races such as the Malignoids and the Triceratons fight for control.
Have plot points concerning other gangs (such as Antonio's and the Ghost Boys)
More Pantheon members introduced, and have members such as Dragon Lord, Pai-Doth Noor and/ or Radical
Pepperoni returns and becomes IDW's version of Klunk/ Ice Cream Kitty
Old Hob returns to his more villainous roots and brakes from the Mutanimals (leaving Slash to lead)
Finally, have the characters from Mikey's micro return; officer Kara, and the Dresden Heist gang (heck, even have the leader become IDW's version of "The King of Thieves")

Last edited by 2K3; 05-28-2015 at 05:00 PM.
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:55 AM   #25
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Continued...

- I like the serious tone of this book and want it to remain that way. With that being said, I DON'T want the turtles to meet previous versions of their selves. I find that stupid and gimmicky and I don't feel like it's a good fit for this series. I don't want this book to jump the shark and go too far out in left field with stuff like that. It worked well for Archie, but not here.

- HOWEVER, I DO think an ongoing Mutanimals book would work well if it were to adopt a bit more of the "crazy." The way I envision it is basically making the Mutanimals globetrotters using Harold's portal tech to send them to different areas of the world. All of the mutants in the world can't be just in NYC, so by sending them to different areas we could get a taste of what other mutants are out there. It would be a good way to have run-ins with the likes of Dreadmon and Jagwar. We could eventually even see them start visiting other planets and dimensions. I think by adding a bit more wacky/fun to that book you could have a really solid run that sells well.

- I need an evil turtle. I thought Slash was going to be it, but honestly I was disappointed with his hulking design and his turn to good. I really enjoyed the look and feel of Dark Leo and was kind of sad when that arc ended. I just need an evil turtle who is similar in size and look to our current heroes and one who can match or even surpass them in skill.

More to come later...
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #26
Powder
So tired of this place

I don't think this series is serious to the point that it is above cross-continuity crossovers. They met the ghostbusters, there are neutrinos, it has it's share of silliness.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #27
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I like the main series to stay fairly grounded, but I enjoy the crazier antics of the micros like Mutanimals and the GB crossover. I could get behind a giant cross-dimensional turtle issue.

That being said, I'd really enjoy more exploration of the interactions of mutants vs. the rest of the world. I kept thinking that Hob beefing up his 'mutant army' was going to lead to a kind of mutant civil war. I know the turtles are ninja and fight in the shadows unseen, but they expose themselves when they need too. It'd be cool to see how they'd deal with police if they couldn't get away. Would they get arrested or shipped off to a lab? Would there be a social movement to create equality for mutants? (Which it looks like kinda happens at the end of Turtles in Time, uhh, to a degree...).
I may just be being a pol-sci/law nerd here, but I think the legal rights of mutants being explored would be cool. It was always one of my favorite aspects of X-Men. (But probably too boring to make a story that would appeal to all ages here. At least not how I imagine it.)
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #28
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

I think that's exactly what we'll end up getting with Splinter and Hob. Maybe not so much court cases, since a judge would issue a summary ruling that they don't have "personhood" to have standing to file a suit, and I couldn't see Splinter wanting to appear in court anyway. As for the police, considering how much they love shooting dogs, I'm sure most officers in the NYPD would want to be the first to empty their Glock 26 into a mutant animal for bragging rights. Actually, that could make an interesting plot line too.
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #29
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

New art style, I am getting tired of this pre-teen look the turtles have. I almost could not read #46 because of the art. The turtles looked horrendous to me.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #30
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
I think that's exactly what we'll end up getting with Splinter and Hob. Maybe not so much court cases, since a judge would issue a summary ruling that they don't have "personhood" to have standing to file a suit, and I couldn't see Splinter wanting to appear in court anyway. As for the police, considering how much they love shooting dogs, I'm sure most officers in the NYPD would want to be the first to empty their Glock 26 into a mutant animal for bragging rights. Actually, that could make an interesting plot line too.
I could totally see Donnie NEVERMIND SLASH reading up on civil rights, throwing on a suit and challenging that notion, especially with his enlightened new opinion on what is a soul. because he wants to be a real hero and make a difference!
...And then make a lawyer Donnie SLASH action figure.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:19 PM   #31
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

Slash wouldn't fit through the metal detector of any court in NYC, in addition to not having a legal name or any official records. Also, from Miles v. City Council of Augusta, Georgia: "This Court will not hear a claim that Blackie's right to free speech has been infringed. First, although Blackie arguably possesses a very unusual ability, he cannot be considered a "person" and is therefore not protected by the Bill of Rights."
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #32
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't think this series is serious to the point that it is above cross-continuity crossovers. They met the ghostbusters, there are neutrinos, it has it's share of silliness.
I don't see how The Ghostbusters or Neutrinos were silly.
It's not like it was Cudley or the Intergalactic Wrestling Federation.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:30 PM   #33
Powder
So tired of this place

I guess you have a less strict idea of what silly means, then.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #34
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Cudley was in Mirage too. Probably the exact same Cudley even.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:06 PM   #35
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I guess you have a less strict idea of what silly means, then.
I'm just trying to figure out why you thought it was silly. Unless you consider inter-dimensional travel silly?

The Ghostbusters seemed like the same old Ghostbusters we're used to. It was a little heavy on the quips, but there was no Stay-Puft or Sam Hain, just the small Slimer cameo so it wasn't thick with the nostalgia pandering.

And I've always hated Neutrinos, but other than their obviously stupid-looking fashion choices, these just seemed like militant rebels fighting against an oppressive regime.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #36
Powder
So tired of this place

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to use silly in a negative way, silly isn't a bad thing. I just think that The Ghostbusters (who I love immensely!) are an inherently silly concept, & their personalities are quite, well, cartoonish. They're almost like the Fred Wolf TMNT themselves, really. & that's fine, of course, but I think that with their world being on part with the old TMNT's, that makes their crossover silly if only in the sense that it too becomes cartoonish, a bit. Again, that's not a bad thing, but it detracts from the centuries of revenge stuff that grounds the book. Neutrinos just outright look silly. Maybe the don't behave in their once goofy fashion, but they're still quite a site to behold. In a universe full of mushy pink brain baddies, colorful hair sporting pointy eared elfen soldiers, a Manhattan which houses a sentient 90's california stereotype lizardman whose skateboard shoots lasers, hermit crabs with millitary grade weaponry equipped dumpsters for shells, etc, you've gotta accept that it's not THAT serious of a place to be. There's definitely an adult tone to the book, but there are a lot of silly characters & concepts.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:15 PM   #37
TheCollector
Hench Mutant

Speaking of the idea of Dragonlord appearing, am I the only one who thinks this might be him in the Pantheon shot in 46.

Def looks Dragonlike what with all the horns.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #38
Powder
So tired of this place

More spoilers, just what this thread needs!

C'MON, SON. STOP.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #39
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to use silly in a negative way, silly isn't a bad thing. I just think that The Ghostbusters (who I love immensely!) are an inherently silly concept, & their personalities are quite, well, cartoonish. They're almost like the Fred Wolf TMNT themselves, really. & that's fine, of course, but I think that with their world being on part with the old TMNT's, that makes their crossover silly if only in the sense that it too becomes cartoonish, a bit. Again, that's not a bad thing, but it detracts from the centuries of revenge stuff that grounds the book. Neutrinos just outright look silly. Maybe the don't behave in their once goofy fashion, but they're still quite a site to behold. In a universe full of mushy pink brain baddies, colorful hair sporting pointy eared elfen soldiers, a Manhattan which houses a sentient 90's california stereotype lizardman whose skateboard shoots lasers, hermit crabs with millitary grade weaponry equipped dumpsters for shells, etc, you've gotta accept that it's not THAT serious of a place to be. There's definitely an adult tone to the book, but there are a lot of silly characters & concepts.
Yeah, the whole military-grade arsenal deployed at will from an over-turned dumpster that houses a giant, talking crab was quite ridiculous.

I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my point across. Maybe "silly" isn't really the correct term, maybe "wacky?" I just think the turtles book needs to stay for the most part grounded. Whereas I would love to see them loosen the leash on the Mutanimals in an on-going series. It would make for a really fun book.

Hob wants to build an army, so they start monitoring all forms of news media world-wide for reports of strange creatures and investigating the legends contained within cryptozoology. Somehow Harold gets tied into all this and they start using his portal or he's able to develop a wearable form of the portal technology for them and they start hopping from place to place to investigate these creatures and try to recruit them.

It'd be fun. Dreadmon in Jamaica, A bat in Argentina, A kangaroo in Australia, The Jersey Devil, Mothman, A panda in China, A moose in Canada, A bull in Texas, an elephant and a giraffe in Africa, Jagwar somewhere in Central America, a camel and a scorpion in Egypt,most these are obviously hints of previous characters or toys, but you get my drift.

One of their first missions could be going to Louisiana to investigate reports of the Cajun Gator Man, or as the locals call him "TĂȘte de Cuir" (that's "Head of Leather" in French). That would be fun right? You got New Orleans, Bourbon Street, Mardi Gras, the swamps, Cajuns (Herman would flip his sh*t if he saw what they do to crayfish down there).

Eventually they could even get displaced and have to deal with the likes of Maligna and Skul & Bean.

I would buy the hell out of a book like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
Speaking of the idea of Dragonlord appearing, am I the only one who thinks this might be him in the Pantheon shot in 46.

http://i61.tinypic.com/mvgokg.jpg

Def looks Dragonlike what with all the horns.
You might be better off taking that over to the Pantheon thread. I speculated the same thing about an image that was in the Ghostbusters crossover.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
Yeah, the whole military-grade arsenal deployed at will from an over-turned dumpster that houses a giant, talking crab was quite ridiculous.

I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my point across. Maybe "silly" isn't really the correct term, maybe "wacky?" I just think the turtles book needs to stay for the most part grounded. Whereas I would love to see them loosen the leash on the Mutanimals in an on-going series. It would make for a really fun book.

Hob wants to build an army, so they start monitoring all forms of news media world-wide for reports of strange creatures and investigating the legends contained within cryptozoology. Somehow Harold gets tied into all this and they start using his portal or he's able to develop a wearable form of the portal technology for them and they start hopping from place to place to investigate these creatures and try to recruit them.

It'd be fun. Dreadmon in Jamaica, A bat in Argentina, A kangaroo in Australia, The Jersey Devil, Mothman, A panda in China, A moose in Canada, A bull in Texas, an elephant and a giraffe in Africa, Jagwar somewhere in Central America, a camel and a scorpion in Egypt,most these are obviously hints of previous characters or toys, but you get my drift.

One of their first missions could be going to Louisiana to investigate reports of the Cajun Gator Man, or as the locals call him "TĂȘte de Cuir" (that's "Head of Leather" in French). That would be fun right? You got New Orleans, Bourbon Street, Mardi Gras, the swamps, Cajuns (Herman would flip his sh*t if he saw what they do to crayfish down there).

Eventually they could even get displaced and have to deal with the likes of Maligna and Skul & Bean.

I would buy the hell out of a book like that.

You might be better off taking that over to the Pantheon thread. I speculated the same thing about an image that was in the Ghostbusters crossover.
I would also buy the hell out of that book.

But don't you ever call Herman the Hermit Crab "silly" without also agreeing that he is badass!