The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #1841
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Next Classic season to be released on blu-ray is the final season of the original show, here's the teaser, with new footage of Sophie Aldred as Ace

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:10 AM   #1842
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A podcast interview with a supposed 'insider' with news on the upcoming 2019 special and how it's 'last minute', Chibnall is out but will be keeping up appearances publicly until his departure is formerly announced. Jodie apparently filmed her departure episode (Christmas 2020) over the summer

Old 10-13-2019, 02:36 PM   #1843
Musashi
Foot Soldier

That guy's a ********ter. I don't know if he still does all this, but he used to lord it over his own self-created forum where he told everyone he had been Russell T Davies' unofficial continuity consultant - as if Russell the T needed any such thing, when he had principally his own mind to consult and secondarily ****ing google...

I think he actually lives really close to me... Is that furious typing I hear next door...?

My own prediction, with no insider knowledge of any kind, claimed or actual, is that the regular run of 10 episodes will have a 60-minute opener that will be special and season-premier combined, and the separate special is for New Year 2021.

Last edited by Musashi; 10-13-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:17 PM   #1844
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So uh...this was pretty f'ing cool.

That is some dedication to getting as close as possible to the original, and they should keep doing it. The sound affects, the camera work, the constrictive jungle set, the acting style (both good and hammy), the cheap costuming.

Even if they have to replace the Doctor and his companions with close look-a-likes, I'd love to see them keep doing this.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #1845
Musashi
Foot Soldier

It's a delight, isn't it? Really quite authentic.

I can't see them pulling off an episode with either of the first two Doctors in it, though, let alone an entire serial.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #1846
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

David Bradley already does a fantastic enough job standing in for him, so I could see that working.

And since Vanessa Redgrave played Jacqueline Hill, she could easily be Barbara.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:55 AM   #1847
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Musashi, have you ever watched DW2012's Doctor Who fanfilm series? They're currently remaking all of their episodes

Old 10-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #1848
Musashi
Foot Soldier

I've sort of glimpsed them - Found them very impressive, but at the same time never managed to actually sit through them from beginning to end. I mean, until recently there were still existing episodes of the actual show I had yet to watch (The Sensorites, The Gunfighters, and I think they're quite common ones to skip over).

What I really liked, even though it was actually a bit ropey in places as a production, was the Doctor Who 2009 fan series, which had one complete episode and a trailer for a second, with 13 planned in total. Given the existence of the trailer suggested they at least shot the second episode, it was a bit annoying it never got released.

Last edited by Musashi; 10-14-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:08 PM   #1849
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
What I really liked, even though it was actually a bit ropey in places as a production, was the Doctor Who 2009 fan series, which had one complete episode and a trailer for a second, with 13 planned in total. Given the existence of the trailer suggested they at least shot the second episode, it was a bit annoying it never got released.
They wound up releasing the script for the second episode I believe.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #1850
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Revealed today on Gallifrey Base by a source.

The BBC originally intended to end the series on "Day of the Doctor", wanting to do a movie afterwards, but the project fell through and Moffat was invited back to submit ideas for new seasons.

The info came from a lengthier discussion pertaining to the BBC possibly resting the show after the 60th, and relying on "legacy branding" to turn a profit afterwards, one person asked if "standing still" was the viable answer. His response:

Quote:
Was the 1990s standing still? A new range of books exploring drama never thought possible before, a new doctor and movie, video games, radio dramas, home video, books, magazines, CDs, weird spin offs made by people who would end up running the show...

Did the show a lot of good. My impression from what I know is the BBC see that as the best way to keep it alive. I think the show should have been rested at the 50th and that was the plan before the film was clipped and Moffat invited to reinvent the show once more.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:52 PM   #1853
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Nothing happening so far...

Sorry, belated response to the posts above, but having experienced Doctor Who in the '90s in peak fan-mode, I've definitely preferred having the ongoing TV series before 1989 and since 2005.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:54 AM   #1854
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Doctor Who Magazine this week confirms the writers for series 12

Chris Chibnall (four episodes, including opener and finale)
Ed Hime
Pete McTighe
Vinay Patel
Nina Metivier
Maxine Alderton
Charlene James

Teaser (announcement on the 23rd of November, DW's anniversary)

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 11-13-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #1855
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
With the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends well on their way to landing back on our screens, the next series is set to welcome an exciting host of new directors and both new and returning writers.

Three new writers have jumped on board the TARDIS for series 12:

Nina Metivier

Maxine Alderton

Charlene James

Also making their debut in 2020 and joining the fam, are four new directors ready to travel through space and time:

Nida Manzoor

Emma Sullivan

Jamie Magnus Stone

Lee Haven Jones

In addition, three writers return from series 11:

Vinay Patel (Demons of The Punjab)

Ed Hime (It Takes You Away)

Pete McTighe (Kerblam!)

Chris Chibnall says:

"We’re thrilled that Doctor Who continues to attract some of the most the most exciting and dynamic talent working in television. Along with our returning faces, we’re excited to welcome new members to the Doctor Who family. The Doctor Who team is crammed with British television’s brightest writers and directors: we’ve adored working with them, and can’t wait to show you the explosive stuff they’ve created!”

Doctor Who returns in early 2020 when Doctor Who makes an explosive return to screens for another action-packed series of thrilling adventure.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwh...5-b1f9f30a0d2d
Old 11-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #1856
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Read the comic strip in today's Doctor Who Magazine, loved seeing the floating head cameos of River, Sarah Jane, Susan, Barbara, Missy etc...only two male companions represented though, that was Ian and Jamie.

I get the feeling the strip's writer is a Doctor/Graham 'shipper like I am. It isn't a kiss or anything, it's just The Doctor feeling upset and vulnerable over the nature of a creature she's helping and finding comfort in Graham's arms.

I squealed.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:26 AM   #1857
ZariusTwo
Overlord

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...stmas-20917725

Looks like there's no holiday special for either christmas or new year, but the series will start on January 1st, reportedly with a two parter, and will return to Saturday nights.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #1859
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like Chibnall and Jodie will be around for Series 13

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...-13-happening/
Old 11-21-2019, 06:34 PM   #1860
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Stephen Fry and Lenny Henry confirmed to guest star

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...y-stephen-fry/
$hit, I might have to tune back in for Stephen Fry.

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity