The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 04:13 AM   #1
victory_angel
Foot Elite

So what would have happened if the 2k3 and 2k12 incarnations actually met?

We do see the Turtles encountering other incarnations of themselves, namely the OT Turtles, though OT and 2k12 did briefly encounter and had to run from their Mirage counterparts.

Each of the Turtles bonding with their counterpart is inevitable. Personally, I can only two things that are highly likely to take place.

First, is 2k12 Donnie geeking out over 2k3 Donnie's lab, after all, 2k3 Donnie does get a rather tricked out lab with float screens and such. Also, his lab becomes the heart of the lair in later seasons of the 2k3 incarnation. While 2k12 Donnie's lab is just a garage/ machine shop/ Infirmary/ algae biomass production and various other labs or facilities hidden throughout the sewers where he works and stores the various mechanized weapons they use.

So I can see Donnie practically going on about how 2k3 Donnie's lab is just like the lab he had always dreamed about.

The second is 2k3 Raph saying "You guys better not be like those other versions of ourselves."

And 2k12 Raph saying "So you guy's met 'em too?"

or vice vs.

Maybe have both versions of April and Casey meeting too. I can see both sets of April getting along swimmingly. But maybe both versions of Casey think their cool at first and then 2k3 Casey starts feeling that 2k12 Casey needs to grow up and start taking things seriously, while 2k12 Casey wishes his other self wouldn't be so uptight.

I can also see Casey shoving it in 2k12 Donnie's face about how his 2k3 self is with April. Since the Casey/Donnie rivalry is still there but Casey has largely accepted that April his chosen Donnie even if she hasn't actually come out and said so in series.

Whereas there is a subtitle one-sided crush between 2k3 Donnie towards April early on but that fades out when Casey comes into the picture. So at best 2k3 Donnie just has a platonic/brotherly relationship with April.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:45 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Maybe some plot where Chrell returns from that icy planetoid, maybe freed by the Kraang, and attempts to reach Dimension X in search for Kraang technology.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 11-17-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Maybe some plot where Chrell returns from that icy planetoid, maybe freed by the Kraang, and attempts to reach Dimension X in search for Kraang technology.
That sounds like a good idea, so the 2k3 Turtles could explain their version of the Shredder was an Utrom.

The 2k12 Turtles only know the Utrom as good versions of the Kraang, so Mikey would nickname that version of the Shredder as "Kraang Shredder"

This event could also be during the Tales of the TMNT so that way the 2k12 Turtles would start to act emotionally at the sight of 2k3 Spinter.

They know this isn't their Splinter but like 2k3 Leo says in "Turtles Forever" after they meet OT Splinter, he says "being here...Seeing you, it feels right." So this is the point the 2k12 Turtles could reveal they are orphans and their Splinter was murdered at the hands of their greatest enemy.

And maybe have both groups weirded out about how 2k3 Splinter is a former pet of Hamato Yoshi while 2k12 Splinter and Hamato Yoshi were one and the same.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

I can imagine 2k3 Splinter getting happy, saddened, and maybe even angry all at the same time at how 2k12 Yoshi didn’t die and his did
Old 11-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Don't forget that the 2003 series also has a counterpart to Karai.

I'm pretty sure that Karai would at first be angry about the fact that the 2012 Karai has abandoned the Shredder and will be freaked out when the latter changes into her snake form to showcase WHY she decided to abandon Shredder and what consequences it held for her.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #6
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
That sounds like a good idea, so the 2k3 Turtles could explain their version of the Shredder was an Utrom.

The 2k12 Turtles only know the Utrom as good versions of the Kraang, so Mikey would nickname that version of the Shredder as "Kraang Shredder"

This event could also be during the Tales of the TMNT so that way the 2k12 Turtles would start to act emotionally at the sight of 2k3 Spinter.

They know this isn't their Splinter but like 2k3 Leo says in "Turtles Forever" after they meet OT Splinter, he says "being here...Seeing you, it feels right." So this is the point the 2k12 Turtles could reveal they are orphans and their Splinter was murdered at the hands of their greatest enemy.

And maybe have both groups weirded out about how 2k3 Splinter is a former pet of Hamato Yoshi while 2k12 Splinter and Hamato Yoshi were one and the same.
I'm sure that the 2k3 Splinter would ask them about their Splinter and they will show him the picture of Yoshi, Tang Shen and Miwa. Revealing just how different that Splinter was to him.

"So my counterpart actually WAS Hamato Yoshi?"
Old 11-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #7
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
I'm sure that the 2k3 Splinter would ask them about their Splinter and they will show him the picture of Yoshi, Tang Shen and Miwa. Revealing just how different that Splinter was to him.

"So my counterpart actually WAS Hamato Yoshi?"
I think they might have 2k3 mention or recall something from his former master, Hamato Yoshi. This would confuse the 2k12 Turtles because they have never met a version of that Splinter that had formally been a normal rat before. Then when prompted one of the 2k12 turtles would say "Well, in our dimension, our Master Splinter and Hamato Yoshi were the same person."

I don't think they would have shown the photo of Hamato Yoshi, though I could see 2k3 Donatello, Leonardo, or both seeing the family photo that is on the shrine now and ask Leonardo if that was their Splinter. Leonardo would confirm this and say that there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't feel that something could have been done or said to prevent their Sensei from being taken from them. The 2k3 turtle that was with them would sincerely say they were sorry for their loss.

Though if 2k3 Donatello is there even if he doesn't have a speaking role in that scene might be slightly affected by this because remember in that nightmare future he was sent to he was told that Splinter was killed while telling his remaining sons to escape. As far as we know what each of them experienced was never discussed because they went to go take down the Shredder almost immediately following the events with Ultimate Draco. And even if they did talk about what they experienced, Donnie still might say what he went through was too horrible to talk about and the others would respectfully let him tell them about it when he was ready.

So maybe 2k12 Mikey or Leo maybe senses something was bothering 2k3 Donnie and 2k3 Raph or Mikey might not notice anything is off and just say he seems normal to them. But 2k3 Leo might cite that there was one event where they were sent to various points across time and space. They don't know where Donnie was sent to or what happened all he would say is that it was too horrible to talk about, and perhaps something in their dimension or their encounter was triggering suppressed memories or fears.

Then maybe 2k12 Casey maybe points out their version of Donnie had briefly been killed off and he *seemed* fine. And that triggers some concerns from some of the other people assembled, particularly the Leo's and the April's.

Last edited by victory_angel; 12-11-2023 at 04:11 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #8
Overlord

There is a fanfiction series on the Fanfiction website that involves Chrell. It was written by Mewtwo Saki.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4733076/MewtwoSaki
Old 11-17-2019, 04:24 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
I can imagine 2k3 Splinter getting happy, saddened, and maybe even angry all at the same time at how 2k12 Yoshi didn’t die and his did
Although, it could be an interesting connection and conversation between them since 2012 Splinter IS Yoshi. 2003 Splinter could be speaking to a version of his Yoshi who is still alive, yet also understands his situation of being a mutant rat and raising the Turtles.

Actually... now I really want to see that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #10
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Although, it could be an interesting connection and conversation between them since 2012 Splinter IS Yoshi. 2003 Splinter could be speaking to a version of his Yoshi who is still alive, yet also understands his situation of being a mutant rat and raising the Turtles.

Actually... now I really want to see that.
If the 2k3 Splinter has the same spiritual connection as his 2012 counterpart has, he could speak with his spirit, much like Leonardo does.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
There is a fanfiction series on the Fanfiction website that involves Chrell. It was written by Mewtwo Saki.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4733076/MewtwoSaki
Thats me

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #12
ABrown
Banned

Well. I think what would have happened is that hell would've frozen over from Nickelodeon actually acknowledging the 4Kids series existence.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 AM   #13
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Well. I think what would have happened is that hell would've frozen over from Nickelodeon actually acknowledging the 4Kids series existence.
They DID acknowledge the 4Kids series existence, as soon as SHE made her first appearance.

Then later THESE guys showed up in the season 2 finale.

And they acknowledged once more when in season three HE showed up.

And a couple of episodes later we were introduced to THEM.

Karai, the Earth Protection Force, Bishop and the Utrom Council were all characters of the 4Kids series, they appeared in no other animated version of the TMNT.

If the bosses of Nickelodeon had such a thing about banning the 4Kids version from existence they would have spoken up and none of them would have appeared in the series.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #14
Overlord

Karai

Karai was not created originally for the 4 Kids series.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
No, but the whole "Shredder's adopted daughter" thing is taken from that show.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #16
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Not going to lie one of the reasons why I'm kinda salty we never got a 2k12/2k3 crossover is that it would've been very interesting to see the two Karai interact. They are similar in a lot of ways but different too, both of them are emotional and take and don't take betrayal lightly but 2k3 was rebellious, snarky and rebelled against Shredder around season 2, 2k3 meanwhile was loyal and more direct but mostly stayed loyal to Shredder even when he pretty much made the world in a apocalyptic nightmare in SAINW.

If the special happened we probably wouldn't see much of the two but I would personally more excited for that than any other character meeting each other.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #17
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
They DID acknowledge the 4Kids series existence, as soon as SHE made her first appearance.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20171027023345

Then later THESE guys showed up in the season 2 finale.
https://tortueman.files.wordpress.co...-epf.jpg?w=848

And they acknowledged once more when in season three HE showed up.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20171012195734

And a couple of episodes later we were introduced to THEM.
https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/epis...51/5467016.jpg

Karai, the Earth Protection Force, Bishop and the Utrom Council were all characters of the 4Kids series, they appeared in no other animated version of the TMNT.

If the bosses of Nickelodeon had such a thing about banning the 4Kids version from existence they would have spoken up and none of them would have appeared in the series.
You also don't want to forget Professor Honeycutt, Savanti Romero, and Renet. They were also created by the Mirage comics, but the 4kids version was the first televised version that used them.

And in Leatherheads debut episode "It Came From the Depths" Donnie mentions the power cell is strong enough to power a city on the moon. In TMNT Fastforward it was revealed in the second episode that Donatello created a city on the moon.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:17 PM   #18
neatoman
Emperor

Then there's weird **** like Zeno.

The original Mirage version of the Triceraton Gladiator story didn't have the turtles befriend one of the Gladiators, that was an idea introduced with Traximus in the 4Kids show. In fact there's a lot of elements the two episodes have in common that simply aren't present in the actual comic, such as said Gladiator trying to restore the honor of the Triceratons and the Turtles actually fighting the Spasmasaur. Not only that but there are bits in the 4Kids episode taken from the comic that are straight up absent in the Nick episode, such the Turtles fighting a group of Gladiators.

It's kind of eerie how many similarities Zeno has to Traximus and how much more the episode has in common with the other cartoon than it does the actual comic. I seriously suspect they worked off it instead and changed the name of the character just to pretend they were original, it really can't be a coincidence.

I get the feeling that they took a lot more inspiration from the show than they wanted to admit to, for some strange reason. I guess some similarities can be dismissed as coincidence, but this and the depiction of Karai sure as hell can't be.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #19
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I know but the 4Kids Karai WAS the very first version of Karai to appear in an animated TMNT series.

Karai in the Mirage comics, a much older and more bitter version of Karai.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #20
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Then there's weird **** like Zeno.

The original Mirage version of the Triceraton Gladiator story didn't have the turtles befriend one of the Gladiators, that was an idea introduced with Traximus in the 4Kids show. In fact there's a lot of elements the two episodes have in common that simply aren't present in the actual comic, such as said Gladiator trying to restore the honor of the Triceratons and the Turtles actually fighting the Spasmasaur. Not only that but there are bits in the 4Kids episode taken from the comic that are straight up absent in the Nick episode, such the Turtles fighting a group of Gladiators.

It's kind of eerie how many similarities Zeno has to Traximus and how much more the episode has in common with the other cartoon than it does the actual comic. I seriously suspect they worked off it instead and changed the name of the character just to pretend they were original, it really can't be a coincidence.

I get the feeling that they took a lot more inspiration from the show than they wanted to admit to, for some strange reason. I guess some similarities can be dismissed as coincidence, but this and the depiction of Karai sure as hell can't be.
This showrunners wanted to have the Triceratons to all have a Z somewhere in their names. In all honesty, they could have taken Manzaram and put him in the same role of Zeno and people would be glad to have an established character even if he was playing the role of another established character.

Manzaram was one of the gladiators from the Mirage comics and he helped the Turtles rescue Donatello when the Triceraton's were attacking Earth in the 2k3 version so it wouldn't be too farfetched to have him in a Traximus like role.

Last edited by victory_angel; 11-18-2019 at 03:17 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote