The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #7741
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

WOW. The lack of self awareness some have... Hope she thought about it later and felt like an ass. What a thing to say to a person.

I can only imagine I might have responded with the fact that hopefully death is a long way off, hence lots of life left so it's hard to say what the rest will be like. >.>

After all, I've always been kind of that solitary, quiet sort too, but that doesn't mean someone like that won't at some point come across and mutually connect with a person they can't live without. No matter what age it happens. So people like that girl really shouldn't assume.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #7742
Katie
The Anti-Girl

Right? Iím a pretty shy and quiet person, but líve found Mr. Right twice. It happens
Old 10-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #7743
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Once again, I'm deciding to remodel my Utrom design into something a lot simpler than what I've got, but I still have to figure out something for them to be really dynamic in posturing.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:08 PM   #7744
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

After all, I've always been kind of that solitary, quiet sort too, but that doesn't mean someone like that won't at some point come across and mutually connect with a person they can't live without. No matter what age it happens. So people like that girl really shouldn't assume.

bingo.

I would just like it to happen before I turn 50. cause at this rate, before I turn 40 doesn't look all that likely. sigh. and seeing FB photos posted of people dating, marriages, and babies turning to 6 year olds in the blink of an eye doesn't help either :/..
Vegita-San is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #7745
Papenbrook
Mad Scientist

You know what really grinds my gears?

Hollywood corruption. I can't stand it.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #7746
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Grinding my gears: pain that just won't go away. So I worked an 11 hr shift Monday with no break, which was pretty grinding in itself, but ever since then I've had a constant ache in my right hip that spikes to sharp twinges when I bend or twist it. It makes working difficult and uncomfortable at best.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #7747
Spike Spiegel
Jiggly and Full of Juice

Career ghosting sucks.

I've lost count of all the jobs I've applied for recently. Is a rejection email too much effort for some HR departments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:11 PM   #7748
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Grinding my gears: pain that just won't go away. So I worked an 11 hr shift Monday with no break, which was pretty grinding in itself, but ever since then I've had a constant ache in my right hip that spikes to sharp twinges when I bend or twist it. It makes working difficult and uncomfortable at best.
With the seasons changing and the massive amount of new product being shipped to my store, I totally empathize with the muscle strains...

With the summer stuff, it was the lower back. Fall... it's scattered momentary pain to the left of the breastbone (little concerning, but assuming it's just a strain - maybe radiating from the back?) and behind a hip once in a while.

Not young enough for this nonsense anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Is a rejection email too much effort for some HR departments?
I hate that many seem to be that way now. I get that they're busy, but as much as companies rightly expect people who interview with them to be professional, they need to give the same courtesy and let a candidate know to move on. Surely said email would be easier and more comfortable for them than the candidate calling and having to be told directly...
Old 10-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #7749
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

Well... this gear-grinder is going to require some context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
As I mentioned before, I am an actor and do a ton of things relating to theatre. Depending on how it all goes, it'll be a major come college.

The current show we're doing is Heathers. For those unaware, it was a cult favorite in the late 1980s (89 I think?) that got turned into an Off-Broadway show in 2014. It's set in high school and touches upon various subject matters from homosexuality, suicide, essentially a dark piece.

Sadly, I didn't make the cast. I know I can dance decently and act very well, but because it's a musical, it doesn't help me. However, though I won't be acting for the first time at the high school, I am doing management. In fact, I'm the stage manager of the whole piece.
As I noted about a month ago, I was supposed to stage manage the show with a few ASMs. The keyword here is just that, "suppose to."

For several reasons, one of my ASMs (who ASMed the last two shows we did) was promoted to Co-SM with me, with the two of us having our own ASMs as a result. What I wanted to do, because there were four of us (three ASMS and I), was divide it up. My Co-SM (he's managing the next show) could handle blocking, my ASM could do music because he's the best singer, the Co-SM's partner could handle music, and I would do tech. The main thing would be that I would have the master copy of everything.

However, that was not to be. My ASM and I are doing music and tech and the other two are handling what I mentioned. Right now, I feel expendable as a manager because most of the cast is disrespecting me, refusing to listen to what I say mostly. The others get more respect because.... honestly, I don't know. Despite my acting experiences, it basically makes me wonder "Why am I here?" if that is the case.

The reason it angers me besides the cast is that I know I can handle the main managerial role. However, because the production is apparently "too big," my Co-SM is doing the next show as a manager (he's a sophomore too), and because of last year with everything I went through until the summer, it makes me feel useless here. A comment made by a cast member of "You're in the show" feels hollow because it doesn't ring too well. Unless something changes, I just don't know what to do.

If I attempt to say something, either the cast will get mad for pulling a power play on them or I lose my position. It infuriates me.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #7750
Papenbrook
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Well... this gear-grinder is going to require some context:

As I noted about a month ago, I was supposed to stage manage the show with a few ASMs. The keyword here is just that, "suppose to."

For several reasons, one of my ASMs (who ASMed the last two shows we did) was promoted to Co-SM with me, with the two of us having our own ASMs as a result. What I wanted to do, because there were four of us (three ASMS and I), was divide it up. My Co-SM (he's managing the next show) could handle blocking, my ASM could do music because he's the best singer, the Co-SM's partner could handle music, and I would do tech. The main thing would be that I would have the master copy of everything.

However, that was not to be. My ASM and I are doing music and tech and the other two are handling what I mentioned. Right now, I feel expendable as a manager because most of the cast is disrespecting me, refusing to listen to what I say mostly. The others get more respect because.... honestly, I don't know. Despite my acting experiences, it basically makes me wonder "Why am I here?" if that is the case.

The reason it angers me besides the cast is that I know I can handle the main managerial role. However, because the production is apparently "too big," my Co-SM is doing the next show as a manager (he's a sophomore too), and because of last year with everything I went through until the summer, it makes me feel useless here. A comment made by a cast member of "You're in the show" feels hollow because it doesn't ring too well. Unless something changes, I just don't know what to do.

If I attempt to say something, either the cast will get mad for pulling a power play on them or I lose my position. It infuriates me.
I'm sorry you're experiencing that, Gold. My condolences are with you.

I wish you the best of luck.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:00 PM   #7751
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
If it's what I think it is, it's sciatica.
There are a bunch of good stretches that'll help.
The easiest of which is to sit down in a chair.
Put the ankle of the affected hip on the opposite knee, and then gently lean forward.

My own gear grind is group projects.
I have to present a paper on Tuesday, and at no point did my partner reach out to me, in spite of having my name since two weeks into the class.

But Plas, I bet you're thinking. Why didn't you reach out to him?
Well...I tried. But at no point did our instructor notice that she had two people named Tim in the class.

And I've spent the better part of the last week trying to wrangle the wrong freakin' Tim.

I'm so angry I could spit.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #7752
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

The air conditioner stopped working again...for the third time I've been in this house. So of course the temperature is going up. But, I opened what windows I could and put out the fans from the first time this happened.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #7753
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grind... long shipping time from Canada and no tracking. Supposedly out of southern Ontario, so it's not THAT far a way, come on.

There is a large book I ordered back on Sept. 11th and still not here. Ridiculous that it can take so long from a country next door. Never ordered anything from Canada before though... Over a month at this point, is this even normal?

10/15 - With gift shopping to consider, it has renewed my annoyance at the fact they took away our employee discount last February.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-15-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #7754
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I got oil burns while cooking, all up my right arm.

The knuckle of my right pinkie finger has a blister. I took two ibuprofins to knock the pain off, but it's worst in my fingers
Old 10-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #7755
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

This is from last night. Ok so this might come off as me being a bit of a b**ch but at this point there really doesn't seem to be any other way to handle the issue.

So yesterday we were outside enjoying the nice weather with the kitties, and our obnoxiously codependant/lonely neighbor came down to talk while I was working on the Samhain decorating. She yammers on about absolutely nothing and gushes over her latest "boyfriend" and her favorite NASCAR driver ad nauseum, and then when we went back inside to take the kitties back in and order pizza for dinner she basically followed us in. This was at 5PM. So we decided to watch Stephen King's It (the 90 TV one) partly in hopes she would leave(the clown scares the **** out of her) and partly because Mr D had a bet with her that she could not sit through it without covering her eyes or freaking out. Turned out the light in the living room while the movie was going; when the pizza arrived she asked if she could have a slice but he told her she had to eat the veggies on it too(she is one of those who won't touch veggies-even corn) but of course she picked them off and said they "fell" off- in a pile. Still stuck to the cheese....

So around midnight we were ready to go to bed and she would not leave. Apparently she didn't want to go back upstairs alone. She wanted to spend the night. So I decided to put on hubby's new Pennywise mask and sat next to her, doing every creepy or "evil" voice impression I could think of to freak her into leaving. Even did the "itsy bitsy spider" on her back (she is terrified of spiders too) and told her I would sit beside her in the dark in the mask all night and not leave her alone. I even said I'd wake her up in the morning with it on so it would be the first thing she saw. We finally had to yell at her to get out. At 2 AM.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #7756
Powder
Endless Screw

Your gear grind sounds like you resent having had to bully a slow person?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #7757
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Just tell her to leave instead of playing ****** games, Jesus.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:34 AM   #7758
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sounds like a good premise for about the first 2/3rds of a short slasher film. The twist is, which neighbor becomes homicidal..? The 'super creepy' homeowner in the clown mask who is slowly driven mad, or the super dense neighbor who appears harmless enough?

Spoiler:
Totally the neighbor who is waiting for the homeowners to give up and go to sleep.

But talk about refusing to take the hint. Does she know and not care, or does she have issues where she just doesn't "get it"? If she knows... Talk about rude, esp on a Sunday night. She needs a stray cat to choose her, or something like that, if she's that lonely.

Grind... Despite the daytime temps still being pretty good and still having some rather warm days here and there (many of the trees have just barely started to notice that it MIGHT be October), tonight is supposed to touch the upper 30s so it looks like I'll be spending a chunk of my day off getting the potted plants indoors somehow. (And here I wanted to heal up the most recent muscle strains from work... Silly me.)

Resenting that our back porch, which used to have one end converted into a greenhouse, is gone. The plants have spent the last two winters in the basement (because of course people had to dismantle the greenhouse portion a full two years before we actually just recently lost the damn porch ), which is not only a pain in the ass to get them down there, but they were not intended on spending another winter there...but due to delays in other plans, looks like they will have to, BUT that corner is such a mess now in a way that I won't even mention, so, hell no, I should not be the one cleaning that up and getting the damn tables put back... UGH. The plants also don't do all that great down there.

I wanted help getting them indoors, but maybe if I at least get them somewhere inside that will encourage my mother to get her ass moving and figure out what she wants to do with them. Else we'll have a 16-month-old that won't want to leave them alone. And god knows if they're all safe for him to mess with anyhow. (Though he's been around them a lot outside - sans cactuses - and so far so good, and he's not putting stuff in his mouth nearly as much now.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-16-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #7759
newfan
Stone Warrior

Yeah I don't think I'd appreciate someone I didn't like much trying to stay the night either
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #7760
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Your gear grind sounds like you resent having had to bully a slow person?
She's not slow she just has absolutely no self awareness OR common sense, and likes to milk people for sympathy. At this point Ive had it with her willful ignorace of even the most basic concepts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Just tell her to leave instead of playing ****** games, Jesus.
We had already told her it was time to go much earlier. That was when she started whining about not wanting to go back upstairs. She was seriously pissing us off with HER games. She does this every time she comes down- stays far too long and then whines about not wanting to be alone.

Because asking nicely obviously does not work, and I just wanted her gone. Past the point of caring if it hurt her so "fragile feelings" that she totally plays on for everyone to feel sorry for her all the time. If it were anyone else they would have left the first time we asked. So I ended up having to resort to scare tactics- and apparently even that doesn't do much good. (Then again I don't normally do crap like that but I was just that fed up with her bs.)

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 10-16-2017 at 09:26 AM.