Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
JoeD80
Thug

Project: Episode Order for OT

*Please Read Guidelines Before Posting in This Thread*

Guidelines:

The goal of this project is to place every single episode in an order that will have as much continuity as possible.

1) I'll keep the list updated at the top of this thread. Each episode will be added to where it appears to make the most sense continuity-wise based on my thoughts and the discussions here.
1A) Don't post your own list; the list will be updated here. Make your relevant comments in the thread and I will update the list here if it makes sense or we come to consensus. Remember, I am open to changing this list even after we have passed the discussion of a particular episode.
1B) Commenting on future episodes is fine as well, I'll try and keep that up to date here as best I can
2) Thoughts about the episode just watched will appear at the end of the thread. Make your comments there as well.
3) The order I am watching from is air-date, even though this places some in obviously incorrect locations. Exception: I am going to separate the Group W episodes from the CBS episodes. So Plan 6, European episodes will come *before* Dimension X Story, etc. in our discussions
4) All comments welcome, including comments disagreeing with the already agreed upon order! We're going to finish this project!
5) If you want to watch the episodes at the same time so you can make comments, I will post the next 3 episodes I am planning to watch.
5A) I'll put a date-stamp on when I plan to post my comments on the next batch. Weekends will generally have no update, but for the most part I'll do 3 episodes per night.
5B) I'm going to try to add extra episodes over the weekend, so on the Monday update you'll see maybe 7 - 10 episodes. I'll make sure to update the "upcoming" list so that you'll know how many episodes to expect on that Monday.

Season 3 done. Sorting through my notes

New expected dates:

X. Season 3 (2/1 Done / Sorting through notes)
X. Season 4 Syndicated (3/18 )
X. European (3/18 )
X. CBS Season 1 (3/28 )
X. CBS Season 2 (3/28 )

Current List:

1. Turtle Tracks
2. Enter the Shredder
3. A Thing About Rats
4. Hot-Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X
5. Shredder & Splintered

1. Return of the Shredder
2. Case of the Killer Pizzas
3. The Incredible Shrinking Turtles
4. It Came from Beneath the Sewers
5. The Mean Machines
6. Curse of the Evil Eye
7. Enter: The Fly
8. New York's Shiniest
9. Splinter No More
10. Invasion of the Punk Frogs
11. Teenagers from Dimension X
12. The Catwoman from Channel Six
13. Return of the Technodrome

1. Beneath These Streets
2. April Fool
3. The Old Switcheroo
4. Attack of the 50-Foot Irma
5. Ninja Sword of Nowhere
6. 20,000 Leaks Under the City
7. Sky Turtles
8. Burne's Blues
9. The Maltese Hamster
10. Enter the Rat King
11. Super Bebop & Mighty Rocksteady
12. Attack of Big Macc
13. Camera Bugged
14. Four Musketurtles
15. Turtles on Trial
16. Turtles at the Earth's Core
17. The Fifth Turtle
18. Cowabunga Shredhead
19. Take Me to Your Leader
20. Beware the Lotus
21. Blast from the Past
22. Casey Jones - Outlaw Hero

- episode placed today
- Expecting more episodes to go before this one
- Plan to rewatch for placement
- New placement by consensus
- episode moved to new spot today

Future List (these will get numbers when they are added to the current list):
(compiled from comments made)

X. April Fool (unexpected lava)
X. Bye Bye Fly (Sewer Tubes invented)
X. Case of the Hot Kimono (Sewer Tubes Used)
X. Pizza by the Shred (Sewer Tubes Used)
X. Once upon a Time Machine (year is mentioned as 1991)
X. Elementary, My Dear Turtle (year is mentioned as 1991)
X. The Dimension X Story (Technodrome gets stuck in lava)
X. The Big Zipp Attack (Zipp eats manhole)
X. Planet of the Turtleoids (Technodrome on Earth)
X. Leonardo Is Missing (Technodrome still in arctic)

Last edited by JoeD80; 06-03-2010 at 07:10 PM.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Great idea! Thanks for organizing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
(Moderators: can we change the title of the other thread to "Question about OT Episode Order" to distinguish it from this thread? Thanks )
No problem, it has been taken care of.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
Great idea! Thanks for organizing this.

No problem, it has been taken care of.
Thank you Krang.

BTW, to the others that posted information on stuff like The Fifth Turtle, The Big Zipp attack, etc. I have all your messages saved with responses for when I get to those episodes, so don't think I've ignored it!

Now on to the current three episodes:

Curse of the Evil Eye: This seems to be placed in the only place it can, at the end of all the eye episodes. So The Incredible Shrinking Turtles & It Came from Beneath the Sewers both involve the first fragment since Baxter misplaces it; The Mean Machines covers the 2nd, and Curse covers the 3rd. Baxter becomes progressively more agitated by Shredder, which leads me to my first real question of these early episodes ---

Case of the Killer Pizzas -- in this episode, Baxter is still fairly obsequious and I've always wondered if this made more sense *before* the episodes involving the Eye. Krang does help Shredder a little bit in this episode though, so maybe he wasn't willing to do that until Shredder went through the adventures with the Eye. The main thought I had is that Shredder wouldn't be as willing to accept Baxter's help after the whole trying to steal the eye for himself thing. So I'd be interested if anyone else had similar thoughts about this episode or if it's just me.

Enter: the Fly -- the end of Baxter and Bebop & Rocksteady return from Dimension X. This one only has one spot to go in since all the episodes without Baxter have Bebop & Rocksteady on Earth.

Check the top list for my updates.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Case of the Killer Pizzas -- in this episode, Baxter is still fairly obsequious and I've always wondered if this made more sense *before* the episodes involving the Eye.
I always thought that was weird too. But, since no one ever questioned it, I overlooked. Best not to start a revolution unless you're certain the government's corrupt, you know

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I always thought that was weird too. But, since no one ever questioned it, I overlooked. Best not to start a revolution unless you're certain the government's corrupt, you know
That's the beauty of this thread; it's time for the revolution! Remember, we are going for as much continuity as possible, so if it makes more sense in that order, we should put it in that way, but also remember, everyone is allowed to make comments on episodes already placed if they don't agree with its position. I want to hear some good arguments from other people rather than just listening to the voices in my head! Meanwhile, I count that as two votes for moving this one so I will.

Now on to the next three episodes:

-Invasion of the Punk Frogs -- Splinter makes an interesting comment in this episode -- that "all indications are that Shredder plans to get the Technodrome back from Dimension X." Yet there hadn't been any indication of this yet. I believe there are some other episodes coming up where Shredder does try to open a portal to Dimension X, so I would think those would go before this episode.

-The Catwoman from Channel Six -- The big bit here is that Irma finally meets the Turtles, so any episodes where she still is wondering about April and the turtles has to go before this episode. It was kind of fun to watch this right after Fly and Frogs -- Shredder tries to train another mutant to go after the turtles in all 3 episodes (Fly, Frogs, Cat)!

-New York's Shiniest -- I noticed in this episode that Irma never does visit the turtles here. This one has a very interesting event -- the Turtles crash the Turtle Van off the bridge -- and then Splinter & April leave the sewers in the Turtle Van! Interestingly in this episode Krang says he's not going to help Shredder any more if he messes this one up. Since he gets a matter transporter from Krang in Catwoman, perhaps this one does go after. Irma doesn't ever show up in the sewers though, although she doesn't make her usual comment here about April always talking about the turtles.

As always, check the top of the thread.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Curse of the Evil Eye: This seems to be placed in the only place it can, at the end of all the eye episodes. So The Incredible Shrinking Turtles & It Came from Beneath the Sewers both involve the first fragment since Baxter misplaces it; The Mean Machines covers the 2nd, and Curse covers the 3rd. Baxter becomes progressively more agitated by Shredder, which leads me to my first real question of these early episodes ---

Case of the Killer Pizzas -- in this episode, Baxter is still fairly obsequious and I've always wondered if this made more sense *before* the episodes involving the Eye. Krang does help Shredder a little bit in this episode though, so maybe he wasn't willing to do that until Shredder went through the adventures with the Eye. The main thought I had is that Shredder wouldn't be as willing to accept Baxter's help after the whole trying to steal the eye for himself thing. So I'd be interested if anyone else had similar thoughts about this episode or if it's just me.
That's a GREAT point about the Shredder/Baxter relationship. You have to think Shredder would have been done with him after the Eye of Sarnath arc. Yet, in Killer Pizzas, he actually gives him a compliment about his good catch saying, "we might make a ninja out of you yet!" I agree, Killer Pizzas probably precedes the Evil Eye. In Japan's TMNT manga adaptations, the Frogs and Killer Pizzas stories happen before the Eye of Sarnath arc. Not that any of that is really relevant to episode order though, especially since the Punk Frog story can't happen till Baxter is gone.

Quote:
-The Catwoman from Channel Six -- The big bit here is that Irma finally meets the Turtles, so any episodes where she still is wondering about April and the turtles has to go before this episode. It was kind of fun to watch this right after Fly and Frogs -- Shredder tries to train another mutant to go after the turtles in all 3 episodes (Fly, Frogs, Cat)!
That's an interesting connection between the "Shredder trains mutant" theme. I think this one goes after New York's Shiniest though. I like to think this one immediately precedes Return of the Technodrome because of Krang's ominous boast about raising the Technodrome. But maybe it's a weak argument on my part to build it on that one point. Good point about Irma's reactions, although she seems fairly comfortable with the Turtles' existence before she even meets them in Catwoman, so maybe she's just more flexible than we give her credit for.

Quote:
-New York's Shiniest -- I noticed in this episode that Irma never does visit the turtles here. This one has a very interesting event -- the Turtles crash the Turtle Van off the bridge -- and then Splinter & April leave the sewers in the Turtle Van! Interestingly in this episode Krang says he's not going to help Shredder any more if he messes this one up. Since he gets a matter transporter from Krang in Catwoman, perhaps this one does go after. Irma doesn't ever show up in the sewers though, although she doesn't make her usual comment here about April always talking about the turtles.
Hmm, you might be right that this one comes after Catwoman on account of Krang's threat. Then again, when has he ever made good on his threats against Shredder?

And, yeah, LoL about the van. That mistake even made it into the UK comics adaptation and (I think) the manga adaptation.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
TMNT 100
Thug

I have the Current List on my computer.

Turtle Tracks
Enter the Shredder
A Thing About Rats
Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X
Shredder & Splintered
Return of the Shredder
The Incredible Shrinking Turtles (1)
It Came From Beneath The Sewers (2)
The Mean Machines (3)
Curse of The Evil Eye (4)
The Case Of The Killer Pizzas
Enter: The Fly
Invasion of the Punk Frogs
Splinter No More
New York's Shiniest
Teenagers From Dimension X
The Catwoman From Channel Six
Return of the Technodrome
Beneath These Streets
April's Fool
Sky Turtles
Cowabunga Shredhead
Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers
The Old Switcheroo
Turtles on Trial
Attack of the 50 Foot Irma
The Maltese Hamster
The Fifth Turtle
Camera Bugged
The Ninja Sword of Nowhere
Green with Jealousy
Take Me to Your Leader
Enter the Rat King
Turtles At the Earth's Core
Burne's Blues
20,000 Leaks Under the City
Beware the Lotus
Leatherhead: Terror of the Swamp
Super Bebop and Mighty Rocksteady
Blast from the Past
Attack of Big MACC
The Turtle Terminator
The Grybyx
Mutagen Monster
Casey Jones: Outlaw Hero
Michaelangelo's Birthday
Turtles, Turtles Everywhere
Return of the Fly
The Making of Metalhead
Four Musketurtles
Usagi Yojimbo
Shredderville
Corporate Raiders from Dimension X
Usagi Come Home
Leatherhead Meets the Rat King
Case of the Hot Kimono
Pizza By the Shred
Bye, Bye, Fly
The Gang's All Here
The Missing Map
The Great Boldini
Mister Ogg Goes to Town
The Big Rip-Off (1)
The Big Break-In (2)
The Big Blow Out (3)
Plan 6 from Outer Space
Tower of Power
Rust Never Sleeps
A Real Snow Job
Venice on the Half Shell
Artless
The Lost Queen of Atlantis
The Irish Jig is Up
Shredder's New Sword
Ring of Fire
Turtles on the Orient Express
April Gets in Dutch
Northern Lights Out
Elementary, My Dear Turtle
Turtles of the Jungle
Michaelangelo Toys Around
Peking Turtle
Shredder's Mom
Four Turtles and a Baby
Turtlemaniac
Planet of the Turtles
Name That Toon
Menace Maestro, Please
The Turtles and the Hare (1)
Once Upon a Time Machine (2)
Rondo in New York
Superhero for a Day
Back to the Egg
Planet of the Turtleoids (1)
Planet of the Turtleoids (2)
The Dimension X Story
Son of Return of the Fly II
The Big Zipp Attack
Farewell, Lotus Blossom
The Big Cufflink Caper!
Rhino-Man
Were-Rats from Channel 6
Bebop and Rocksteady Conquer the Universe
Slash - The Evil Turtle from Dimension X
Rebel Without a Fin
Poor Little Rich Turtle
The Foot Soldiers are Revolting
The Big Bug Blunder
Donatello's Degree
Raphael Meets His Match
Raphael Knocks 'Em Dead
Donatello Makes Time
Leonardo Lightens Up
Funny, They Shrunk Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo Meets Bugman
Leonardo Versus Tempestra
What's Michaelangelo Good For?
Beyond the Donatello Nebula
Unidentified Flying Leonardo
Raphael Drives 'Em Wild
Splinter Vanishes
Donatello's Badd Time
Donatello's Duplicate
My Brother, the Bad Guy
Enter: Mutagen Man
Napoleon Bonafrog: Colossus of the Swamps
Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko
Michaelangelo Meets Bugman Again
Leonardo Cuts Loose
Muckman Messes Up
The Ice Creature Cometh
Zach and the Alien Invaders
Raphael Versus the Volcano
Raphael, Turtle of a Thousand Faces
Pirate Radio
Landlord of the Flies
Leonardo, The Renaissance Turtle
Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Michaelangelo, the Sacred Turtle
Rock Around the Block
Krangenstein Lives!
Super Irma
Adventures in Turtle-Sitting
Sword of Yurikawa
Return of the Turtleoid
Shreeka's Revenge
Too Hot to Handle
Nightmare in the Lair
Phantom of the Sewers
Donatello Trashes Slash
Sleuth on the Loose
Polly Wanna Pizza
Leonardo is Missing
Mr. Nice Guy
Snakes Alive!
Convicts from Dimension X
The Starchild
The Legend of Koji
Night of the Dark Turtle
White Belt, Black Heart
Attack of the Neutrinos
Escape from the Planet of the Turtleloids
Night of the Rogues
Revenge of the Fly
Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter!
Combat Land
Atlantis Awakes
Invasion of the Krangazoids
Shredder Triumphant!
Get Shredder!
Wrath of the Rat King
Cyber-Turtles
State of Shock
Cry H.A.V.O.C.! (1)
H.A.V.O.C. in the Streets (2)
Enter: Krakus (3)
Turtle Trek
The Unknown Ninja
Dregg of the Earth
The Wrath of Medusa
The New Mutation
The Showdown
Split-Second
Carter, the Enforcer
Doomquest
The Return of Dregg
The Beginning of the End
The Power of Three (1)
A Turtle in Time (2)
Turtles to the Second Power (3)
Mobster from Dimension X
The Day the Earth Disappeared
Divide and Conquer
TMNT 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT 100 View Post
I have the Current List on my computer.
Thanks for that, but I believe you have missed the whole point of this project. We know the production order already. There's a reason I didn't just post a list with all the episodes on it. We are shooting for continuity here by paying careful attention to the content of each episode. The list for this project is maintained at the top of the thread by me so please contribute to that discussion rather than supplying your own competing list. Also please note as stated from the guidelines I am starting from air-date order in a list that I have myself (based in part on Gobo's LOC research), so please do not suggest a different viewing order. Discuss the episodes at hand (or any previous episodes). Upcoming episodes for discussion are listed at the top of the thread also. Any discussion is welcome, but posting a lot of lists will just fill up this thread, and the idea is to keep one list at the top, which after all is the main purpose of this thread (so I've added guideline 1A).

(You can check the top, but a reminder that tomorrow's episodes are Splinter No More, Teenagers from Dimension X, and Return of the Technodrome)

Last edited by JoeD80; 05-05-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
In Japan's TMNT manga adaptations, the Frogs and Killer Pizzas stories happen before the Eye of Sarnath arc.
I think that's how TV Tokyo played the episodes as well. I haven't seen the manga. Interesting!

Quote:
I like to think this one immediately precedes Return of the Technodrome because of Krang's ominous boast about raising the Technodrome.
That's a good point, and one I meant to write down in my notes, where Krang says something along the lines of "wait until I bring the Technodrome" or something similar.

Quote:
Good point about Irma's reactions, although she seems fairly comfortable with the Turtles' existence
What I'm referring to with Irma is when she specifically questions their existence to April. This wouldn't happen once she's met them.

Quote:
Then again, when has he ever made good on his threats against Shredder?
You have a point on this one, and I just had a though about the Punk Frogs -- Krang doesn't want to help Shredder until he decides using the mutagen is actually a good idea. So maybe that was after he already said he wouldn't help Shredder anymore. Interesting thoughts.

(Sorry about that if this counted as a double-post; these two messages make more sense separately)
Old 05-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
But maybe it's a weak argument on my part to build it on that one point.
That's the best that can be expected. Continuity is based on milestones and character development, even though character development isn't very consistent in this series.
Quote:
Good point about Irma's reactions, although she seems fairly comfortable with the Turtles' existence before she even meets them in Catwoman, so maybe she's just more flexible than we give her credit for.
That's what he said...
Quote:
Then again, when has he ever made good on his threats against Shredder?
One of the many examples of inconsistent character development in this show...

Last edited by gobo; 05-05-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
Luke795
Hench Mutant

Is the Technodrome located on Earth in Planet of the Turtleoids or in Dimension X?
If it's on Earth then it should be a season 5 episode if it's in Dimension X then it should be a season 4 episode.
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #12
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I think that's how TV Tokyo played the episodes as well. I haven't seen the manga. Interesting!
The Japanese TV order can be found here:
http://freakfreak.net/information/ca...rrelation.html
And yes, Punk Frogs and Killer Pizzas follow immediately after Return of the Shredder and right before the Eye of Sarnath saga. Still, that probably doesn't have any bearing on continuity. It is interesting as to why they made that decision though.

Quote:
What I'm referring to with Irma is when she specifically questions their existence to April. This wouldn't happen once she's met them.
Oops, I must have forgotten about that.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke795 View Post
Is the Technodrome located on Earth in Planet of the Turtleoids or in Dimension X?
If it's on Earth then it should be a season 5 episode if it's in Dimension X then it should be a season 4 episode.
It's on Earth in Planet of the Turtleoids. It looks like a mountain, but I think it's supposed to be the Arctic. And Krang plans to free the Technodrome using a heat ray, so that seems to go with the whole stuck in ice thing.

Quote:
I like to think this one immediately precedes Return of the Technodrome
Well after watching Return of the Technodrome, it actually has a couple of ties to Catwoman from Channel Six, including Irma and Krang, so those are definitely tied together in continuity.

So on to the episodes:

Splinter No More -- this one has Shredder attempting to open the portal to Dimension X without using Krang's help. I think this comes before Frogs for two reasons -- first, because Splinter talks about "all sings pointing to Shredder having the Technodrome return" in the Frogs episode, and also this episode talks about mutagen like we haven't heard it in awhile, and then we see it in Frogs again.

Teenagers from Dimension X -- this one has Shredder attempting to open the portal yet again. Krang does give Shredder some new technology in this one (the mutant brain drain). I think this one comes after Krang decided Shredder's ideas are OK in Frogs.

Return of the Technodrome -- this one is the finale for the season.

So: New York's Shiniest - Krang "if this doesn't work, you'll be stuck with these two forever" -> Splinter No More - attempt to open the portal without Krang's help/mutagen -> Invasion of the Punk Frogs/more mutagen - Krang "I guess you can have good ideas" -> Teenagers from Dimension X - brain drain / portal -> Catwoman - Irma meeting turtles - Krang saying Technodrome will return -> Return of the Technodrome - Irma wants to do everything with the turtles now / Technodrome Returns

I thought of a new guideline: If you have something about an episode we're not even close to yet, go ahead and say it and I'll add a way to track it at the top. Then we'll revisit those comments when we get there. So previous comments on Zipp Attack, Planet of the Turtleoids, etc. will be reflected at this time. (Guideline 1B added)

(Reminder: Check the top for upcoming episodes as well)

So, check the top list for my updates, and please feel free to make any arguments or comments.

Last edited by JoeD80; 05-06-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 AM   #14
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Laster seasons

Quote:
It's on Earth in Planet of the Turtleoids. It looks like a mountain, but I think it's supposed to be the Arctic. And Krang plans to free the Technodrome using a heat ray, so that seems to go with the whole stuck in ice thing.

Well after watching Return of the Technodrome, it actually has a couple of ties to Catwoman from Channel Six, including Irma and Krang, so those are definitely tied together in continuity.

So on to the episodes:

Splinter No More -- this one has Shredder attempting to open the portal to Dimension X without using Krang's help. I think this comes before Frogs for two reasons -- first, because Splinter talks about "all sings pointing to Shredder having the Technodrome return" in the Frogs episode, and also this episode talks about mutagen like we haven't heard it in awhile, and then we see it in Frogs again.

Teenagers from Dimension X -- this one has Shredder attempting to open the portal yet again. Krang does give Shredder some new technology in this one (the mutant brain drain). I think this one comes after Krang decided Shredder's ideas are OK in Frogs.

Return of the Technodrome -- this one is the finale for the season.

So: New York's Shiniest - Krang "if this doesn't work, you'll be stuck with these two forever" -> Splinter No More - attempt to open the portal without Krang's help/mutagen -> Invasion of the Punk Frogs/more mutagen - Krang "I guess you can have good ideas" -> Teenagers from Dimension X - brain drain / portal -> Catwoman - Irma meeting turtles - Krang saying Technodrome will return -> Return of the Technodrome - Irma wants to do everything with the turtles now / Technodrome Returns

I thought of a new guideline: If you have something about an episode we're not even close to yet, go ahead and say it and I'll add a way to track it at the top. Then we'll revisit those comments when we get there. So previous comments on Zipp Attack, Planet of the Turtleoids, etc. will be reflected at this time. (Guideline 1B added)

(Reminder: Check the top for upcoming episodes as well)

So, check the top list for my updates, and please feel free to make any arguments or comments.
In later seasons, there was not so many ties between the episode.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by J 1982 View Post
In later seasons, there was not so many ties between the episode.
In the case where episodes don't really have connections, we'll default to the air-date, because my guess is that the air-date is fairly close. Looking at Gobo's list, you can see that later seasons would have two episodes per tape, which would air at the 9:00 and 9:30 timeslots (or whatever it was; two episodes per Saturday though) Since the company put those two episodes together, it makes sense that at least each pair was intended to air that way.

Now, on to today's episodes:

Beneath These Streets - only one spot this one can go, since it's a followup to Return of the Technodrome.

Sky Turtles - things I noticed here are that Bebop & Rocksteady are sent to Earth's surface first with some foot soldiers and they are excited to go. Shredder later follows them. When the module goes back to the Earth's Core, lava erupts and Raph and Mike burn their feet, but they aren't surprised about the lava. There are a couple of episodes that go before this one.

Turtles on Trial -- this one actually has a few things to help place it -- Krang gets moved from his android body to his bubble walker here. Bebop & Rocksteady complain about constantly having to go up and down in the modules, so I'd say this goes after Sky Turtles where they seem quite pumped to get to the surface. Also, April gives the turtles the gift of the People Masks! These show up in quite a few episodes IIRC, so this might be a good divider between the ones where they don't wear masks and the other episodes. Another key -- the Technodrome's refrigeration units aren't working, and Krang makes sure to steal a chemical that helps make it work. Although his rampage through the streets isn't successful, he does take the chemical back. So any episodes where the Technodrome is hot inside would go before this one.

Take note of the upcoming episodes, because I won't be back until Monday. I should have an update of about 9 episodes then.

Check the top for the updated list!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #16
gobo
Wacky Action

Don't forget that Donatello references "SKY TURTLES" as episode six in another episode (mentioned in your other thread). I'd call that a clue.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #17
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Don't forget that Donatello references "SKY TURTLES" as episode six in another episode (mentioned in your other thread). I'd call that a clue.
Thanks for reminding me. I hadn't put that one up there because I don't remember which episode it was, but I'll add that as "unknown" to the future list and move Sky to Episode #6.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I just figured that was a throw away gag which wasn't really meant to imply intended episode order. Still, it is funny though.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #19
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
I just figured that was a throw away gag which wasn't really meant to imply intended episode order. Still, it is funny though.
Remember, we're going for as much continuity as possible, so including it as #6 makes at least one line of dialogue fit better in to the continuity (even if it is just a joke). But I haven't seen that line of dialogue yet so I'll just keep the "episode #6" reference at the top and change it back to 1-2-3 for now and we'll probably have a clearer picture of these early episodes when I return Monday with my next 9-episode block. I'll search through other clues later to see if there's a good 4-episode block to go between Sky Turtles and Beneath These Streets to fit, but for now I won't let the numbers get ahead of me.

Last edited by JoeD80; 05-07-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #20
themaxonline
Hench Mutant

lol. In relation to the bitten manhole cover from the Zipp Attack, numerous episodes in season 4 also refer to that particular scene so we know they all occur after the Zipp one.

I forget if I already mentioned that when I posted earlier. I saw that the Zipp episode was mentioned in the future list. I think you'll see what I mean when you see it. They will sometimes (re)introduce that they are back to the Turtles section of the episode by showing the outside of the sewers from a number of different exits. One of them is with this particular manhole cover. I guess if it's not chewed up, it came before the Zipps. If it is, it came afterward.
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
timeline