The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #2041
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I would agree overall. Leo was almost there for me. His paint and overall finishing was nicer IMO. He felt like a high end figure, despite the flaws. There was a noticeable dip with Donnie though. His finishing detail and paint felt rushed and unpolished. Mikey just furthered it all by cheapening the product components.

Price-wise, I think they're just tainted now for many and that's the real problem for those reselling them. But yeah, seems the end result of that perspective has kind of landed their "worth" at about what they should've been all along, i.e. $40-50 less on average per figure.

Had I paid $100 each for these to start off with, I'd probably have just kept them, flaws and all.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #2042
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

So since these just failed to impress overall and there seems to be a lot of refunds headed their way ... there's no way I can see them wanting to continue the line at this point.

Wonder if the disappointment of these is what caused such a delay for their Masters of the Universe figures?
Old 09-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #2043
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I agree. I highly doubt we'll see anything else. It's a shame really, because had these really hit the mark up and down, I can only imagine how incredible a Mirage Shredder could've been. As is though based on the track record so far, he'd probably end up plagued with untold amounts of QC issues thanks to such an involved design.

And likely yes on the MOTU issue. I wonder if they'll even put out those large Batman: TAS figs they were planning on doing. I can't see how those could end well after the wonky, inconsistent standards of the TMNT line.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #2044
Chris
Mad Scientist

My shipping notice for Raph came in whilst I was away this week. Really looking forward to completing the set.

I'd still be interested in seeing Mondo continue with the line, but I definitely agree that the price would need to come down and the QC improve in order for that to happen. It's a shame. This could have been THE Turtle line but it went from crazy excitement on announcement to dead on arrival.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #2045
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I guess I'm alone in saying I'm really happy with my figures overall. Are they worth $150? Probably not if you ask most figure collectors when you compare the quality to others in that price range, but to me they were. They hit the mark on a Mirage style figures I had always wanted and finally got to have despite the minor flaws.

Maybe I just lucked out on my particular figures, but the problems mine I'd consider insignificant even if a little irritating, the worst being a big thumb print on my Leonardo's plastron, but I gave it a new ink wash and it's less noticeable now. The change over in materials doesn't bother me, but we'll see 10 years down the line how they hold up I suppose.

Bottom line, there's still no way I'd return them.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #2046
Chris
Mad Scientist

You're definitely not the only one. I love my 3, can't wait for Raph to arrive & hope they do continue the line.

But you said it yourself, they're not worth the price Mondo was charging. If they want to charge a price that's equivalent to Hot Toys then they have to deliver a product to match. As much as I love the figures, they don't reach that level.

The delays have been rough but I think everyone here respected Mondo for taking the time to address the issues people had with Leo and trying to fix them. I think if we'd seen everything fixed and no issues with Don & Mikey then people would be viewing the line very differently right now.

To be fair I had no real issues with Leo & only minor issues with Don (face seem on one head) & Mikey (forearm falling off) but at $150 plus shipping for what is essentially a big action figure (certainly no cistume tailoring like with Hot Toys) they needed to be absolutely perfect to justify the cost and they sadly fell a little short of that.

It's the combined effect of the figures being over priced and having QC issues that have really hurt. If there were no QC issues more people would say they were slightly over priced for what they are but the end product is great so they'd let the price slide. Or if they still had the minor QC issues but were a more reasonable price people may be more forgiving. But both together may potentially kill the line.

I really want Shredder & some Foot Soldiers so I'm crossing my fingers we hear something out of MondoCon. If we hear nothing then I sadly think it's game over.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #2047
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I agree with you there. I would love for them to continue the line, but for the delays that had arisen I was expecting things like the seams and other general quality control to have actually been addressed a bit more than they were.

Even so if they line continued I would certainly be picking them up, but I think a drop in the price point to somewhere in the 100-120 range would be a bit easier to swallow. Dare I even say more like $89.99 to $109.99 seems more on par when you compare them to similar quality figures.

In all honest though the high price point probably wouldn't stop me from buying them. I just love them. The hit the nail right on the head for me personally in the design aspect which was the most important. If anything bugs me the most it is the head seams you mentioned. I luckily didn't have any issues with the arms or legs falling off at all.

Now I just hope my luck stays strong for when Raph comes around so I don't have to stick my foot in my mouth. I can't want to complete the set and Shredder and the Foot would be a welcome addition, but I'm thinking after all these issues we probably won't get that lucky.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #2048
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Complete. Bring on Casey and Shred.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1348.jpg (79.6 KB, 77 views)
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #2049
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Got Raphael today and unfortunately the poorly trimmed plastic flash is still present on him im just gonna take them amd put them away for now. Not even gonna open him

Last edited by go_ninja84; 10-13-2018 at 08:53 AM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #2050
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Got Raphael today and unfortunately the poorly trimmed plastic flash is still present on him im just gonna take them amd put them away for now. Not even gonna open him
I don't know why but I got excited that we have the same countertops

Old 09-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #2051
cloud
Stone Warrior

Can't wait to display all 4 Turtles together and call it a day.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #2052
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
That's so disheartening to read. You wait all this time and invest all this money and don't even want to open the figure.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #2053
imevilduckie
Foot Soldier

I must not be as discerning of a collector as some of y'all. I love all four figures and they're proudly displayed.
imevilduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #2054
Dizmone
Thug

Got mine yesterday. I am happy with my purchase overall. Had to send Donnie back due to him having two right biceps, but Mondo responded quickly and had a return label sent the next day.

Now that I have Raph in person, the shade of green turned out just right. It is definitely not as bright as pictures suggest.
Dizmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #2055
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Any one have a picture of all 4 together with red bandannas?
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #2056
Chris
Mad Scientist

I will when Raph arrives... Hopefully this week!
Old 09-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #2057
Panda Khan
Foot Soldier

Looks like the exclusive subscription print shipped. Got a notification.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #2058
super curry max
Hench Mutant

So still haven't gotten and refund for Leonardo and have contacted them several time. On my mondo order page it shows that my Raph order was canceled but haven't been refunded for it. However Raph arrived at my house yesterday.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #2059
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I got 2 shipment emails last night, presuming 1 each for Raph and the print.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:59 AM   #2060
statik
Foot Soldier

All the brothers are finally reunited thanks to the final turtle Raphael.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PicsArt_09-20-10.42.15.jpg (98.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1639.jpg (100.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg PicsArt_09-20-10.43.33.jpg (98.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg PicsArt_09-20-10.44.30.jpg (93.3 KB, 44 views)
statik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt