The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #1761
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I know the Battle Packs have made it to my area because I have seen both of them, but I'm thinking the Donatello ones get bought as soon as they are put on the shelves because people are building rock armies. They still fetch $40 a set on eBay.
Good to know! I am glad to hear these have been in some stores. It gives me hope haha I too want to build a rock army. It would be nice if these eventually are all over like the Bebop and Rocksteady sets and then go on clearance for $5 to build the army. Thanks, man!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #1762
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu2112 View Post
My local TRUs just reset their Mega dispalys to MegaConstrux with a TV and bins for the blind bags. The display includes TMNT, Halo and one of the girl themes. Not seeing much in terms of new product here either.
I saw the same new display last night. They are stepping up their game to draw attention to their brand...I wonder if that's a good sign or bad?

Not a fan of dumping all the blind bags into those dispenser bins. Good thing I have long arms.

Last edited by DonnieLaForge; 03-23-2017 at 02:06 PM.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #1763
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Good to know! I am glad to hear these have been in some stores. It gives me hope haha I too want to build a rock army. It would be nice if these eventually are all over like the Bebop and Rocksteady sets and then go on clearance for $5 to build the army. Thanks, man!
This is doubtful, toKKa explained to me that vendors over-ordered from Mega Bloks last time which is why you can get most sets dirt cheap now. They are being more cautious this time around, because it is better to only order the stock you actually need (or less) than over-order and wind up having to put it all on clearance. For some reason they must have thought the Leonardo Battle Pack would be more popular so they are producing that in larger quantities, still it seems like that hasn't leaked out in quite the numbers that the Rocksteady and Bebop packs did.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #1764
oldmanwinters
Overlord

One problem I've noticed with Mega Bloks blind bags and even the individual figure boxes is that they seem especially prone to theft. Empty bags, orphaned instruction sheets, and ripped boxes are common sights in the toy aisles where the figures are set up. So it wouldn't surprise me if retailers start dropping them to protect their bottom line or demanded Mega to change their manufacture/distribution process to provide more retailer security. That big Toys R Us display strikes me as less collector/kid friendly but maybe better suited for surveillance.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:57 PM   #1765
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

We just got the Series 4 blind bags here in New England hitting Targets. I snagged a whole case ^_^

My TRU in my area are lacking severely. Seems Target and Walmart always seem to have everything over a month or even more before they do. I don't know what the deal is with that.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:27 AM   #1766
Will not be censored

Are you going to be selling your extra complete sets?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 03-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #1767
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I haven't decided to be honest. I have these little guys at home, at work, and in my car! LOL!

I'll probably give a couple to my niece and sell some of my extras beyond the complete sets.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #1768
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
This is doubtful, toKKa explained to me that vendors over-ordered from Mega Bloks last time which is why you can get most sets dirt cheap now. They are being more cautious this time around, because it is better to only order the stock you actually need (or less) than over-order and wind up having to put it all on clearance. For some reason they must have thought the Leonardo Battle Pack would be more popular so they are producing that in larger quantities, still it seems like that hasn't leaked out in quite the numbers that the Rocksteady and Bebop packs did.
That makes sense, although I constantly see loads of clearance items that were once tough to keep on shelves from various brands and franchises. Seems common for stores like Walmart to over-order. Time will tell I guess but I thought we would see plenty of the new Leo and Donnie battle packs by now.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #1769
satas
Random Punk

Anyone have series 4 codes for Target? They appear to be a different assortment number then the ones i have seen posted for Wal Mart,
satas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #1770
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I've now found an S4 case at 2 different Walmarts, and broken up cases hanging on pegs at 2 different Walgreens stores. All within about 40 miles of each other in the central midwest....truly the middle of nowhere.

At my local Walmart the S4 case was finally put out on the shelf in front of an old, still-full S3 case and underneath an old, nearly empty S1 case.

Here are the code series I've run across, one is incomplete:

A21106MM - Raph
A22106MM - Leo
A24106MM - Don
A25106MM (white print code) - Foot
A26106MM - Mike
A27106MM - Baxter
A28106MM (white print code) - Karai
A29106MM - Tigerclaw

---

A15116MM (white print code) - Raph
A16116MM (white print code) - Leo
A17116MM - Don
A18116MM - Foot
A19116MM (white print code) - Mike
A22116MM - Tigerclaw
A23116MM (white print code) - Baxter

Update - found a case at a Target now too.

Last edited by DonnieLaForge; 04-01-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #1771
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

I have a bad feeling. Like thinks are winding down bigtime for the Nick TMNT Turtles series. And that includes ALL merchandising. Playmates proto'd a zombie Shredder figure and won't be releasing it, no new figures have been announced. Barely anything shown at ToyFair. Nothing that wasn't already in production. It's been SO quiet, and release of the new Mega Construx sets has been sporadic at best outside the 2 sets that have been around for a while. Still waiting for the Shellraiser to hit and a restock of the classics Donnie battlepack anywhere...

Will we actually see anymore sets beyond what's already been announced? Will we even see blind bags series 5 & 6????? What do you all think?
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:30 AM   #1772
Will not be censored

Something's gotta give considering the investment that Nick has in TMNT. Classic stuff stays popular, so I don't know why we haven't seen any future stuff from the Construx line.
Quote:

Old 04-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #1773
orionpaximusprime
Random Punk

Probably old news because I haven't posted here in a while but TRU has some new sets. If news is old, the last link is to the technodrome which is $100 off so that's cool anyway.

Trench Coat Raph: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family

80s baxter Stockman: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family

Street punk to Rocksteady: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family

Dancing Mike: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family
He's not called that but that's what he was doing in the episode when they all had "street" clothes on LET'S BOOGALOO

Freeform Building set: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family

And the Technodrome is $100 off: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...arentPage=fami
orionpaximusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:00 PM   #1774
Coma22
Mouser

Hey guys I have been able to find the Raph Sewer Surf set but not the Leo Sewer Skate set at dollar General. If anyone needs help with the Raph set or can help me with the Leo please let me know
Coma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #1775
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Spotted the whole set of Mutagen Canister Classics at a local Toys R Us yesterday, all priced at $7.99. Picked up Baxter and Undercover Raph.

View my sketch work!
Old 04-12-2017, 12:53 AM   #1776
Ash Talon
Mouser

With the Nick show's end in sight, I can see toy licensees not investing much more in Nick designs. It's a shame we might not get Fugitoid and his ship which would be a cool set. I'm not sure how many more classic items we'll get either. A Turtleblimp seems possible. I'd like to see some color Mirage sets and Foot Ninjas in color and black & white. I wonder how well the Mega Bloks TMNT stuff has been doing overall. I think they just had too many different types of sets in a short span of time, especially all the $10 variants which seem endless. The movie stuff obviously didn't do as well as they thought either. Hopefully, the line doesn't die.
Ash Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #1777
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I spotted a rebranded (as Mega Construx) Classic Collection Party Wagon at TRU over the weekend. I was very surprised to see that Mega had rebranded and was reissuing these.

Moreover the one I found had been bought-and-returned by a customer who swapped out the classic April for the Mega S3 April... that was the only one on the shelf with the newly branded box.

Not sure what we can deduce from this, other than Mega still has a lot of product left they are packaging up and figured they might as well update the box with the new style.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #1778
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I spotted a rebranded (as Mega Construx) Classic Collection Party Wagon at TRU over the weekend. I was very surprised to see that Mega had rebranded and was reissuing these.

Moreover the one I found had been bought-and-returned by a customer who swapped out the classic April for the Mega S3 April... that was the only one on the shelf with the newly branded box.

Not sure what we can deduce from this, other than Mega still has a lot of product left they are packaging up and figured they might as well update the box with the new style.
Now that's strange! Wish you could have snapped a picture!

View my sketch work!
Old 04-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #1779
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Now that's strange! Wish you could have snapped a picture!
Oh but I did!

Old 04-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #1780
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

I must say, while I overall applaud Mega's direction in adapting all of these great licenses, my patience was severely tested at Toys R Us when I went to their aisle and they had a screen and speakers playing their "Build Beyond" commercials endlessly. Extremely annoying to someone who was just moving things around to find deals.