The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 09-03-2022, 08:53 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Konami says, "never say never" about a possible 2k3 games collection

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/...33143479226374

Basically they were asked about a 2k3 game collection in the future, and rather than deny it, the Konami rep said, "Never say never."

There were 7 games Konami made based on the 2k3/4kids cartoon:

1. TMNT Console version (based on Season 1)
2. TMNT: Battle Nexus (based on Season 2)
3. TMNT: Mutant Nightmare (based on Season 3)
4. TMNT Mutant Melee (3D Brawler)
5. TMNT GBA (based on Season 1)
6. TMNT: Battle Nexus GBA (based on Season 2)
7. TMNT: Mutant Nightmare DS (based on Season 3)

The GBA/DS games are completely unique games in 2D sprites different from the console games. So a 7 game collection would be pretty meaty.

Although of course the 3D 2k3 games weren't particular good even when they came out (they were all poorly reviewed by the major game sites in the early 2000's), it would still be neat to have them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 09:04 PM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

I’d actually be more interested in this collection, simply because I’ve played those games much less, if at all. I love the games in the Cowabunga Collection but I don’t have a burning desire to play them yet again.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:06 PM   #3
Sumac
Banned

I'd be interested in PC version of this collection solely for the Mutant Nightmare on PC.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:14 PM   #4
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Just give us and we’ll buy it Konami.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:28 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Right now Konami seems to be only in the "we're collecting and releasing all of our old games and not new ones" mode, so of course
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:19 AM   #6
Turo602
The King of Kings

This is something I wrote off before because the games themselves were quite unremarkable, the franchise was already past its prime, and it's a different version of TMNT that they don't typically pimp, so to get an answer like this is pretty shocking.

I didn't think the games were anything special but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fond memories of them and the possibility of 2k3 even remotely getting any sort of recognition and comeback is something that excites me and would bring much needed diversity to TMNT's image which is currently dominated by the 87 cartoon.

But this past week alone, and probably in large part due to the Cowabunga Collection's release, I've seen a sudden surge of nostalgia for the 2k3 series and its games. Timing couldn't have been better either with the show's 20th anniversary coming up next year. It would be a total shame for the year to go by without any attempt at capitalizing on a generation of TMNT fans who have money to blow on toys, blu-rays, and games 20 years later.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:42 AM   #7
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, I’d love for the 2K3 era to get some love, in general.

I have a hard time enjoying that show sometimes, but there is still a lot to love, and I admire what they were trying to do. I’d be into figures or even an animated continuation, if done right. Anything really would pique my interest.

I think it’d require a lot of vocal fan support on social media and stuff. Nothing Snyder-level, of course, but I don’t think Nick sees all that strong a demand for 2K3 stuff, outside a relatively small clique of fans online.

Last edited by AquaParade; 10-20-2022 at 03:58 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:40 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man, I forgot 2023 will be the 20th anniversary of the show. Still wish we would get proper blu-ray boxsets of the show. At least it's all up for streaming officially now though.
Old 09-07-2022, 03:06 PM   #9
Antoniocafe
Thug

Lightbulb

I've got the PS2 Battle Nexus game. Personally, my favorite video game based off the 4Kids series was the plug-n-play Battle for the City game. I wish I knew what I did with that game. I would even buy it again if I could find it online for a decent price.

Spoiler for image size
Spoiler:
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:24 PM   #10
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Bring it on.

With the exception of Mutant Melee, I used to own all of the games, and had the console versions for GameCube. I've just never finished Mutant Nightmare for the GameCube. I just wonder how Mutant Nightmare for the 3DS would be done for other consoles.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #11
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I never played the games from the 2003 series, Even though they were Konami, They weren't much in high regard compared to the games before.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:44 PM   #12
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
With the exception of Mutant Melee
Trust me - you didn't missed a lot.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 03:11 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I never played the games from the 2003 series, Even though they were Konami, They weren't much in high regard compared to the games before.
The 2D ones aged the best.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:35 AM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Technically the collection would include 2 extra games since the two arcade games are included in 2 and 3. I think if sales of cowabunga are good which they are and they see a cheap way of releasing it they'll do it. They know these games aren't as well thought of but if they can trick some TMNT fans and collectors into buying them to make it profitable we all win. I'd love to see it.

Hell I'd want a Ubisoft TMNT collection to follow as well: TMNT 2007, 2007 PSP version, 2007 GBA version, Smash Up, Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled, Out of the Shadows, Mutants in Manhattan, TMNT 2013, Danger of the Ooze, (I think I'm missing another two games based on the 2012 games but they don't show up on a quick wiki search), Movie 2014 DS game, Arcade Attack DS. I mean Ubisoft was mostly a bunch of missed opportunities with concepts that had a ton of potential. They just never delivered but it'd still be cool to see the concepts that could've made great games that made "Ok to mediocre" games.

2007 was fun in the consoles, GBA was great, they deserve to be played.
Smash Up was alright just the roster was awful a huge missed opportunity but the actual game is pretty decent, a good roster would've made this a "hidden gem.

I never played the 2012 games but I'd love to try them out, they don't seem that bad. I believe there were 4 different ones

Arcade attack I never played but apparently its awful yet I'd like to try it because it's an official beat em up of the TMNT I never played and it looks cool.

Both Out of the Shadows and Mutants in Manhattan I regret not buying, I'm sure they have flaws as reviews stated but they look fun to try.

Turtles in Time Reshelled I remember playing it for a bit and it seemed fun, I loved the new artwork for the cinematics, the graphics were decent for an XBOX Live Arcade game. The physics were flawed but it was neat. The hate comes that it was based off of the Arcade version and not the superior SNES version with more levels/bosses. I never understood why they didn't, it wasn't a port it was a remake, they literally could add anything they wanted

That's at least 10 games, of course it'd be more difficult since they're emulating more powerful consoles and it'd be more expensive.

Last edited by sdp; 09-09-2022 at 11:51 AM.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:54 PM   #15
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

^ The 2013-2016 games were actually done by Activision so they would have to be in a separate collection from the Ubisoft era games.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #16
Vegita-San
Emperor

I want REMASTERS of the games, Ala re-pac-ked.

The first gamecube game sorley needs it. combat is slow and graphics way too dated. don't remember much about the other two, but played that first one alot.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:53 PM   #17
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The Clowns at Xplay give their overview of TMNT gaming history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ccetxb274

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:58 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Are any of those games any good besides maybe the GBA games? I own Battle Nexus 2 for the GameCube and that game is lousy. It's only worth it for being able to play the 1989 Arcade game. Even if it doesn't have the original Ost and voice acting.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 08:31 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

The first and third 2K3 games were quite good. Battle Nexus is easily one of the worst games I've ever played in my life but the other two are at least playable.

First one is a bit dated and some of the levels drag on too long but the game itself isn't too long altogether, so it isn't a big deal. Unless you choose to beat it with all four Turtles to get the hidden Final Boss Fight against Oroku Saki out of his armor (much faster and different attacks than Shredder) and the true ending; obviously that extends the playtime, and each of the Turtles has different attacks and such so there's a little variety there. It's a "weekender", a game you can have fun with in 2-3 hour chunks over a couple of days and put it down not feeling like it wasted your time or pissed you off in any way. Even beating it four times to get the real ending only took me a couple of days. It definitely won't blow anyone away now but I do think someone playing it for the first time would be pleasantly surprised by how a 3D beat-'em-up from 2003 can still hold up. There wasn't a ton of competition in that genre at that moment, anyways. I definitely recommend it but to set expectations to 2003-era levels.

The only thing I dislike, genuinely, is the constant shouting of the Turtles' battle phrases. You will use the special attacks A LOT and they shout their phrase every single time, so for example if you're playing as Mikey and diving into a swarm of enemies, you're basically going to hear: "EAT FEET! EAT FEET! EAT FEET! EAT FEET!" until you want to amputate both his legs at the knee with a chainsaw. But you can always just mute the game and put some music on or something; I forget if the game lets you mess with it to turn the effects on or off or whatever.

Everything else about the first game is "fine".

The third game was definitely the best of the three, by a wide margin, and had a lot of really cool innovations and ideas with the special moves and power-ups and such. My memories are dim, as I only finished it once and it was when it was brand new, but I remember it being a lot of fun and by far the most well done game for that series. The reason I only played it once was because I couldn't find a copy for Gamecube, and so I got it for Xbox but of course my Xbox died shortly after. I think it either had a low production run or just plain sold poorly because of how bad Battle Nexus was, because it's become a bit rare and pricey and most people have never played it, but they'd be glad they did, if they got the chance.

So I definitely recommend playing the first and third games, preferably on Gamecube if possible because it's a much more stable platform than the Xbox (even when my Xbox was working, the third game froze a lot). Problem there being the GC version of Mutant Nightmare is a bit expensive, and most people seem to have lost one of the game's two discs and thus finding it complete is a chore sometimes. I finally snagged a GC copy when I had my stimulus cash, and I paid more than I wanted to but it was worth it just to finally have a copy I can play. Just haven't gotten to it yet, but planning to soon.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 11:06 AM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

The GBA games and DS one are excellent since they're 2D sidescrollers. So a collection would be 3 console games and the 3 handheld ones, and the 2D ones are superior.