The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #61
Cipher
Foot Elite

I finally got a copy. It was a fantastic issue. I love how bittersweet the ending is. "Life at best is bittersweet" is almost like the mantra of the Mirage universe, I suppose.

Also, I got a kick out of the Turtles reaction to Splinter's story. "Yoshi did the right thing. Killing the man in public would have drawn unwanted attention." Aw, that's so twisted.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

This is an issue I randomly missed until now, glad to finally read it. Very good story overall.

Raph sleeping with the teddy bear, Mike pretending to be Splinter while knocking on Raph's door, fun stuff. Then the far-flung future with Raph living on his own, missing the days of his youth. Man, all the Mirage comics have the same theme to them, don't they?

"Life at best, is bittersweet."

It's a theme that runs throughout the entire Mirage universe. It almost brought a tear to my eye, and this is the reason why I still read TMNT comics.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #63
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I missed this one until last week as well, and I have to agree, I really enjoyed it. Nothing epic, just a nice, funny, touching little character story about the family before their world changed (several times). I seemed to noticed a little something different in Lawson's art, particularly in the Turtles' facial expressions, that I really liked. And yeah, the ending was very surprising and intriguing. Made me a bit more interested about the "Future Turtles" and what'll eventually drive them apart.

Really good work all around!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:29 AM   #64
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I grabbed this issue too. It was cool seeing the TMNT doing their normal thing, but man was their training ever extensive. I liked the Mike/Raph jokin around, and the scene where all 4 of them were basically bombarding Splinter with their banter.

I never noticed till reading these posts, but yeah, the TMNT should have looked younger in this one if this was before Issue 1, at least don't give Splinter the mustache that Lawson seems so fond of.

The twist ending was pretty interesting. Raph being so fond of the old days, and yeah, the old dsays, before Shredder, before City at War, before everything else... When they were still so carefree. The line 'We never knew how good we had it' kinda struck a chord as I remember my own carefree childhood before adulthood hit me with responsility and bill-paying. Kinda weird/creepy how Raph keeps an 80's April android around. Guess he needed the company.

I don't think Mikey's dead, he's just... out there somewhere. Before Tales ends, they REALLY need to make some issue post-Volune-4 as to what exactly was the final thing that made the 4 turtles part ways for keeps.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:22 AM   #65
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I don't think Mikey's dead, he's just... out there somewhere. Before Tales ends, they REALLY need to make some issue post-Volune-4 as to what exactly was the final thing that made the 4 turtles part ways for keeps.
While I definitely want to see some more future Turtles stories (at least find out what happens to old Mike), I really wouldn't want to read a story about some event that made them split up. I think it's one of those things that's better left unaddressed. I like to assume they just grow apart, especially once they can go out in the world. That's just life, and it's perfectly in tone with the rest of the series. "Life at best is bittersweet."
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, tales of the tmnt