The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #6941
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
There's a saying:

The one common denominator in all of your failed relationships, is you.
Yeah, for real.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #6942
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
You might not be too far off. I read an article in National Geographic a qhile back that suggested human brain mass is declining. Basically it said that we as a species are losing intelligence as we allow our own technology to do more and more of our thinking for us. And in a few generations we may not even know how any of it works.
If you've got a link for that, I'd love to read it. Just finished a course in medical neurology.
It was once believed that memory loss due to getting older was because of a loss of neuron density, but that was debunked when scientists noticed that younger brains tend to shrink more when examined post-mortem.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #6943
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
You might not be too far off. I read an article in National Geographic a qhile back that suggested human brain mass is declining. Basically it said that we as a species are losing intelligence as we allow our own technology to do more and more of our thinking for us. And in a few generations we may not even know how any of it works.
Human laziness, I assume. The path of least resistance and least effort is easiest. Easier to have something (or someone) else doing much of the thinking for you. But then the mind doesn't get much of a workout.

Look at some of these kids these days who'd rather ask people online for the answers to their homework when they have the entire internet in front of them, and would have been a lot faster to just look it up on their own and be done with it.

I doubt my mind will ever turn to mush, not unless it's old age related. I'm too inclined to put in a lot of thought into things (and probably gets pretty obvious by some of my lengthy posts... lol) and my own reasons for thinking or accepting something. I enjoy a mental workout. A big reason I prefer internet over tv these days, because it's so much more mentally active than just zoning out watching some show. (Honestly, the Turtles are really my only must see on tv these days. Well, when it's on.)

But as for dealing with forums, etc... differing opinions or views don't tend to bother me either. I usually know where I stand, and if someone else doesn't agree... okay. If they just can't stand it...tough. If they waste time being bothered by it, well that's their deal.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #6944
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
It was in the physical magazine more than a year ago, so I don't have a link to it. You could try their archive though.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #6945
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I doubt my mind will ever turn to mush, not unless it's old age related. I'm too inclined to put in a lot of thought into things (and probably gets pretty obvious by some of my lengthy posts... lol) and my own reasons for thinking or accepting something. I enjoy a mental workout. A big reason I prefer internet over tv these days, because it's so much more mentally active than just zoning out watching some show. (Honestly, the Turtles are really my only must see on tv these days. Well, when it's on.)

But as for dealing with forums, etc... differing opinions or views don't tend to bother me either. I usually know where I stand, and if someone else doesn't agree... okay. If they just can't stand it...tough. If they waste time being bothered by it, well that's their deal.

I over think things mostly due to OCD, but i understand .

I am who i am, and my experiences dealing with people make me part of who i am and no one will ever change that. but what i have a hard time dealing with is the switch flipping people have these days...and sometimes the thing that keeps me mentally active is wondering what i say will cause that switch to flip in someone next.

i've seen it happen three times at least in the last two years where someone went from totally normal, to bat crap crazy because of one thing i said about a movie or TV show, and it's down right scary. some are even proud of it..and make a point to parade around that i've had a thread locked, or a post deleted like it's some kind of trophy they wave around.

it really is scary. and one reason why i've cut back on internet usage and engaging with people.

Quote:

Wow... nice to know i'm not too far gone yet to not be totally off on the latest theories .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #6946
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yep, but society is like that in general these days, Vegita. Nobody is allowed to believe in anything or think differently. We all have to conform to everyone and if we don't, then we're just horrible people for not giving in. But that doesn't matter to me. I will always stick to my beliefs and views no matter what others think of me.
this was the first time it was out right CHALLENGED to me though. Seems people are getting worse.

i didn't think that was possible .
Old 05-22-2017, 04:56 PM   #6947
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
some are even proud of it..and make a point to parade around that i've had a thread locked, or a post deleted like it's some kind of trophy they wave around.
Which makes me wonder what that sort has going on. Okay, so you've got OCD that makes you interact with the internet in one way, but what's their issue?

So many wannabe internet warriors these days getting way too much pride from pretending they've vanquished some kind of false "evil forces." *sigh* (And far more than the often demonized 'social justice warriors' - who I think anyone is capable of being when it comes to a matter important to them.)

Mostly I guess humanity is simply terrible as a whole. (Even if many individuals aren't.) But you don't get to the top of the hierarchy among living things on this planet by being a nice species... Heck, even most large predators will usually keep their distance from us as long as they aren't cornered. And here we try to trust and live together with our own kind? lol
Old 05-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #6948
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Smile

That's because at a very basic level humans are hard-wired to be self-serving. We cooerate, but only as far as or when it suits us as individuals. And we are a predatory species by nature. That makes for a very dangerous mix when humans are forced by social structure to interact and PRETEND to be decent even if they aren't. The pack mentality (other apes have it too) requires us to behave as if we cared for the views of others when we really just want to push our own agendas.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #6949
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Sure, the human brain have been shrinking, but that's been going on since the Stone Age.

While there's afaik no definitive answer to why, it's probably not making us dumber. We're very domesticates creatures compared to our predecessors and we don't need the brain matter for survival instincts since we got very few natural predators. And our bodies in general have gotten less bulky the past ten thousand years since the temperatures have risen since the Ice Age.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #6950
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Today's gear grind. Another 11-hr shift due to once again being shorthanded. And to make things worse, the coworker from last week's spat was being rude and b**chy today for no apparent reason- this time at the MIC! She finally ended up getting sent home about 11:30, when the MIC decided she'd had enough. I didn't blame her one bit, and the rest of the day was more pleasant, though we had to stretch the work farther. But if she keeps it up I forsee a short future for her in our store. She was just utterly unfriendly and kept muttering gripes about anything and everything all day.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #6951
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
;o).
;o).
Did you ever answer the question as to why you use this emote because seriously it's creepy

I don't remember what thread I asked this in
Old 05-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #6952
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Okay, now that really sucks. Assumptions from strangers is one thing, but family despite proof? How does that even work.
I'll let you know when I figure it out. They all are quick to offer suggestions on what to do, but fail to realize that the chemical changes also leave me with little desire to do things alone... so unless someone steps up and will hit the gym or walk with me, I'm not likely at all to move much... ever. So thats made things worse.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #6953
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Did you ever answer the question as to why you use this emote because seriously it's creepy

I don't remember what thread I asked this in
the winkey-O-face smiley with a double-chin a bit off putting
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #6954
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I keep seeing it as a clown face. It just needs a hat maybe.

Grind... My nephew has TWO parents. Wouldn't you think it would have been completely possible for one of them to have already cleaned up his dinner - much of which is all over the kitchen floor (god knows how much actually ended up inside him) - from over an hour ago?

Aunt is does not appreciate slipping on stupid ravioli-looking nonsense and having to get it, now crushed, off the bottom of her sandal. I swear, if I slip and bust my face on anything one of these days...

Between this and other stuff, it's disappointing to realize just how much of an inconsiderate person my sister has grown into and how much she thinks the world revolves around her/them like their you know what don't stink. But given how my sister was kind of favored and catered to more, I can see where some of it came from... Though some of my brother in law clearly has also rubbed off that shouldn't have.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #6955
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I went googling and found this:
Quote:
With some evolutionary irony, the past 10,000 years of human existence actually shrank our brains. Limited nutrition in agricultural populations may have been an important driver of this trend. Industrial societies in the past 100 years, however, have seen brain size rebound, as childhood nutrition increased and disease declined. Although the past does not predict future evolution, a greater integration with technology and genetic engineering may catapult the human brain into the unknown.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...brain-evolved/
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #6956
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
the winkey-O-face smiley with a double-chin a bit off putting :lol:
Quote:
:tlol: I keep seeing it as a clown face. It just needs a hat maybe.
See, I'm seeing it as a winking clown face with the . at the end being like a mole or something. What's with all the winking. Nobody does that irl. :o) is a perfectly adorable emote but the wink just makes it creepy lmao
Old 05-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #6957
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
See, I'm seeing it as a winking clown face with the . at the end being like a mole or something. What's with all the winking. Nobody does that irl. ) is a perfectly adorable emote but the wink just makes it creepy lmao
i'm watching you from a spy cam afar. the wink is the camera ;o)

or not ....or am I?!?!?!?
Old 05-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #6958
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Oh so it's intended to be creepy
Old 05-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #6959
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Oh so it's intended to be creepy
Nope . i just never give much thought if an emoji is creepy, unless it's a clown with a knife or something!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:36 PM   #6960
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Nope . i just never give much thought if an emoji is creepy, unless it's a clown with a knife or something!
👀

idk thats the best i got rn