The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-22-2021, 04:14 AM   #1
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Why are they stuck in the future,when they know Renet?

I don't remember Fast Forward ever explaining that part or ever remembering Renet exists. Feels stupid of the Turtles to not try and contact her. Or even remember they know somebody capable of time travel.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:35 AM   #2
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
I don't remember Fast Forward ever explaining that part or ever remembering Renet exists. Feels stupid of the Turtles to not try and contact her. Or even remember they know somebody capable of time travel.
When I watched this all a couple years back, I said the same thing... they would have either had a way to get in touch with her or as she claims to always be keeping an eye on them, she would have seen they were "stuck" in the future... lol. Never made sense except in order to tell the story, they have to be stuck in the future.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #3
ABrown
Banned

I've thought about this as well. First of all, I don't think the turtles had a way of contacting Renet. Furthermore, I think Renet was focused on major events that had direct impacts on the space time continuum. Examples: Savanti Romero or Ultimate Drako threatening the entire time line. She didn't just jump in and alter events that occurred, just because her friends were in trouble.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #4
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

It's just weird that they never even think of contacting her. Or that the story never handwaves it as "this is where they need to be" or something like that.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:40 AM   #5
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Lord Simultaneous is reckless, and thinks big in terms of keeping reality safe.
Renet could have noticed the turtles in the future, but maybe she couldn't managed to help them because of Simultaneous.

Also, how the turtles could have contacted her? In all episodes she appears in she is not called, she is sent to them.
But again, is very likely what ABrown said.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:14 AM   #6
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think a similar and also worse contradiction lies in the 2012 series.

If Mutant Apocalypse is canon (as Ciro Nieli claimed it was how he envisioned his TMNT ending up), then doesn't that also negate Renet's existance and her account of the future?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:46 AM   #7
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I think a similar and also worse contradiction lies in the 2012 series.

If Mutant Apocalypse is canon (as Ciro Nieli claimed it was how he envisioned his TMNT ending up), then doesn't that also negate Renet's existance and her account of the future?
Not quite the same. That was (another) bad future,they didn't really travel there and got stuck.

And for once,studio meddling was a good thing for not ending it on a Mad Max parody.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #8
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not quite the same. That was (another) bad future,they didn't really travel there and got stuck.

And for once,studio meddling was a good thing for not ending it on a Mad Max parody.
No, no. I'm not saying it's time travel related.

I meant that Mutant Apocalypse, which is a bad future where humanity is extinct, contradicts Renet and her account of the future, which is implied to have humans, and that the TMNT are outed to the world as heroes. Since Nieli says Mutant Apocalypse is the canon ending, did he not realize that Renet's existance and what she tells the turtles contradicts the canonicity of MA?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #9
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
No, no. I'm not saying it's time travel related.

I meant that Mutant Apocalypse, which is a bad future where humanity is extinct, contradicts Renet and her account of the future, which is implied to have humans, and that the TMNT are outed to the world as heroes. Since Nieli says Mutant Apocalypse is the canon ending, did he not realize that Renet's existance and what she tells the turtles contradicts the canonicity of MA?
They probably forgot. Or MA is an alternate timeline,which is what show actually went with.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

The simple answer is, it's a cartoon, don't look too much into it.

Otherwise, historically, Renet doesn't usually interfere too much. She knows there's a multiverse of turtles, countless iterations, countless possible timelines, they're but a drop in the bucket of time overseen. Sometimes you just gotta let life happen the way it's meant to, eh? In Mirage, the turtles grow apart, grow old, die. In 2012, similar events occur. Most TMNT stories don't have a happy ending, it just is what it is. Renet either can't, or won't intervene.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

You guys all missed the real answer, "It was fate."

The Turtles were brought to the future to stop Shoko'nobo's invasion of Earth. If the Turtles never arrived in 2105, Shoko's eggs would have harvested all the humans on the planet and the entire world would be covered by darkness and become his shokonobo drones. There would be nobody else to stop him, Cody also would have never trained and any future superheroes like the Turtle Titan guy (Silver Sentries grandson) would be portrayed as useless as usual.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:23 PM   #12
Icebot
Foot Elite

I made a similar thread 8 years ago, you might find some helpful answers here:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=41267
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:37 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It was just stupid. And aside from a few episodes, there seemed to be no urgency to return to their present time. They seemed too comfortable with their status quo, like, the hell with April and Casey and anything we might have left behind, WE'RE IN THE FUTURE BABY!

Too bad it was a kid's show. If it was something more serious, they would have done something like, they find out that April and/or Casey get killed by the Foot or Purple Dragons a week after the Turtles 'vanished' when they went to the future, so now there's urgency to return.

This whole future thing felt like an extended vacation for them.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:40 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Maybe them going to the future was meant to happen. Remember that Renet keeps track of all time. So she would have known about the Turtles traveling to a future at some point, and then getting back in there own timeline.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:32 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It was just stupid. And aside from a few episodes, there seemed to be no urgency to return to their present time. They seemed too comfortable with their status quo, like, the hell with April and Casey and anything we might have left behind, WE'RE IN THE FUTURE BABY!.
They knew they would get back in time eventually.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:45 PM   #16
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Is there only one Renet in the turtles multiverse?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:30 PM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

Possibly. We know there's only one Cudley the Cowlick and he's appeared in multiple TMNT universes, so it's very possible.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It was just stupid. And aside from a few episodes, there seemed to be no urgency to return to their present time. They seemed too comfortable with their status quo, like, the hell with April and Casey and anything we might have left behind, WE'RE IN THE FUTURE BABY!

Too bad it was a kid's show. If it was something more serious, they would have done something like, they find out that April and/or Casey get killed by the Foot or Purple Dragons a week after the Turtles 'vanished' when they went to the future, so now there's urgency to return.

This whole future thing felt like an extended vacation for them.
Yes, by the time Fast Forward began, the show had sorta become a parody of itself and less serious.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #19
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Is there only one Renet in the turtles multiverse?
According to IDW, yes.

Although... That would mean she stole the Time Scepter three times to fight Savanti with the Turtles in medieval Europe, and went back to the cretaceous where Savanti did the bone ritual twice... Not to mention how she claims to have a completely different backstory in the Nick Cartoon.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:27 PM   #20
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

From what I understand- Renet and Savanti are the same characters between Mirage and IDW comics. Anything else is a bit trickier.