The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #201
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
People, I'm afraid you are selling the bear's skin before having killed the beast. I'm conscious that this series took many things from the original version of the TMNT at the Mirage Comics, like Splinter finding the corpse of the Rat King. I read more information about this version, and I realized something big. The good news is that Splinter may still be alive, and the bad news is that Shredder might be alive too. It doesn't have too much sense to kill both the turtles' master and nemesis is this is not the last season. Let me explain:

In the Mirage Comics, Splinter died, but Donatello took samples of his DNA in hopes of restoring him to life some day. However, he eventually discovered that the Splinter they buried was not the same one that raised him. Apparently, at his death, a group of mysterious being known as "the Pantheon" took Splinter to offer him a place in their group, who commanded several kinds of animals. Splinter would have become Lord of the Rats, but he refused. Eventually, the Turtles discovered that Splinter was actually alive, becoming the Daymio of the Battle Nexus. So, if the Battle Nexus is going to appear, then there's a chance Splinter will appear here.

Sadly, Shredder could be alive too. Do you remember the Shredder's clones from Season 3? Who says Shredder didn't cloned himself in a more stable body to resurrect so anything happen to his corporea form? In fact, in the Mirage comics, Shredder was cloned after the Turtles killed him. Also, the "Mystic Foot" (the ones that we saw in the 2003's series as elementals) took a role too in the Shredder's resurrection. So, there's a high chance we haven't seen the last of him.

Well, what do you think?

Last edited by Jester; 01-01-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:00 AM   #202
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
Spoiler:
People, I'm afraid you are selling the bear's skin before having killed the beast. I'm conscious that this series took many things from the original version of the TMNT at the Mirage Comics, like Splinter finding the corpse of the Rat King. I read more information about this version, and I realized something big. The good news is that Splinter may still be alive, and the bad news is that Shredder might be alive too. It doesn't have too much sense to kill both the turtles' master and nemesis is this is not the last season. Let me explain:

In the Mirage Comics, Splinter died, but Donatello took samples of his DNA in hopes of restoring him to life some day. However, he eventually discovered that the Splinter they buried was not the same one that raised him. Apparently, at his death, a group of mysterious being known as "the Pantheon" took Splinter to offer him a place in their group, who commanded several kinds of animals. Splinter would have become Lord of the Rats, but he refused. Eventually, the Turtles discovered that Splinter was actually alive, becoming the Daymio of the Battle Nexus. So, if the Battle Nexus is going to appear, then there's a chance Splinter will appear here.

Sadly, Shredder could be alive too. Do you remember the Shredder's clones from Season 3? Who says Shredder didn't cloned himself in a more stable body to resurrect so anything happen to his corporea form? In fact, in the Mirage comics, Shredder was cloned after the Turtles killed him. Also, the "Mystic Foot" (the ones that we saw in the 2003's series as elementals) took a role too in the Shredder's resurrection. So, there's a high chance we haven't seen the last of him.

Well, what do you think?
Use spoiler tags please or you will be getting a lot of heat from people who haven't seen the final yet. Also discuss this in the Korean thread not here and the season 4 thread until it's aired in the US.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #203
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:

Well, what do you think?
Spoiler:
I'm doing this one time out of respect for you Vicky.

Well there is supposed to be some degree of mysticism this upcoming season but I'm not going to jump on the resurrection bandwagon here. Plus, I don't buy the idea that a clone is the same as being resurrected. As others have pointed out here, Vicky82 and victory angel most prominently, this has most likely been a process of the turtles growing up season by season and having Splinter and Shredder gone this upcoming season may just be the icing on the cake of their growing depending on the trials they face in S5.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #204
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Spoiler:

Well, what do you think?

Spoiler:
I think it's best if they both stay dead. I like the idea and have been wanting this ever since season 3 and hated the fact they brought Splinter back.

I want the turtles to go through that stage where they have to grow up because of tragedy and what better way to do that than with the death of a parent?

I'm also going to assume that Shredder killed Splinter and the turtles kill him. They have even more of a reason not to hold back when going up against him.

I really want to see how everyone acts after this, especially Mikey. Will we finally get our punching bag scene or some equivalent? *partially doubts it*
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #205
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

I understand your point of view about the Turtles needing to develop themselves, but you have also to understand that these kind of stories have some rules that it can't be broken.

Spoiler:
First of all, we are dealing with the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", and all the teenagers need a paternal figure until they reach full adult age. Think about it. Back in the TMNT 25's anniversary, when "Turtles Forever" was shown, the promo had a scene of Donnie saying something peculiar: "25 years? Then, how can we still be teenagers?". Good question, huh? That's why eliminating Splinter is a big "no can't do" in TMNT, and that's why I hope for his return somehow.

And second, you should know that in superhero stories, no hero can exist without its archnemesis, its greatest villain. Superman can't exist without Lex Luthor, Batman can't exist without the Joker and Spider-Man can't exist without the Green Goblin. Sure, they can beat them, fight other kind of villains and have a rest of each other. But eventually, their greatest enemies always end up returning; proving that bad habits die hard. And following this rule, the TMNT can't exist without their greatest enemy: The Shredder.

And by the way, sorry for the spoilers, but I forgot how to write them.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:07 PM   #206
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I understand your point of view about the Turtles needing to develop themselves, but you have also to understand that these kind of stories have some rules that it can't be broken.

Spoiler:
First of all, we are dealing with the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", and all the teenagers need a paternal figure until they reach full adult age. Think about it. Back in the TMNT 25's anniversary, when "Turtles Forever" was shown, the promo had a scene of Donnie saying something peculiar: "25 years? Then, how can we still be teenagers?". Good question, huh? That's why eliminating Splinter is a big "no can't do" in TMNT, and that's why I hope for his return somehow.

And second, you should know that in superhero stories, no hero can exist without its archnemesis, its greatest villain. Superman can't exist without Lex Luthor, Batman can't exist without the Joker and Spider-Man can't exist without the Green Goblin. Sure, they can beat them, fight other kind of villains and have a rest of each other. But eventually, their greatest enemies always end up returning; proving that bad habits die hard. And following this rule, the TMNT can't exist without their greatest enemy: The Shredder.

1. There are a lot of stories where teenage heroes don't have any adult guidance so I don't see why thats a big deal.

2.While Lex,Joker, and Gobby are archnemesis, the heroes you mentioned still have a large rouge galleries so saying Batman or Spiderman are nothing with out their arch nemesis is a little dramatic
Old 01-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #207
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
In the comics there are other adventures the Turtles have that don't involve Shredder at all. There are also other enemies they can face. Oh and by grow up, I meant mature, not particularly age. It's like how in book 4 of the Harry Potter series changed for Harry, and how the tone shifted from book 5 onward to indicate that Harry was growing up.

Luke Skywalker had Vader, but he lost his mentor.

Oh, this show also have some loose ends still that need to be dealt with and tied. Without Shredder being in the way, they can maybe focus on those.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #208
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
1. There are a lot of stories where teenage heroes don't have any adult guidance so I don't see why thats a big deal.

2.While Lex,Joker, and Gobby are archnemesis, the heroes you mentioned still have a large rouge galleries so saying Batman or Spiderman are nothing with out their arch nemesis is a little dramatic
1º) That's usually true, but even so, teenagers always try to fill the void looking for some guidance from someone they can see as a good example for them. (Even when they pick it wrong).

2º) Like I said, they have way more enemies that those I mentioned, but it's always against their nemesis where the heroes reach their full potential; because they always make the heroes go to their limits and surpass themselves. That's why the Tortles need Shredder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Spoiler:
In the comics there are other adventures the Turtles have that don't involve Shredder at all. There are also other enemies they can face. Oh and by grow up, I meant mature, not particularly age. It's like how in book 4 of the Harry Potter series changed for Harry, and how the tone shifted from book 5 onward to indicate that Harry was growing up.

Luke Skywalker had Vader, but he lost his mentor.

Oh, this show also have some loose ends still that need to be dealt with and tied. Without Shredder being in the way, they can maybe focus on those.
Spoiler:
Like I said, I never said the Turtles need to be fighting the Shredder continuously. Of course they can fight other guys, but their real power always comes out when they are deal with their biggest enemy: The Shredder. I also got the mature thing. And about Harry Potter, although he battled different guys, Voldemort was always near until the last book. That's a good proof that the hero will always need his greatest enemy.

Luke had two mentors, actually: Kenobi and Yoda. And even after his death, Kenobi kept existing as a "force's ghost" to help Luke.

And back in the 2003's series, there was also loose ends that the turtles had to fix, like those guys Utrom Shredder experimented to turn into monsters until Donnie found a cure for their condition. In that moment, the Shredder was down, not out. So even if they take the chance to solve some problems, that doesn't mean the Shredder won't return at the end. In the 2003's series, even in the future, the Turtles couldn't get rid of him thanks to time travel.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #209
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
1º) That's usually true, but even so, teenagers always try to fill the void looking for some guidance from someone they can see as a good example for them. (Even when they pick it wrong).

2º) Like I said, they have way more enemies that those I mentioned, but it's always against their nemesis where the heroes reach their full potential; because they always make the heroes go to their limits and surpass themselves. That's why the Tortles need Shredder.

Spoiler:
Like I said, I never said the Turtles need to be fighting the Shredder continuously. Of course they can fight other guys, but their real power always comes out when they are deal with their biggest enemy: The Shredder. I also got the mature thing. And about Harry Potter, although he battled different guys, Voldemort was always near until the last book. That's a good proof that the hero will always need his greatest enemy.

Luke had two mentors, actually: Kenobi and Yoda. And even after his death, Kenobi kept existing as a "force's ghost" to help Luke.

And back in the 2003's series, there was also loose ends that the turtles had to fix, like those guys Utrom Shredder experimented to turn into monsters until Donnie found a cure for their condition. In that moment, the Shredder was down, not out. So even if they take the chance to solve some problems, that doesn't mean the Shredder won't return at the end. In the 2003's series, even in the future, the Turtles couldn't get rid of him thanks to time travel.
Spoiler:
The Mirage is a good example (and maybe IDW) of the shadow of the Shredder being a bigger part than the actual character himself. A lot of the fan favorite Mirage stories don't involve him CAW being a good example of the after math of his death causing a lot of problems.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #210
GoldenFlither
Thug

Quote:
Spoiler:

Well, what do you think?
I'm usually just a lurker, but I wanted to say thanks for that information! I didn't know much about previous incarnations and it's nice to have that little hope for a reunion somewhere down the line.

If I were younger I know I'd have welcomed the dark turns the series takes. But I've gotten to an age where I prefer those feel-good moments and happily-ever-afters. Having a working life and raising a family you welcome these where you can. I suppose I still tolerate the more grim moments when it's followed by happy endings.

But for the sake of the discussion, if I may raise some other things I haven't seen addressed yet? I think some of them might even support the theory you proposed.

Spoiler:
a) If Shredder is defeated permanently, is there a theory as to why his voice actor was present during a recording on the same day as James Hong? I'd say it may be him recording his lines as the '80s Shredder, but I recall the voice actors of Fishface and Tiger Claw being present also, as well as Kelly Hu.

b) This whole summoning of the demodragon from...well, hell, essentially (goodness), has me suspicious that, even if Shredder is not resurrected, the Turtles may encounter him again.

c) Shinigami is a powerful being and a bringer of death. That's pretty huge and yet was barely tapped into. Is it possible that she may also play a part in the next season, or is it believed that her contribution is more or less over? I would be particularly impressed if either she somehow influenced the events (in which case Renet would be a welcome return to have a little clash with Michelangelo's new girl for having altered fate) or can somehow alter them once more. Or perhaps, as an immortal being, some sort of connection to the demodragon.

d) While trying to connect with April in the last (US-aired) episode, Splinter had a vision of creatures in red robes, which I can only assume is the same as those cult followers as they summoned the demodragon. I don't know what this would be suggestive of, but I thought it odd.

e) Miyamoto Usagi. One can only theorize about this one, but I think they would support Ursalink's theory about where Splinter is during this season considering previous incarnations. Or rather one of them, that being the 2003 series.
*This is irrelevant, but besides Karai, this is my favourite character in the franchise (although it's a character from another property). I'm so looking forward to seeing him.

f) Given that part of this upcoming season is suspected to take place in the immortal realm, have we established a motive as to why they're there? Usually each season (or at least the first part of it) is given a bigger McGuffin outside of the episodic plots, i.e. recovering at the farmhouse to eventually defeat the Kraang and take back NY, space adventures to stop the destruction of Earth. Given that the season 4 finale was more conclusive than the previous two, we don't know yet what will motivate the Turtles in this one. This could again support the idea that this past finale isn't as conclusive as we think.

As an extension of this...

g) I suppose this demodragon could be the major villain, but given that it's the final (pre-planned) season that would presumably have to be the most epic and conclusive for the entire series, introducing an all-new villain to have the final showdown with would be a little underwhelming. I mean, what it the final battle of the final season had been with the Triceritons? Wouldn't people be a little disappointed? Shredder, as Ursalink has pointed out, is the major villain without a doubt. I don't think I'm ever as invested in a battle as I am when it's between the Hamato and Foot because that's where the real drama stems from.

I can only expect counter-theories from here, but I would ask more for confirmation of the contrary (for instance, if we're certain Shinigami will definitely not be in this season). Other than that, these are only points of discussion.
GoldenFlither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #211
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

Well, I guess we could make a list about "unsolved cliffhangers" to cover Season 5's plots, until the moment that Shredder will return. Face it, guys, old habits die hard, so he WILL return. Well, let's see what we can see in Season 5:

+ An official solving of the war between the Utroms and the Kraangs.
+ The situation of the Mutagen Man.
+ What happened to the Punk Frogs?
+ To see what happened with minor allies like Muckman and Sir Malachi.
+ The potential return of the Fugitoid.
+ To see what happened with minor past enemies like Snakeweed and Spider Bytes.
+ Donatello possibly reconstructing and upgrading Metalhead.
+ Possibly discovering what actually happened to April's mom.
+ Potential return of Savanti Romero? (Another Time Travel could bring us Splinter again).
+ Potential return of Lord Dregg? If Tokka came to Earth, why not him?
+ The Triceratons potentially returning somehow.
+ A reencounter between Ralph and Mona Lisa. And now that I think of it, maybe resolve what exactly happened to the Newtralizer.

Well, What do you think? Something I missed?
Old 01-04-2017, 01:51 PM   #212
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Well, I guess we could make a list about "unsolved cliffhangers" to cover Season 5's plots, until the moment that Shredder will return. Face it, guys, old habits die hard, so he WILL return. Well, let's see what we can see in Season 5:

+ Potential return of Savanti Romero? (Another Time Travel could bring us Splinter again).
+ A reencounter between Ralph and Mona Lisa. And now that I think of it, maybe resolve what exactly happened to the Newtralizer.

but i thought this show didn't drop plot points or forget characters ;o)

this show tries to be grand and world expanding, and then forgets crap like crazy.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:59 PM   #213
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Well, I guess we could make a list about "unsolved cliffhangers" to cover Season 5's plots, until the moment that Shredder will return. Face it, guys, old habits die hard, so he WILL return.
I doubt that (for once).

Quote:
Well, let's see what we can see in Season 5:

1) I'm on board. Especially b/c it's weird that, outside Bishop, we haven't seen a trace of the Kraang and Utroms since coming back.
2) It definitely should've been done by now so while it's still a bad job on the series' part, I'm still on board.
3 and 4) I don't think are issues. Malachi maybe but Muckman's got a satisfying, more complete end to his episode.
5) I (unfortunately) don't think that's going to happen. The best case scenario is he somehow becomes the new Metalhead otherwise his present self's final moment in ELS is a waste in more ways than one. It'd all come down to whether they want to and can rehire David Tennant.
6) Their absences are more of a big deal than 4 and 5 so I'd be on board for that.
7) see #5
8. Definitely on board. It's as big a hanger as #2
9) I don't think that's an issue.
10) Hell no.
11) They've served their purpose so I don't think that's an issue.
12) The former is possible after looking inside Raph's head in "Insecta Trifecta" but it's not as big an issue as the latter. Leaving the cliffhanger from "Newtralized" hanging this long, not to mention the fact that he's been in the last two season intros and not made an appearance at all is a terrible job on this show's part! The latter has to happen!

Last edited by TMNTInsighter; 01-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #214
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

I figured they were implying that the Punk Frogs would be killed. They were headed to Louisiana. ><
Old 01-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #215
victory_angel
Foot Elite

They had their chance to cure Timothy in lonely mutation. Donnie had only two doses one for Kirby and one for Splinter.

Kirby was a more immediate case and for Splinter that was making good on a probable childhood promise. When Donnie offered to restore Splinters humanity Splinter responds by saying "I'll think about it" which is a phrase that does translate to "no"

So Timothy would have gotten it by default

But Donnie had also said the retromutagen takes a long time to make and every time they have it there is always someone else who needs it more.

Karai needs it this time, Tim gets the next batch. Oh wait no we need to use this batch to cure the city, we'll cure Tim next time. Shredder is now a roided out super Shredder we will definately cure Timothy next time.

It wouldn't suprise me if they have the unfortunate twist of the retromutagen destroying Timothy since he's pure mutagen and we don't know what the retromutagen does when it comes in contact with its opposite

Last edited by victory_angel; 01-04-2017 at 08:50 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:59 AM   #216
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Just a theory but...

Season 5 being the last season still hasn't been confirmed by Nickelodeon or anyone on the Turtles crew yet right? I'm wondering if they are waiting for a big event to discuss it. Wondercon is at the end March this year, and last year they had a pretty good panel. Then after that is San Diego. So IF they are waiting for for one of these conventions, then we might not get any season 5 episodes till April or later

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #217
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

maybe we need people picketing outside their offices demanding more episodes/seasons. then again we'd probably come off as this kid.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:30 PM   #218
Vicky82
Emperor

Ciro posted a new pic from the unfinished music video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPZOpSZB...y=superrobot74

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:02 AM   #219
Vegita-San
Emperor

cause what everyone wants to see is a music video about a pointless character with a dumb thing that doesn't even qualify itself as a song. :/..

tmnt is doomed at nick ;o)
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #220
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Ciro posted a new pic from the unfinished music video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPZOpSZB...y=superrobot74
Wow Ciro. Apritello? Really? You stooped that low?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
season 5