The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
Donnie
Something from the Past

LeBron to Lakers

Besides the fact that he has a house in LA, and of course the money he's being paid, I don't see why the Lakers were a good choice for LeBron. Unless he gets another superstar on that team, it'll be just another Cavs. It's going to be weird seeing LeBron play for the West.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Besides the fact that he has a house in LA, and of course the money he's being paid, I don't see why the Lakers were a good choice for LeBron. Unless he gets another superstar on that team, it'll be just another Cavs. It's going to be weird seeing LeBron play for the West.
The cavs are about to be a lottery team

Lebron left for a few reasons
-He did not get along with the Cavs owner
-He did not like the way the roster was constructed. (The cavs could of had Paul George and Carmelo Anthony, but the owner would not make the picks in the trade unprotected.)
-He wants to grow his brand outside of basketball
-He signed a 4 years deal bc his oldest son is entering high school this year and wants him to have stability.
-The cavs were cash strap and could not improve the roster.
-The Lakers have a ton of young talent, he is hoping they will be able to take some of the burden off.
-He is banking on the fact that Free Agents will be more attracted to Lakers than the Cavs.

There was quite a few reasons he jumped ship from Cleveland to LA. I think Paul George messed up by resigning with the thunder who got bounced out in the 1st round by the Utah Jazz that was led by a rookie. Paul George should have gone to the Lakers.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
The cavs are about to be a lottery team

Lebron left for a few reasons
-He did not get along with the Cavs owner
-He did not like the way the roster was constructed. (The cavs could of had Paul George and Carmelo Anthony, but the owner would not make the picks in the trade unprotected.)
-He wants to grow his brand outside of basketball
-He signed a 4 years deal bc his oldest son is entering high school this year and wants him to have stability.
-The cavs were cash strap and could not improve the roster.
-The Lakers have a ton of young talent, he is hoping they will be able to take some of the burden off.
-He is banking on the fact that Free Agents will be more attracted to Lakers than the Cavs.

There was quite a few reasons he jumped ship from Cleveland to LA. I think Paul George messed up by resigning with the thunder who got bounced out in the 1st round by the Utah Jazz that was led by a rookie. Paul George should have gone to the Lakers.
Let's not forget the fact. That he's gonna be starring in the Space Jam sequel. So he would be closer to Hollywood for that.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
Donnie
Something from the Past

Guess that all makes sense for LeBron personally, I just don't see how it really helps his basketball career. PG definitely should have signed with the Lakers, I'm wondering if he's kicking himself for his decision. Although, to be honest, I don't see PG as an All-Star player anymore. He was alright last season, but nothing special.

Can't wait to see where Kawai goes...
Old 07-02-2018, 06:13 PM   #5
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Wrong move unless Leonard comes
He should have joined the 76ers that would have been a juggernaut team
Old 07-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Wrong move unless Leonard comes
He should have joined the 76ers that would have been a juggernaut team
I would agree except for two things.
-The 76ers are extremely injury prone
and
-Lebron did not want to join an already established super team like Kevin Durant did.

That would hurt his legacy. If he wins a single championship with the Lakers it will do more for his career than if he would have won multiple with the 76ers imo. The reason I say this is bc of how KD has been perceived sense joining the warriors.

But honestly it really doesn't matter at this point sense the warriors just got DeMarcus Cousins
Honestly this league is becoming a joke in terms of competitiveness. They need to set up a hard salary cap so badly....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #7
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Not to be that guy...but...shouldn’t this go in the sports talk section...also the World Cup thread should go in sports talk...but whatever, yolo

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...89#post1767789

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=17904&page=82
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #8
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

You are being that guy hahaha
Just messin
Old 07-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
You are being that guy hahaha
Just messin
lol, yeah I know
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #10
Donnie
Something from the Past

LeBron is the King, he gets his own thread.

Man, Cousins to GS is just not fair. Is it even worth having a season in October? That team is going to be unstoppable.

I would have liked LeBron on the Sixers as well. Simmons alone even if Embiid went down at some point (which he probably will) would have been a great addition for the King. But alas, what he's going to get is the same old thing. He'll shoulder all the weight on LA. Especially since they got rid of Randle. Rondo isn't that great anymore.