The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2018, 07:01 AM   #281
Monkey Ambassador
Foot Soldier

I just noticed that the timeline starts in 2014. Why is it 2014, instead of 2011?
Monkey Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #282
TheShredder777
Random Punk

I may have missed it but does the Batman cross-over fit in somewhere in-particular?

TheShredder777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #283
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The Batman crossover isn't canon to the ongoing, so it doesn't have a place.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #284
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShredder777 View Post
I may have missed it but does the Batman cross-over fit in somewhere in-particular?
Neither Batman crossover is officially canon. In my head canon, I like to slot the first one just before the Ghostbusters crossover, so it's like they're still working out the kinks in the teleportation device. The second Batman crossover doesn't really fit at all.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:33 AM   #285
Shargor
Thug

Have a couple of suggestions regarding macro-series placement:

- Michelangelo. Should be right after Kingdom of Rats arc. They would discuss important matter about kids next day latest. And Mike won't be that calm in Universe arc, if the question hadn't been resolved yet.

- Donatello. Same as in the first post, right before Leatherhead issue.

- Leonardo. Should be before Battle Lines arc. Two reasons: 1) judging by tree leaves it's late fall and not winter yet as in Christmas issue and Raph macro (not important); 2) Mike isn't grieving Slash's death (as in 90th) and is thinking only about kids (important).

- Raphael. It's a bit tricky. I believe, issue 89th takes place 1-2 days after 88th (Mike is still heavily grieving Slash's death), while 90th is 3 to 7 days after 88th (I'm not an expert and just googled, when the funeral service usually takes place after death in USA). 90th issue also addressed recent Raph incident in Bishop segment, stating, that damage wasn't that heavy, as they had thought, but they hadn't made full repair yet (which should be completed in 48 hours by Bishop's order). So, I guess, Raph's incident happened 1-2 days before 90th. Also, in 89th Raph is fully okey and doesn't show any signs of recent encounter with Bishop. So my suggestion is to place Raph macro between 89th and 90th issues.
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:47 PM   #286
ToTheNines
[sic]

I don’t really have the time to pour over the details, and I unfortunately took really poor notes, but I did put a LOT of thought into the macro placement. Also I’m pretty sure a few of them were placed based on comments made by the editor.

But I’ll try to see if your points stand next time I’m home!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:27 AM   #287
ToTheNines
[sic]

Ok, FINALLY had an evening to chill out and read some comics. Moved the Macros around and moved Shredder in Hell down the line just because we still haven’t really reached a good narrative spot for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
Have a couple of suggestions regarding macro-series placement:

- Michelangelo. Should be right after Kingdom of Rats arc. They would discuss important matter about kids next day latest. And Mike won't be that calm in Universe arc, if the question hadn't been resolved yet.

- Donatello. Same as in the first post, right before Leatherhead issue.
So I totally agree about the Michelangelo issue. I’m going to move the Donatello issue along with it just to keep the numbering intuitive, and it doesn’t create any issues anyways.

Quote:
- Leonardo. Should be before Battle Lines arc. Two reasons: 1) judging by tree leaves it's late fall and not winter yet as in Christmas issue and Raph macro (not important); 2) Mike isn't grieving Slash's death (as in 90th) and is thinking only about kids (important).
This one I disagree on. I think their reason for being in Northampton is left vague enough and it makes sense for them to get away after the Slash thing, plus they would want to hide for a minute while the EPF was on high alert.

Also after makes sense that Leo would be so open to helping Karai after the events of Battle Lines. And I’m pretty sure Curnow said it was after Battle Lines.

Went ahead and moved Hit The Road right before Leo. The Karai stinger ties right in and it explains the absence of Bishop and the turtles during the NYC stuff.

Quote:

- Raphael. It's a bit tricky. I believe, issue 89th takes place 1-2 days after 88th (Mike is still heavily grieving Slash's death), while 90th is 3 to 7 days after 88th (I'm not an expert and just googled, when the funeral service usually takes place after death in USA). 90th issue also addressed recent Raph incident in Bishop segment, stating, that damage wasn't that heavy, as they had thought, but they hadn't made full repair yet (which should be completed in 48 hours by Bishop's order). So, I guess, Raph's incident happened 1-2 days before 90th. Also, in 89th Raph is fully okey and doesn't show any signs of recent encounter with Bishop. So my suggestion is to place Raph macro between 89th and 90th issues.
Agreed. There’s definitely a big gap between Slash’s death and his memorial service, but it still works fine.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #288
Shargor
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
This one I disagree on. I think their reason for being in Northampton is left vague enough and it makes sense for them to get away after the Slash thing, plus they would want to hide for a minute while the EPF was on high alert.
I don't find their reason vague:

Also, non-grieving Mike is a good indication. Because in #89 he grieves a lot, and in this issue there is no trace at all. He thinks only about kids (which was the only important thing for him from pre-Battle Lines period).

Quote:
Went ahead and moved Hit The Road right before Leo. The Karai stinger ties right in and it explains the absence of Bishop and the turtles during the NYC stuff.
Bishop is not absent during NYC battle, he is monitoring Agent Ravenwood progress from the distance. Moreover, he was the one, who freed B&R from the restrains (the beginning of the fifth issue).

And turtles' absence is explained by them being in Northampton.

So everything lines up perfectly. B&R -> Leonardo -> Battle Lines.
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #289
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ok, FINALLY had an evening to chill out and read some comics. Moved the Macros around and moved Shredder in Hell down the line just because we still haven’t really reached a good narrative spot for it.

So I totally agree about the Michelangelo issue. I’m going to move the Donatello issue along with it just to keep the numbering intuitive, and it doesn’t create any issues anyways.

Also after makes sense that Leo would be so open to helping Karai after the events of Battle Lines. And I’m pretty sure Curnow said it was after Battle Lines.

Agreed. There’s definitely a big gap between Slash’s death and his memorial service, but it still works fine.
I think Mutagen Maintenance and Universe 23/24 should be before Kingdom of Rats, simply because Seymour is back on his feet by issue 86 and it would probably take Lindsey some time to fix him up like that.

Shredder in Hell will probably end up between 92 and 93, as there is kind of a gap in the narrative at that point it could fit into.

I'm also considering how they would be collected in the hardbacks and taking into account the number of issues and their respective page quantities; I'm fairly certain that it'll be Triceraton Invasion, KoR and the remaining Universe issues/backups in Vol.11, the Macros, Hit the Road and issues 85 - 89/90 in Vol.12 and then 90/91 - 100, CoW and SiH in Vol.13.

Last edited by hypered1; 09-02-2019 at 12:40 PM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #290
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
I don't find their reason vague:

https://i.imgur.com/RufUlPw.jpg

Also, non-grieving Mike is a good indication. Because in #89 he grieves a lot, and in this issue there is no trace at all. He thinks only about kids (which was the only important thing for him from pre-Battle Lines period).
I don’t know, man. Everything before Battle Lines is fairly positive. The Mike Macro ends with them on really good terms with Splinter. The only story that really justifies the somber tone of the Leo issue is #88. I imagine they avoided Battle Lines references just to be careful since they weren’t certain how the release dates would shake out.

Here’s the post where Bobby says it was after: https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...postcount=2663

Quote:
Bishop is not absent during NYC battle, he is monitoring Agent Ravenwood progress from the distance. Moreover, he was the one, who freed B&R from the restrains (the beginning of the fifth issue).

And turtles' absence is explained by them being in Northampton.

So everything lines up perfectly. B&R -> Leonardo -> Battle Lines.
Man, I need to do a full series refresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I think Mutagen Maintenance and Universe 23/24 should be before Kingdom of Rats, simply because Seymour is back on his feet by issue 86 and it would probably take Lindsey some time to fix him up like that.

Shredder in Hell will probably end up between 92 and 93, as there is kind of a gap in the narrative at that point it could fit into.

I'm also considering how they would be collected in the hardbacks and taking into account the number of issues and their respective page quantities; I'm fairly certain that it'll be Triceraton Invasion, KoR and the remaining Universe issues/backups in Vol.11, the Macros, Hit the Road and issues 85 - 89/90 in Vol.12 and then 90/91 - 100, CoW and SiH in Vol.13.
Even though there’s not many issues between Universe 24 and TMNT 86, you could still pad days/weeks in between them.

Good point about SiH. I’m just waiting to see if there’s any significance to Splinter’s spirit appearing in purgatory or not.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 09-02-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:36 AM   #291
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Ambassador View Post
I just noticed that the timeline starts in 2014. Why is it 2014, instead of 2011?
Sliding timescale, the same reason Amazing Fantasy #15 doesn't take place in 1962 anymore.

If the timeline still started in 2011, then the characters would be 8 years older now and 16 in another 8.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:20 PM   #292
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Sliding timescale, the same reason Amazing Fantasy #15 doesn't take place in 1962 anymore.

If the timeline still started in 2011, then the characters would be 8 years older now and 16 in another 8.
Specifically, the 2014 start is worked backwards from Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything placing itself in 2016.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #293
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

Man, I need to do a full series refresh.

Good point about SiH. I’m just waiting to see if there’s any significance to Splinter’s spirit appearing in purgatory or not.
I just realized how much of the series I've never reread before, after having reread those first like 50+ issues at least three times each now

I can't wait to reread Shredder in Hell all the one way through in one sitting
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:47 AM   #294
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I just realized how much of the series I've never reread before, after having reread those first like 50+ issues at least three times each now

I can't wait to reread Shredder in Hell all the one way through in one sitting
Yeah, it’s crazy all the little details you don’t retain. Not only did I somehow forget Bishop was in Hit The Road, Wingnut and Screwloose being in #1 slipped my mind as well.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #295
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Geez, I think the last time I did a full chronological re-read was in the lead-up to #50. Maybe once we get past #100 I'll go through everything again in proper order. I don't think I've read anything post-50 more than once.

It's crazy to think we're almost to #100... though once you count in everything in canon it's something like the 205th issue, depending on how you count.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:42 AM   #296
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Geez, I think the last time I did a full chronological re-read was in the lead-up to #50. Maybe once we get past #100 I'll go through everything again in proper order. I don't think I've read anything post-50 more than once.

It's crazy to think we're almost to #100... though once you count in everything in canon it's something like the 205th issue, depending on how you count.
If Shredder in Hell 5 is released first, #100 would be the 200th canon issue or 204th if you count Infestation 2 (2 issues), Deviations and 20/20.
The Batman and X-files crossovers are confirmed as non-canon.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:49 AM   #297
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
If Shredder in Hell 5 is released first, #100 would be the 200th canon issue or 204th if you count Infestation 2 (2 issues), Deviations and 20/20.
The Batman and X-files crossovers are confirmed as non-canon.
Infestation 2 is canon
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:44 AM   #298
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Infestation 2 is canon
Yeah, it's on Nines' list, I haven't read it though. I looked into the whole Infestation event and it seems too complicated for my liking, but that's mainly because I can never tell how much backstory I need to know from each series involved in crossovers like that.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #299
hypered1
Mad Scientist

So I've starting rereading the current arc to refresh myself now that we're at the end of 'act 2' and I noticed that in the FCBD issue there's an updated reading order that places B&R Hit the Road and Universe vol. 5 (issues 21 - 25) with the Kingdom of Rats arc (81-84).
Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-28-2019, 07:20 PM   #300
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
So I've starting rereading the current arc to refresh myself now that we're at the end of 'act 2' and I noticed that in the FCBD issue there's an updated reading order that places B&R Hit the Road and Universe vol. 5 (issues 21 - 25) with the Kingdom of Rats arc (81-84).
Any thoughts on this?
I'd say B&R Hit the Road very likely does occur around Kingdom of Rats...idk, for me it's always hard pinpointing where non-turtle stories occur without a reference directly or indirectly to something the TMNT are doing at the time (it's been awhile since I read that miniseries, and cant remember if Bishop and Ravenwood reference something happening in the ongoing). With that said, I'd say the epilogue occurs maybe immediately prior to 99, since I'd imagine that if Karai had Team B&R had her disposal prior to attacking the Foot Clan, she'd of used them, but we'll learn more month I'm sure.
The final Universe stories, I'd say, do occur after Kingdom of Rats since there does appear to be a long lull of time that exists between 84 and 85(Leatherhead), and since that's probably when both the Mikey and Leo Macros occur and they go to Northampton.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
timeline