The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think the shorts are intended to be concepts of a new show?
Yes 11 40.74%
No 16 59.26%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

How likely is it that one of the shorts will be the basis for a reboot?

So instead of a new season being announced at SDCC we got three new shorts, all of which seem to deviate from the current cartoon. As we know, shorts are often used as pilots for cartoons and since we really don't know if the show will continue after season 5, it really makes me wonder if the shorts are silently intended to be concepts for a new show.

What do you think? Could these shorts really be the first signs of a reboot in the near future?

Spoiler:

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

None. They were purposely made to be fun alternate takes, that's all.

If they didn't make Half-Shell heroes its own series when it got a 1 hour episode, they won't do it for this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
None. They were purposely made to be fun alternate takes, that's all.

If they didn't make Half-Shell heroes its own series when it got a 1 hour episode, they won't do it for this.
Half-Shell Heroes was just produced to be a commercial for a set of toys they couldn't market with the actual show due to budget constraints, this seems different. I mean if the point was just to make shorts, why now when the show (and the brand in general) isn't doing so hot? Why make make them noticably different from the show? Why three of them? Why so late with announcing season 6?

Even if these shorts won't form the basis for a reboot, something's up with the show's future.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nothing is up in the shows future. They're also not going to do a cartoon over CG animation.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I didn't even bother finishing the first short. It's simply dull.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 05:10 PM   #6
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I don't think these shorts were meant to be anything beyond just a little bit of fun they can share online and at the con for our patience during this hiatus.

But you may be partially right. They could be an experiment of different formats for the show itself to garner a possibility of a future incarnations.

I personally liked the Auman short as a potential anime version of the series as opposed to the two part ova that was unleashed in Japan years ago.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

I bet the show gets cancelled after season 6 and the Raph bs. Don short gets the nod to go into production as a series.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:44 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

I hope not, unless Turtles Take Time is the one they go with. That was perfect.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:49 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If anything... I'd be the least surprised over the more grown-looking version in the 'Time' short. Sooner or later a next series with young adult-looking and acting Turtles will be refreshing again after all the Nick angst. lol But if they were inspired by those in that short... at least cut back on the PD-like steroids a bit. (If they'd be inspired by PD at all for a series, there is definitely fan art out there I would not mind seeing them take inspiration from instead.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:24 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

No. I don't think Pizza Friday and Raph vs Don are worthy if being rebooted into a new show, I see them as seperate tiny universes just made for laughs and not intended to be entirely seperate large scale universe like FW, 4kids or Nick.

I found the turtles in time short to be too similar to the Nick show to be eligible for a reboot, but the only part which I think has potential to turn into a seperate reboot is the short bit with the turtles being drawn like the bay/4kids in anime style.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:23 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If anything, testing the waters for the artistic stylings of the next Nicktoon.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:52 AM   #12
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'd love a mini series of Raph vs Don, but beyond that I'm good. They where fun shorts, but nothing that'd would be any interesting as a full series.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:23 AM   #13
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I thinkthat short where the i fight the tutrles i mean the one who they look like monsters will be morel likely to be a reboot. And this time i will kill the turtles once and for all!!!

Last edited by shredder orokusaki; 08-01-2016 at 06:29 AM.
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:43 AM   #14
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

the most we would get would be a movie like the revisioned tomb raider series or Batman: Gotham Knight

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:08 AM   #15
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
And this time i will kill the turtles once and for all!!!
Keep dreaming Shredder baby. Keep dreaming.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I thinkthat short where the i fight the tutrles i mean the one who they look like monsters will be morel likely to be a reboot. And this time i will kill the turtles once and for all!!!
Go home, "Shredder," you're drunk.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #17
sdp
-

less than a year from when this thread was started a new animated show is announced that is described as I very much think that the new show will be similar to these shorts. Comedy focused but they still have action and a story inside them. I also think the new show might be 12 minutes shorts each. |

I'd absolutely love it if it was like the time scepter short as it has my favorite art style. Now I don't think Rise of the TMNT will necessarily be like any of the shorts but I do think it'll be similar in tone.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
less than a year from when this thread was started a new animated show is announced that is described as I very much think that the new show will be similar to these shorts. Comedy focused but they still have action and a story inside them. I also think the new show might be 12 minutes shorts each. |

I'd absolutely love it if it was like the time scepter short as it has my favorite art style. Now I don't think Rise of the TMNT will necessarily be like any of the shorts but I do think it'll be similar in tone.
I'm sure whatever format the new show is in, it won't be anything like these shorts.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #19
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm sure whatever format the new show is in, it won't be anything like these shorts.
I don't think any of them were intended to be the outright basis of a pilot, simply a way for them to test the waters and find the sweet spot that they're aiming for with the new series
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #20
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

I think in a way they were trials for them to get a idea of what they want to go for.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote