The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's your favourite Sailor Senshi?
Sailor Moon 0 0%
Sailor Mercury 0 0%
Sailor Mars 1 12.50%
Sailor Jupiter 7 87.50%
Sailor Venus 0 0%
Sailor Uranus 0 0%
Sailor Neptune 0 0%
Sailor Saturn 0 0%
Sailor Pluto 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #41
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Wow surprised many voted for Jupiter too.

I liked her because in the game she can do strong wrestling moves and lightning power is formidable.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:13 AM   #42
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I am surprised as well, back in the day it seemed that all the other scouts were more popular then Jupiter, wow, how times have changed.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #43
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Voted Jupiter, but I've never actually watched it, so I don't really have one. Just picked Jupiter because it's the ruling planet of my star sign, so I guess I'd like her.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:58 AM   #44
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I am surprised as well, back in the day it seemed that all the other scouts were more popular then Jupiter, wow, how times have changed.
Maybe it's just a coincidence that Jupiter happens to be the most popular one here.

But tbh, Jupiter is a nice girl and doesn't have any quirks that annoy or piss people off. So I can see why people like her.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:14 AM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Maybe it's just a coincidence that Jupiter happens to be the most popular one here.

But tbh, Jupiter is a nice girl and doesn't have any quirks that annoy or piss people off. So I can see why people like her.
Her only 'quirk' is she seems scary and unapproachable to the average person due to her height and rough tough attitude. We, the viewers, get to see she's really a big sweetheart.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:55 AM   #46
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Her only 'quirk' is she seems scary and unapproachable to the average person due to her height and rough tough attitude. We, the viewers, get to see she's really a big sweetheart.
She's tall... for a teenage Japanese girl, maybe. Average female height in Japan isn't very high. Usagi Tsukino is pretty short and all of the heights listed for the characters online(provided they're legit) aren't impressive either, not even for Jupiter. I mostly see her being listed as being 168cm tall... which is only a bit taller than average in most developed nations for a woman. But considering your average Japanese woman is around 157cm I guess she looks pretty tall in comparison with other girls around her age.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #47
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
She is pretty much hard on the outside, but soft on the inside if that makes sense.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #48
Prowler
Emperor

We don't really see her in her "tough girl" self much other than the few times we see her taking down thugs who decided to mess with weaker and innocent people. So I guess she's just misunderstood.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #49
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
We don't really see her in her "tough girl" self much other than the few times we see her taking down thugs who decided to mess with weaker and innocent people. So I guess she's just misunderstood.
Taking on thugs, The Villains' minions with out transforming, duking it out with Sailor Uranus, some cases, her and her fellow guardians do take a beating only to get up and win in the end. Granted, Sailor Moon took the worse beatings in these moments, Had a great death scene in season 1, only to be "Wish" back of course. I think she has proven she is pretty tough. She is the muscle of the group after all.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Taking on thugs, The Villains' minions with out transforming, duking it out with Sailor Uranus, some cases, her and her fellow guardians do take a beating only to get up and win in the end. Granted, Sailor Moon took the worse beatings in these moments, Had a great death scene in season 1, only to be "Wish" back of course. I think she has proven she is pretty tough. She is the muscle of the group after all.
Yeah, she can take on a lot of guys. But seems like a good girl at the end of the day. And tbh, she seems level headed and mature enough. So I definitely see her appeal. I also think she's the nicest girl alongside Mercury. Both Jupiter and Mercury don't really have any "jerk" or "bitch" moments in the series, including all versions I've seen/read. And also don't really have any annoying moments either.

Anyway, I've always felt Mars and Venus were the most popular. I feel like whenever I tell a girl that Mars is my favourite I get the usual laugh/smile followed by "of course, guys always have Mars as their favourite since she's so pretty". Let's not forget SM actually has a surprisingly large male fanbase, and large chunks of that fanbase finds Mars and Venus attractive.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #51
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Introduction of Sailor Jupiter comparing the 2 versions, the 90's series and its reboot. Both cases she turns up in a heroic saving of Usagi from thugs, and in the reboot, saving Usagi from being run over from a car, because you know its Usagi lol. Than they keep the same scene of her sneaking up to see if she can nab some food. I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOt6VnHiMGY
Old 09-16-2019, 05:50 PM   #52
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, she can take on a lot of guys. But seems like a good girl at the end of the day. And tbh, she seems level headed and mature enough. So I definitely see her appeal. I also think she's the nicest girl alongside Mercury. Both Jupiter and Mercury don't really have any "jerk" or "bitch" moments in the series, including all versions I've seen/read. And also don't really have any annoying moments either.

Anyway, I've always felt Mars and Venus were the most popular. I feel like whenever I tell a girl that Mars is my favourite I get the usual laugh/smile followed by "of course, guys always have Mars as their favourite since she's so pretty". Let's not forget SM actually has a surprisingly large male fanbase, and large chunks of that fanbase finds Mars and Venus attractive.

Judging from alll of the above, it sounds like I chose well, lol!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote