The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-02-2007, 09:10 PM   #201
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier

Why are Raph and Leo fighting? And man Raph looks more muscular than the other turtles.
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:17 PM   #202
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Guy View Post
Why are Raph and Leo fighting? And man Raph looks more muscular than the other turtles.
They always fight, no surprise there. This time I believe it's over Raph's Nightwatcher persona.

Also, Raph is supposed to be buff, he's the tough guy.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #203
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
They always fight, no surprise there. This time I believe it's over Raph's Nightwatcher persona.

Also, Raph is supposed to be buff, he's the tough guy.
They always fight? I don't know much about the Turtles, but what do they usuaylly fight over? And do they fight to the death?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #204
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
They always fight? I don't know much about the Turtles, but what do they usuaylly fight over?
They have clashing personalities; they just fight.

Quote:
And do they fight to the death?
What do you think?

(I should get a prize for restraining myself here.)
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #205
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
They have clashing personalities; they just fight.

What do you think?

(I should get a prize for restraining myself here.)

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I don't know many brothers who fight to the death.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #206
mik8la
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
No, the real cliffhanger: Does Casey get some from April?
Uh...the sad thing is, you may be right.

Quote:
He does! It's one of the first things I noticed when I saw the first stills. In one of the pics where they're all in right profile you can't help but zero in on how Raph's neck is a lot thicker than any of his brothers'. In the new 'toon, he was always working out with barbells and such; it's a nice touch.

As for the fighting...it's what they do. On the other hand, you don't know how much Raph cares about you until he threatens to beat your skull in. As for that 'to the death' thing...gee, I think Splinter would kill them both first if they did something like that.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #207
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik8la View Post
Uh...the sad thing is, you may be right.

He does! It's one of the first things I noticed when I saw the first stills. In one of the pics where they're all in right profile you can't help but zero in on how Raph's neck is a lot thicker than any of his brothers'. In the new 'toon, he was always working out with barbells and such; it's a nice touch.

As for the fighting...it's what they do. On the other hand, you don't know how much Raph cares about you until he threatens to beat your skull in. As for that 'to the death' thing...gee, I think Splinter would kill them both first if they did something like that.
So they don't try to kill each other, ok that's cool. Thanks for helping to answer that. I don't know much about the turtles so I got a ton of questions on my mind.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #208
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
So they don't try to kill each other, ok that's cool. Thanks for helping to answer that. I don't know much about the turtles so I got a ton of questions on my mind.
Out of curiosity, if you don't know much about the TMNT, what peeked your curiosity enough to start posting here?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #209
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Out of curiosity, if you don't know much about the TMNT, what peeked your curiosity enough to start posting here?
The movie and new toon. I used to watch the original 80's cartoon, but I didn't know about the original comics till last year.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #210
mik8la
Thug

Hey, same here! I was a fan of the original toon, and I admit that moving from there to the turtles' other incarnations is a bit jarring. For one thing, their personalities are a bit more pronounced and multi-layered--I remember years ago when I saw the first movie and was startled by how much of an a$$hole Raphael was, because I was so used to his easygoing, wisecracking self in the original series. But then I got sucked into the new 'toon and realized from the comics that they'd captured and dimensionalized his personality nicely, and I'm really looking forward to this new movie to do the same for all of the turtles.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #211
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

Raph and Leo have always fought one another in every genre of TMNT, except in the 1980s cartoon due to clashing personalities and Raph likes to challenge Leo's authority. When you watch the new cartoon, you would recognize what we are talking about. A good example is in the Shredder Strikes part I.

Mikey: "A fight between Leo and Raph?"
Donnie: "Oh, I did not see that coming."

If you go to the official website and look at the profiles between Leo and Raph, you would understand even more.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #212
mik8la
Thug

Well, it's been a while and I'm not sure if it still works, but Roseangelo put up a link to download all of the pics on this page. It's a Megaupload link.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #213
Roseangelo
Emperor

Yes, the link still works.

And thank you for not directly linking to it; I've been avoiding that on purpose.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #214
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, basically...

Leo is very strait-laced, by the book, very obediant. While Raph is a rebelious and hot-headed loner. Leo sometimes feels Raph is too out of control and his reckless abandon and loner attitude puts himself and the team in danger, and Raph feels that Leo is too uptight and too afraid to take chances, and he used to be jealous of Leo being the leader. So they're fights range from simple bickering to full on fist fights. But they are really close.

But if you got questions, just ask them, we'll answer
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:06 AM   #215
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
And do they fight to the death?
Yes. And Raphael kills Leonardo in that duel. That is why Leo has no reflection later on:

But Leo doesn't know (nor does the audience) that he's dead until the very end, as he's the Bruce Willis of the TMNT universe.

See, people? It all makes perfect sense now.

(tongue-in-cheek guys, tongue-in-cheek)

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!

Last edited by Sewer Bull; 01-03-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #216
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Yes. And Raphael kills Leonardo in that duel. That is why Leo has no reflection later on:

But Leo doesn't know (nor does the audience) that he's dead until the very end, as he's the Bruce Willis of the TMNT universe.

See, people? It all makes perfect sense now.

(tongue-in-cheek guys, tongue-in-cheek)
That was a pretty funny analogy, Sewer Bull.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #217
TMNT
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Raph and Leo are fighting over the Nightwatcher thing. As for the ending, I'm confused. Apparently Winters isn't the bad guy we thought he was and going by the pictures, Karai seems to be in truce with the guys. If anyone has any guesses, let's hear them. Concerning the Shredder's return, it's been stated countless times that he won't be here. Yet I still believe his presence will be there (that too spirtual?). I don't think he'll appear but maybe a Batman Begins type ending (with the Joker card)...that would be a nice touch. I'm thinking a shot of the trophy room and all of a sudden Shredder's helmet falls or something subtle like that. If he does appear, it'll be all flashback.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #218
Roseangelo
Emperor

Based on the handful of plot synopsises I've read on various pages, I *think* it might be the case that while Winters is responsible for the monster invasion, the whole thing ends up backfiring on him and he ends up fighting against the monsters himself.

I'm not exactly sure of the Foot's involvement, but perhaps everyone gets together to fight the monsters.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #219
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Yes, the link still works.

And thank you for not directly linking to it; I've been avoiding that on purpose.

and thank you for doing that, Roseangelo! i was at my parents' when i saw them on the net, and when i finally got home a day later, went to look at them all and they were all gone! then i saw you had done that and got em! so cheers!

and sewerbull

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #220
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
They always fight? I don't know much about the Turtles, but what do they usuaylly fight over? And do they fight to the death?
I doubt that they fight to the death. It would be pretty bad to kill one of the TMNT, since none of them have died in other incarnations (not the ones that matter, anyway). Also, Leo and Raph love each other, they just get caught up in the heat of an argument. None of the Turtles would kill another deliberately, although they get carried away (in the original comics, Raph went after Mike with a wrench or something, and in the heat of the moment he wanted to kill Mike but after the fight, he felt terrible and thought there must be something wrong with him).

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote