The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 01:03 AM   #3621
newfan
Mad Scientist

I suppose to experiment a bit and maybe for those who wanted someone else to have a shot, that being said, if Raph isn't staying leader I wonder how they will play it out, so not to hurt the character.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:03 AM   #3622
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I hope Raphael stays Leader and makes Cubed go on rants on the level of turtle nostrils.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:10 AM   #3623
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I mean I still prefer the old turtle dynamic. But with this show, I thought I'll be interesting to see something a bit different. Who is Leo without the pressure of leadership and what would Raphael be like as a leader?
If you're going to do something, just go through with it. If not, then what was the point?
I feel like the only way for Raphael to step down is for him to screw up and fail. I'll wait and see, but I feel like there's no other way around that.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:13 AM   #3624
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Leonardo will become the leader, its already been more or less said in interviews and alluded to. The question is when...I think probably right before the end of Season 1 at the latest.
So they just want to rub in Raph's face again that he's a terrible leader? We had that in 2012 though where he froze in panic and Mikey fainted.

These spoilers interviews are doing more harm than good lol.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:19 AM   #3625
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So they just want to rub in Raph's face again that he's a terrible leader? We had that in 2012 though where he froze in panic and Mikey fainted.
That scene made me cringe.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:35 AM   #3626
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

These spoilers interviews are doing more harm than good lol.
Mikey didn’t faint, Snakeweed slammed him against the wall and hit his head, he was unconscious until the end of the episode.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:54 AM   #3627
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I mean I still prefer the old turtle dynamic. But with this show, I thought I'll be interesting to see something a bit different. Who is Leo without the pressure of leadership and what would Raphael be like as a leader?
If you're going to do something, just go through with it. If not, then what was the point?
I feel like the only way for Raphael to step down is for him to screw up and fail. I'll wait and see, but I feel like there's no other way around that.
Couldn't Raph voluntarily give Leo the leadership role?
Old 03-09-2018, 08:25 AM   #3628
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
Couldn't Raph voluntarily give Leo the leadership role?
I'm thinking that may happen. Raph will likely realize that he's too itching to go into battle to be strategic. He's sees Leo as more intelligent and knows he likes to be more careful. Leo's "rebel charm" may be due to how he casually dislikes or refuses to go with Raph's lack of strategy which could put the brothers at risk.

Tbh, I think we are past the point where the turtles even need a leader. Even Raph can agree that they all act as a unit when they work and plan things together. That's what makes the turtles work. Not talking about this show, just the TMNT IP in general.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 03-09-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #3629
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Yeah that could work.
As long as it's not some type of screw up situation, then it's fine.

We already got enough of failure Raphael in the 2012 series
Old 03-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #3630
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I'm thinking that may happen. Raph will likely realize that he's too itching to go into battle to be strategic. He's sees Leo as more intelligent and knows he likes to be more careful. Leo's "rebel charm" may be due to how he casually dislikes or refuses to go with Raph's lack of strategy which could put the brothers at risk.

Tbh, I think we are past the point where the turtles even need a leader. Even Raph can agree that they all act as a unit when they work and plan things together. That's what makes the turtles work. Not talking about this show, just the TMNT IP in general.
This makes me wonder ...

What would happen if Donatello or Michelangelo were the leader?
Old 03-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #3631
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

We already got enough of failure Raphael in the 2012 series
2012 Raph didn't make any more mistakes than Leo/Mike/Don did, all the Turtles had equal successes and failures in various episodes.

Also judging by this shows descriptions we're going back to muscle-bound meathead Raph, whereas Nick Raph really had the perfect balance of personalities. I'm gonna miss Sean Astin's voice for him too.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:44 AM   #3632
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm still shocked at how much I enjoyed the non-pro voice cast for the 2012 show.
I seriously thought they were going to be distracting, but they were fantastic.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #3633
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
2012 Raph didn't make any more mistakes than Leo/Mike/Don did, all the Turtles had equal successes and failures in various episodes.

Also judging by this shows descriptions we're going back to muscle-bound meathead Raph, whereas Nick Raph really had the perfect balance of personalities. I'm gonna miss Sean Astin's voice for him too.
Yeah I'll miss Sean's voice too, the sound of the new guy at least kinda matches that design though. (the little I heard)
They did all have failures and success though I'm not sure everyone on here feels that they were equal (just picked up from comments in the past), people may notice things more than others with their favourite/s also.. .... Raph is your favourite isn't he?

Last edited by newfan; 03-09-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #3634
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Really? All his stand alone episodes seemed to be about him making mistakes.
I can’t think of any successful standout moments with that character. Maybe except for the finale?
Old 03-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #3635
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are you being serious? Saving his brothers from Slash when he was first mutated? Working with Xever when they were in Baxter's maze thing in Season 1? Leo/Raph being considered the "A team" when Mike/Don were considered the "B team."
Old 03-09-2018, 12:35 PM   #3636
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I honestly forgot about the A/B Team episode. Though now I do recall disliking it, not because of Raph or Leo, but due to Don's and Mikey's B team status.
I can't remember the Xever one either. It wasn't rememberable, at least in my opinion.
Slash and Destroy was a good episode, but I guess you can say that Raph's frustration did lead to Spike getting mutated in the first place. All the turtles do have their mistakes, but his character seemed to revolve around that more.
I'm not trying to say that Raphael is the only one whose character was a bit iffy, I had alot of issues with Don (he used to be my favorite in the 2012 series) and Mikey as well. Leonardo growth seemed fine and consistent, which was nice to watch.

But is that it? I need to rewatch the entire series again.

Last edited by Xiewin; 03-09-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #3637
dawwe
Foot Soldier

As I think I've written before, I'm not really a huge fan of this but I still want to see it in motion before I fully judge it. And it's been pointed out I believe that this could lead into something more along the lines of the turtles we are used to if the cartoon gets to that point.

The thing I am talking about is issue 9 of the Mirage comic where we see the pre-teen turtles. There are some similarities between this new cartoon and those turtles. Raphael has the same headband and tonfas. Mikey has a weapon kinda like the one in Rise, Leo only has one sword and Don is left out since he has the same normal staff as he has later on in the comic.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #3638
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Maybe they could have done that without making raph leader though? Lol
Exactly. My question is, if Leo has to earn it this time (as if he wouldn't normally already have off screen prior the time period that any series starts in their lives)... then why does Raph just get to take it rather than earn it?

Still though... don't like this concept. Crappy no matter the angle. Want my boy portrayed as the character he should be, in all respects. But then, where the leader part is concerned, it's basically gotta throw Raph under the bus, which, though he's a pain in the rear, I don't want happening to any of them either. Can't win either way.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #3639
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Calm down everyone, there's no confirmation of anything about Leonardo eventually taking over. Leo's my favourite turtle, and yet I wanna see Raph succeed as a leader, but its best to reserve judgement until we get some proper confirmation.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #3640
CyberCubed
Overlord

One of the interviews said Raphael will be the leader "for now," his bio says "self-appointed leader" as opposed to Splinter choosing him as the leader, and Leonardo's description implies he's a bit of a rebel and argues with Raph likely leading to his leadership skills.

It's the same thing as Shredder showing up. Shredder has not been mentioned once, but we know he will appear eventually. The Foot are in this, Hamato Yoshi is Splinter, Baron Draxum isn't going to be the only villain for the whole show besides random mutants, etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters