The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #201
Ninjinister
無問題

I asked this in a topic of its own a LAFTA, but it's dropped to page two, so I suppose I can ask it again here:

I got my copy of Shell Shock today (great stuff, by the way), and I noticed that there's a 1989 copyright for Pteranoman and the Cave Babes by Donald Simpson in the story "Teen Techno Turtle Trio Plus One!". I figured, since the Triple T +1 and Splicer weren't mentioned, that they must have some other use in comics.

So I check Google, and find Pteranoman #1 was published in April 1990. So, I figured maybe he was part of another series before getting his own comic. However, according to TripAtlas.com, he was part of another comic series, Megaton Man, but only after having his own comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://tripatlas.com/Megaton_Man#Pteranoman
An anthropomorhic Pterosaur, Pteranoman is basically a human dinosaur, but had his own comic series prior to being amalgamated into Megaton Mans' fiascoverse.
The International Catalogue of Superheroes indicates that Pteranoman's first appearance is Pteranoman #1 ( http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/p/pterano.htm ). How can this be if he appeared in Shell Shock before that? Then again, this same site says Casey Jones' first appearance was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1.

So my question is, which of the information is correct, and would he be considered crossed over or spun off with/from TMNT?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #202
funatic
Mad Scientist

does anyone have a link to the big 2-page pinup in the back of TMNT #50 (v1) - the one with all the turtles and supporting characters, drawn by various artists?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #203
Hamel
Thug

Some time ago I asked about the comics and was answerd that Mirage will reprint the collected ediotions for the 25th Anniversary
any word about that yet?
Hamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #204
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yes, they're still being reprinted. If you go over to the General TMNT forum, there is a thread called 25 Anniversary Releases, that has a list of pretty much everything confirmed so far.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #205
Hamel
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Yes, they're still being reprinted. If you go over to the General TMNT forum, there is a thread called 25 Anniversary Releases, that has a list of pretty much everything confirmed so far.
Is there a date for the collection of Mirage Vol.1?
Hamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #206
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Not an exact one. It'll be in the Previews catalog at your comic shop for June I believe... which I think is the next one.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #207
CyberCubed
Overlord

When did the TMNT meet the Flaming Carrot for the first time? In the Flaming Carrot crossover, he already knows the Turtles as if they already went on a mission together.

Was there some sort of one-shot or crossover before that 4-issue mini-series where the TMNT and Flaming Carrot teamed up?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #208
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Was there some sort of one-shot or crossover before that 4-issue mini-series where the TMNT and Flaming Carrot teamed up?
Yes. Flaming Carrot 25, 26, and 27.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #209
CyberCubed
Overlord

^ Would you recommend a TMNT fan to track down those Flaming Carrot issues? I have no interest in that character much, but if the Turtles play a decent-sized role I might want to get it.

The official site has no info on those issues, does anyone know what they're about? Are they worth getting for the TMNT?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #210
Cipher
Foot Elite

In the second TMNT/Savage Dragon Crossover (the one with the Complete Carnage clone), my copy appears to have two pages mixed up. As Raph is being attacked by Carnage, towards the middle of the issue, a page or two are out of order, which offsets what should be a two-page spread (with one side now printed on back of the other).

Is this a problem in all copies, or did I get some miraculously rare misprint?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #211
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
In the second TMNT/Savage Dragon Crossover (the one with the Complete Carnage clone), my copy appears to have two pages mixed up. As Raph is being attacked by Carnage, towards the middle of the issue, a page or two are out of order, which offsets what should be a two-page spread (with one side now printed on back of the other).

Is this a problem in all copies, or did I get some miraculously rare misprint?
My copy is like that too, so I doubt it. I agree it looks really strange, they must have misplaced an ad somewhere as I assume the original intent was to have it be a two-page spread.

On that note, tracking down Savage Dragon #22 to see the conclusion to that story was a pain, I got it off ebay a few years ago.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #212
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
My copy is like that too, so I doubt it. I agree it looks really strange, they must have misplaced an ad somewhere as I assume the original intent was to have it be a two-page spread.

On that note, tracking down Savage Dragon #22 to see the conclusion to that story was a pain, I got it off ebay a few years ago.
Yeah, I think it did have something to do with an ad. Thanks for letting me know.

And I've yet to read Savage Dragon #22 myself. If I can just get that and, I believe the Shell Shock collection (?), I'll have every Complete Carnage story printed.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #213
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quick Question: Is Mako, the shark creature, in Image from the Savage Dragon universe?

Seems silly to put a shark mutant in Image and not use Armaggon. Where does the shark, "Mako" come from?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #214
drasgow
Foot Soldier

mako is from savage dragon. just another freak from chicago.
drasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #215
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
^ Would you recommend a TMNT fan to track down those Flaming Carrot issues? I have no interest in that character much, but if the Turtles play a decent-sized role I might want to get it.

The official site has no info on those issues, does anyone know what they're about? Are they worth getting for the TMNT?
I just got mine from here: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=130211

Bob Burden's also offering them from his site: http://www.flamingcarrot.com/FC/ForSale/index.html

They're fun, wacky issues. Raph is the highlight of the issues, as he...

Spoiler:
gets amnesia, and Flaming Carrot turns him into his protege, the Dark Avenger.

EDIT: Also here: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/80sandbe...&submit=Search

Last edited by Ninjinister; 04-16-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #216
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm gonna have to order them. I've already gotten the issues of Savage Dragon the Turtles appeared in, such as issue #2 and #22...the latter of which is a continuation of the Complete Carnage story from Mirage's Savage Dragon crossovers.

New question: Did we ever find out who the cat creature was at Splinter's funeral? I now recognize the golem from Tales #10, but who is the cat creature?

I thought he may be one of the creatures from those Tales with the 4 Leo's, since there were cat creatures there, but I don't know if any be-friended the Turtles.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #217
Not So Teenage Terd-le
Random Punk

I know all about the cartoon tmnt but I am still trying to piece together the Mirage universe.
-In the cartoon Leatherhead was an enemy but I don't get that feeling in the recent tmnt books. What is up with him?
-Was the technodrome, Rocksteady, Bebop, and/or Krang ever in the Mirage books?
Not So Teenage Terd-le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #218
Ninjinister
無問題

-Leatherhead is not a villain. Him being one was exclusive to the '80's toon. He has only fought against the TMNT on occasion, but that is due to other things, such as a misunderstanding or mind-control.

-Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady made cameo appearances in the recent Tales of the TMNT #58, being represented in the TMNT Adventures universe.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #219
Not So Teenage Terd-le
Random Punk

Okay what about Metalhead? I remember him being a robot turtle but in the comics he looks like a normal guy with crazy hair.
Not So Teenage Terd-le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #220
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not So Teenage Terd-le View Post
Okay what about Metalhead? I remember him being a robot turtle but in the comics he looks like a normal guy with crazy hair.
Two different characters.

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions