The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #61
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouisguy View Post
I cannot think of any continuity flubs this reading order would present. I am rereading the entire series and will try it in that order. I will let you know if it presents a problem.
I know the main reason the April micro was put where it was was because of the editor's note saying it took place between #12 and #13, and the Casey micro leads directly into #13, so there was no other place to put it. However, if there are no actual contradictions, after #14 is where I will personally put it. The main plot point of the Blood Brothers story arc is that
Spoiler:
Casey moves in, but if I recall correctly, he's not even in the April micro.

I guess it's premature to say Fugitoid can take place after #16 since it's not out yet, but hopefully it works out!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #62
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Sorry for the double post, but Bobby has already replied! Sounds like it has his unofficial blessing. Works for me!

Quote:
That all sounds reasonable. And your assessment is largely right: I don't want to say an issue takes place in between issues that won't come out for several months, especially when it doesn't make a real difference.

It's especially easy to figure this stuff out AFTER the issues are out... it's easier to see how things could possibly slot in. It's a lot harder to juggle continuity BEFORE the issues come out, and the future ongoing stories are even written.

I'm not thinking about it hard right now, but I don't see any reason why your placement wouldn't work, and i agree it might make things a bit smoother, when reading all of them together.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #63
ToTheNines
[sic]

Sorry Matchy, but I like my way better. Main reason being, #15 refers to Slash's escape from Stockgen as "two weeks ago". Casey micro and Sins of the Father are compact enough to fit in between the April micro and Blood Brothers.

Verdict is still out on Fugitoid, but I'd say right before #17 is just fine. It could really go anywhere between that and #12 since most of it is flashback.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #64
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

No worries, to each his own. Though that is a good point about the "two weeks" narration, IDW definitely jumps around in its timeline, so either fits, really.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #65
Chris
Mad Scientist

Moved the annual to it's correct placement before 15/16.

Regarding April - I think Matches is right to say that reading the book in arcs then April fits, thematically, before Blood Brothers. But chronologically Nines is right, the original placement between 12 and Casey is correct. All comes down to how you like to read your comics I guess. I'm going to leave the timeline with the chronological version of events, but either way is valid (same for the placement of Fugitoid).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #66
ToTheNines
[sic]

Bobby confirmed that Secret History of the Foot Clan takes place after the Krang War arc. http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewt...=325940#325939
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #67
Chris
Mad Scientist

I've moved Krang War from "Upcoming" to Feb 2012 as it follows pretty much straight on from Blood Brothers and Secret History to "Early 2012" as there's no indication how much/little time there is between the two stories (could be days, could be weeks) and I don't want to put a month on it unless it can be worked out/confirmed "in universe".

Also added the 7 issue arc to the "Upcoming" section.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #68
ToTheNines
[sic]

Not sure how thorough you were looking to get with your list, but there's some flashback stuff in #15 detailing Slash's origin.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #69
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I've been a bit focused on the present day stuff recently. When Secret History and Krang War are done I'll go back and update all the flashback stuff. Thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #70
snake
Disgusting

Anyone have any idea where SHOTFC can go?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #71
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Bobby's said it goes between "Krang War" and "City Fall" chronologically. So the ongoing hasn't caught up to where it belongs, yet.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #72
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
First post of the thread, bud.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #73
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
First post of the thread, bud.
Soooo, after 20?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #74
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Bobby's said it goes between "Krang War" and "City Fall" chronologically. So the ongoing hasn't caught up to where it belongs, yet.
I had been wondering about this. Makes sense, also explains why we've already been told that they'll come back from Dimension X victorious.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #75
Chris
Mad Scientist

Updated with City Fall and the next round of Micros (placements to be decided)
Old 02-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #76
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Some folks have been e-mailing me to add one to TMNT Entity for a while now, so I put up a version of the timeline on my site: IDW TMNT Continuity Timeline

I made sure to link back to this thread and give the proper credit to ToTheNines and Chris for keeping track of things (as well as Bobby for openly answering placement questions).

My version's essentially the same, except that instead of separating the clusters of issues by publication year, I did it around story arcs in the ongoing. For the titles, I used the trade paperbacks as a guide since the issues themselves are untitled.

Inquiries:

Was the 2-issue Slash arc titled "Blood Brothers" or "Brothers in Blood"? I can never remember.

TMNT #5 didn't have a separate title from the other issues in the "Enemies Old, Enemies New" arc, did it?

Any other arc titles I might have overlooked?
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #77
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Some folks have been e-mailing me to add one to TMNT Entity for a while now, so I put up a version of the timeline on my site: IDW TMNT Continuity Timeline

I made sure to link back to this thread and give the proper credit to ToTheNines and Chris for keeping track of things (as well as Bobby for openly answering placement questions).

My version's essentially the same, except that instead of separating the clusters of issues by publication year, I did it around story arcs in the ongoing. For the titles, I used the trade paperbacks as a guide since the issues themselves are untitled.

Inquiries:

Was the 2-issue Slash arc titled "Blood Brothers" or "Brothers in Blood"? I can never remember.

TMNT #5 didn't have a separate title from the other issues in the "Enemies Old, Enemies New" arc, did it?

Blood brothers is the name of the arc
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #78
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Very cool.

Quote:
My version's essentially the same, except that instead of separating the clusters of issues by publication year, I did it around story arcs in the ongoing.
Well the idea is actually in-story year, but I can see myself having to give that up as the book goes on unless we get Christmas/New Years stuff once every blue moon.

Quote:

It was untitled but was still collected with them, so it's fine where you have it.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #79
Chris
Mad Scientist

Awesome work as always Spengler.

As Snakeweed said, 15-16 was Blood Brothers. Regarding #5 - there was no separate title. The issue works equally well as an epilogue to Change is Constant or as a prologue to Enemies Old, Enemies New. I went with Enemies Old, Enemies New since that's where it's collected, but if you're breaking things up by arc you could just as easily group it with Change is Constant, a break for the first 2 micros, then the 3 part Enemies Old, Enemies New (plus Donatello, Hero Comics, Infestation, etc).

Quick question - how come you moved Fugitoid to between 16 and 17? I know it sets up 17 but I thought it was agreed that chronologically it came between 14 and 15? Just wondering if I missed something and needed to update my timeline!

Just updated my timeline with the Krang micro series. Since Bobby said it acts as an epilogue to Krang War I've put it after 20 (seems like there's a nice gap there with Bobby saying 21/City Fall is a month or 2 after Krang War and Secret History takes place at some point during that gap).
Old 02-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #80
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Quick question - how come you moved Fugitoid to between 16 and 17? I know it sets up 17 but I thought it was agreed that chronologically it came between 14 and 15? Just wondering if I missed something and needed to update my timeline!
I've always had it right before #17 in mine. The only continuity clue we have is that it takes place after #12, it just seems unnecessary to place it away from Krang War if doesn't have to be.

All we see is Chet walking into a Foot building and looking up at Shredder, so there's nothing that jumps out and places it anywhere specifically.

Tags
timeline