The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #1141
Rewdog
Thug

$50 to ship to the UK, that puts me out of the game
Rewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #1142
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
Yeah they truly need to write some script so the website doesn't charge shipping for each item but does combined shipping. They losing sales based on the shipping cost
As someone that is running an ecommerce site that has the same back end as MONDO and an IT guy by trade...I can tell you they can. Not sure if they dont have the know how or what but it can be done.

I incur quite an additional expense adding pre-orders to my site for example. There may be something like that causing the issue too.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #1143
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

They look super cool, but yeah... $70+ total is a bit outrageous. Perhaps I could offset the cost by flipping a Mondo poster or two on eBay.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #1144
ProdUK
Thug

Ordered at a total of $104.50 to the uk gotta try and forget about that postage cost!
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:18 PM   #1145
silvertone
Random Punk

Nice job on the 48 hour window but the cost of shipping to Canada is brutal and so I won't be buying.
silvertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #1146
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
Note that the exclusive is a 48 hour window, instead of super duper limited. Seeing how it works with these guys, and if you like it or not.
Well I'm in for two sets of each. I was rather upset this afternoon when I just happened to catch the email while at work thinking I had probably already missed out. I ended up jumping over to Mondo's site so quickly that I never had a chance to read about the 48 hour availability window.

But thanks Brockotter for trying out a new approach for the exclusives. I don't know if this arose from the suggestions here or was something Mondo was planning for some time anyway, but I hope it works out well, both for you and all of the fans.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #1147
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

I was reading fast at work today and thought $19.80 was the only shipping option. $15.80 isn't as terrible, a few bucks cheaper would definitely be more reasonable, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on an exclusive MOUSERS set! These look fantastic and I know I won't regret my purchase, especially when the turtles are posed beside these guys on their reserved shelf. Can't wait!!!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #1148
Dizmone
Thug

Like others, I sped through the checkout process with fear of missing out, only to find out about the 48 hour window afterwards.

There is some shakey-hand excitement when a limited number product that you want pops up for preorder and you successfully get one. I also enjoy knowing my purchase is indeed limited, there is sense of pride owning a scarce piece of memorabilia.

With that, I prefer this new method so that everyone gets a reasonable chance to purchase an exclusive. I'm sure most of us are more concerned about acquiring something we really want over wanting only a handful of other collectors to have the same item.

Shipping is a bummer, but I won't even start to complain about that after reading the costs fans are enduring outside the US. Only nice thing is, by the time we receive the product, we will have recuperated the cost or had time to get over the shock.

Thanks Brock for breathing some life back into this thread as we wait a few more months for Leo to ship out.
Dizmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #1149
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

I have some questions. It seems many of you are into the "limited" nature of these figures, however after glancing at the website, it doesn't say how many pieces each run is limited to.
The mouser exclusive purchasing window is open for 48 hours, so the exclusivity is just a limited ordering window? So basically it is just limited to however many orders they receive in that time frame? Hypothetically that could be a lot, so maybe these aren't as limited as they might seem?

I'm used to the limited edition vinyl collectibles where you know exactly how many pieces are in that particular run. That does not seem to be the case with these unless I've missed some bit of information that would indicate otherwise.

*edit- I'm specifically talking about the mouser figures. I can see some of the turtle figures indicate how many pieces are in the run.

Last edited by Lil Karai; 04-04-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #1150
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdUK View Post
Ordered at a total of $104.50 to the uk gotta try and forget about that postage cost!
I'll join you in on this one and maybe it will be easier then for the both of us to forget haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
*edit- I'm specifically talking about the mouser figures. I can see some of the turtle figures indicate how many pieces are in the run.
Perhaps our otter (other otter, offer other otter.. ^^) will reveal numbers after the 48 hour window
Old 04-05-2016, 07:22 AM   #1151
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
I have some questions. It seems many of you are into the "limited" nature of these figures, however after glancing at the website, it doesn't say how many pieces each run is limited to.
The mouser exclusive purchasing window is open for 48 hours, so the exclusivity is just a limited ordering window? So basically it is just limited to however many orders they receive in that time frame? Hypothetically that could be a lot, so maybe these aren't as limited as they might seem?
You are completely correct. There's no way of knowing how limited these will really be. But the way the Turtles were sold (all of the inventory of the limited run released at once) made it very easy for fans to miss out if they didn't have the option of camping in front of a computer at the release time. It also makes Mondo's products prime targets for scalpers. They can buy multiples of the limited release and then try to turn them for profit when they are released. And if you don't think that would be a serious issue, look at the eBay sales for the deluxe First Turtle vinyl. Even now, there are five of the deluxe versions (the limited one) compared to only two total between the three other versions.

Personally, I am more interested in Mondo's TMNT line be successful and fans getting the figures they want. If dropping the specific edition size helps that, I'm all for it. And the fact that trying this new procedure also makes it appear that Mondo is actually listening to our feedback and willing to try new things.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #1152
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetABox View Post

It's pretty easy to mitigate scalpers by simply putting a purchase limit on the items which I know they do for some of their posters and other collectibles.
Not sure why you think this is true, every single poster they release that isn't limited has a 1 per person limit and I can guarantee there will always be at least 20 on ebay within seconds.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:02 AM   #1153
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
Not sure why you think this is true, every single poster they release that isn't limited has a 1 per person limit and I can guarantee there will always be at least 20 on ebay within seconds.
Yeah and they had some killer posters. I missed out on lots of the Batman Animated series ones I wanted. They are on eBay for 250-300 now. No way I pay that for a $50 poster which is already high in my mind. I dont mind paying artists though.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #1154
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
You are completely correct. There's no way of knowing how limited these will really be. But the way the Turtles were sold (all of the inventory of the limited run released at once) made it very easy for fans to miss out if they didn't have the option of camping in front of a computer at the release time. It also makes Mondo's products prime targets for scalpers. They can buy multiples of the limited release and then try to turn them for profit when they are released. And if you don't think that would be a serious issue, look at the eBay sales for the deluxe First Turtle vinyl. Even now, there are five of the deluxe versions (the limited one) compared to only two total between the three other versions.

Personally, I am more interested in Mondo's TMNT line be successful and fans getting the figures they want. If dropping the specific edition size helps that, I'm all for it. And the fact that trying this new procedure also makes it appear that Mondo is actually listening to our feedback and willing to try new things.
This has been a BIG issue with their posters for years. You have the scalpers and people that only go after the stuff because the runs are super limited (which I've never understood that thinking). On the other hand, fans miss out. Plain and simple. It's a shame that they don't do larger runs of giclee prints to accompany the super-limited screen prints. Limited = cool. Blah. I always see the "original art" term being thrown around with Mondo posters, but that's simply not the case. They sell prints of the original work. Screen print and digital giclee are tools. Prints are copies. Of course, their business model seems to be working, so who am I to judge?

I'm just sore that the Struzan Frankenstein print won't be on my wall unless I part with over a THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Mondo is doing a pretty bang-up job with the TMNT stuff, though. The sketch turtle is super cool! Although I'm probably not going to pick it up, the Mouser set is neat, and I'm really happy to see it being an open run.

Brock-- the Du Prez score to the 1990 TMNT movie has never been released and would make for a KILLER vinyl set. Make it so!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #1155
GetABox
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
That's why I said mitigate, it will never stop it from happening all together. Say there was 500 of an item available and the purchase limit was set to 1; that ensures they will at least last through 500 separate cart adds and checkouts. This gives the fans a better chance than no purchase limit where a single scalper could purchase 100-200 of them at once.
GetABox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:07 AM   #1156
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post

I'm all for giving fans a chance and reducing the scalper factor. It just seemed odd that people were saying that the limited number was a selling point, when no one knows how many pieces are in this particular run.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #1157
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I like the timed exclusive. Even if they do 12-24hrs.

I'm still bummed I missed the exclusive Leo.

And I really like how they did it yesterday with a less than 24hr heads up.

I guess a happy medium could be to set it at 12hrs with absolutely no heads up when the product will launch. idk.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #1158
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

ya i wound up pulling the trigger on these. got the exclusives
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:34 AM   #1159
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Picked up an exclusive of the mousers, the shipping isn't murder since i'm in the US but i'm pretty much committed it seems at this point lol

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #1160
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

How about coming out with Leonardo that I preordered forever ago?
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt