The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

20 years since the Kosovo War of 19981999

20 years have now passed since the Kosovo War of 19981999. The military conclict itself began in February 1998 and was part of the Yugoslavian Civil Wars of the 1990's, but it was between March and June 1999 an international coalition of Western allied states caried out an aerial bombardment series against Yugoslavia.

The USA participated, and criticists said it gave space for Bill Clinton to avoid the Monica Lewinsky affair.
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #2
Prowler
Emperor

I was born in 1990, meaning I was too young to really understand what was going on at the time.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I remember it pretty well being often on the news, and we used to live close to a refugee facility. So bikes that wasn't locked up tight would be taken by the kids
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:44 AM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I remember it pretty well being often on the news, and we used to live close to a refugee facility. So bikes that wasn't locked up tight would be taken by the kids
You got refugees at the time? I don't think we got any. Maybe only the richest European countries like German,y Norway, Sweden, etc. got them...

I remember the conflict being on the news sure, but like I've said, I was a bit too young at the time to fully understand what was going on. I do remember it took me a while to stop calling the country Yugoslavia, and Serbia being called "Serbia & Montenegro" in the 2006 World Cup was kinda odd. Croatia was pretty impressive in the 1998 WC iirc. It was my first ever WC.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Serbia & Montenegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You got refugees at the time? I don't think we got any. Maybe only the richest European countries like German,y Norway, Sweden, etc. got them...

I remember the conflict being on the news sure, but like I've said, I was a bit too young at the time to fully understand what was going on. I do remember it took me a while to stop calling the country Yugoslavia, and Serbia being called "Serbia & Montenegro" in the 2006 World Cup was kinda odd. Croatia was pretty impressive in the 1998 WC iirc. It was my first ever WC.
Serbia & Montenegro consisted of Serbia and Montenegro, from April 1992 to June 2006. However, it was called Yugoslavia until February 2003.
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote