The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Name 1 PS2 game that looks ike this.
Reminds me of the Tales series:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Abyss
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #22
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

The more I hear and see this show the more disappointed I am. The animation still does not look good what so ever, just not digging the style I guess. Also the show same to have the same formula as Avatar the Last Airbender.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #23
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Anything not that plain? I don't understand where you're going with this as you must be familiar. Since it's being promoted as from the head writer of Avatar then there you can have tons of examples of visually appealing outfits. Everything here seems like a Fire Nation army outfit, but it worked there for the fire nation, here everyone is wearing boring outfits like that.
I would't say everyone, the Human faction has similar clothing to the fire nation sure but the Elf faction's clothing looks different

Spoiler:
Old 09-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #24
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

4 episodes in, and the show has so far lived up to the hype.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Watched the first episode so far and it has potential, the characters all look bland as hell and do look out of a PS2 cutscene. I like that though, it has a unique charm and feels like a high budget version of those low budget DTVs from the early 00's, which even though sounds like a negative to me it's a positive. The CG animation seems to lag at times which is odd but it's that same charm I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I would't say everyone, the Human faction has similar clothing to the fire nation sure but the Elf faction's clothing looks different

It's still boring, especially since Elves always have cool outfits.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #26
Allio
Foot Elite

Outside of animation itself I liked season 1
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #27
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I finished watching and man is the show choppy and it feels like a stop motion show at times. I thought it was cool in a retro nostalgic way but it's distracting. I still feel the world is rather boring at times with some boring character designs, clothes, animals etc. It's not always like these as it does have some cool designs from time to time but not enough as say Avatar.

The main cast is pretty cool though and the story is interesting, it's not tapping full to the potential of this fantasy world but the potential is there. Even these first 9 episodes are pretty entertaining with all these faults and I can't wait to see more. Counting Netflix splits cartoon seasons in half I'm guessing it won't be a long wait for the second part, maybe in February. This isn't Avatar but it could become much better and I can't wait for more.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #28
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Season 2 has officially been confirmed for 2019:

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #29
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I hope they revise the animation style and give the animators a bigger budget
Old 10-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #30
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Just finished season 1of The Dragon Prince and after getting use to the animation I was able enjoy the series. I ended up binge watching the 1st season. I can't wait for the second season!.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #31
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We're not getting new episodes until 2019 sadly, they're saying it's season 2 but it's rally the second batch of season 1. We won't likely see animation improvements until a season 3 if it does get a new order of episodes which isn't confirmed.

I started playing Dragalia Lost around the same time which is also a fantasy story focused on dragons and now I'm getting my continuities mixed up
Old 02-18-2019, 08:35 PM   #32
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Season 2 dropped last friday, finished it:

Show doesn't seem as choppy anymore. The plot kinda drags in the middle. Overall it was weaker than the first season. Plenty of SJW here like two nobodies just show up in one episode and have an interracial lesbian kiss for "progressive" points that would get them free marketing. The SJW isn't the reason the show sucks though (sorry vegita, don't go ranting for 5 paragraphs), I mostly think that the bland character designs is more to blame of the SJW agenda which sucks. The show just isn't all that fun, and this is no A:TLA sadly. I'll continue watching but I didn't really care for where the plot was going at the end of the season.

Here is my review of the show in general but it hasn't been updated with my thoughts on season 2.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:01 PM   #33
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

The second season was even better than the first one, and not just the animation, but character development too. Ezran has become my favorite character and I care about seeing pretty much anyone in the show, because they're all interesting. This show is almost like a good blend of LOTR, GOT and ATLA. Most of all it keeps me guessing and doesn't do some tropes we've seen a million times.

I guess showing a married couple share a kiss is SJW propaganda now.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #34
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Watched the third season and well it's a bad show, would never recommend to anyone. The story is mediocre, the characters are mediocre, it's boring and slow, it's far more worried in being as progressive as possible in pretty much every way you can imagine than it is at being a good show sadly.

There are some good ideas here and there in the season but overall nothing to salvage the show. You know you've done something wrong when a mobile game meant for micro transactions somehow has a more compelling story than this. A shame, Avatar The Last Airbender this is not, and ironically enough as progressive as the show tried to be (hence the support you see for this show online) the producer of the show is now being called upon for not being progressive.

Feel free to skip this show.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

So this show was made specifically for the tumblr crowd?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote