The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #41
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm so happy they included the Unmasked (well okay, turtle head with bandana mask) alternate heads. That really sold me extra on these. Definitely buying them all.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:35 AM   #42
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I'm so happy they included the Unmasked (well okay, turtle head with bandana mask) alternate heads. That really sold me extra on these. Definitely buying them all.
I agree. Pretty stoked for these.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:44 AM   #43
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
https://i.imgur.com/FKPUHxO.jpg

these look great and it makes me wish Hasbro got the TMNT license
Quote:
Jtprime17 leak totally panned out. Here's pre-order links for the first pack.

Power Rangers X Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Lightning Collection Morphed Donatello and Morphed Leonardo:
Hasbro Pulse
Big Bad Toy Store
Entertainment Earth
Dorkside Toys
Definitely Turtle-y enough for the Turtle Club!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:31 PM   #44
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Must admit I'm digging these. Quite a bit.
TCRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:36 PM   #45
inaheap
Mad Scientist

So I preordered these. Interesting that Hasbropulse says it will ship April 2022 but BBTS says November 2021. I decided to order from each. Be interesting to see who gets it first. Gotta admit I was hoping they'd do a two-pack of each turtle morphed and un-morphed. These are still awesome though.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #46
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

These are awesome, im very happy they followed through with these. Cant wait to see Green Ranger Shredder
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:09 PM   #47
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I really like the head sculpts, I'm just not interested in ranger cosplaying turtles it's stupid and I love Ninja Turtles & Power Rangers, just not for a crossover|||. The bodies look a bit too humanoid.

What I'm more interested in is what the third 2 pack is going to be, we can easily guess the second 2 pack are Mikey and Raph, and Green Ranger Shredder is going to be sold individually. Did April and Casey Jones appear in the comic? I'd love to see good figures out of them which we don't really have (sorry NECA/Super7)
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #48
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I really like the head sculpts, I'm just not interested in ranger cosplaying turtles it's stupid and I love Ninja Turtles & Power Rangers, just not for a crossover|||. The bodies look a bit too humanoid.

What I'm more interested in is what the third 2 pack is going to be, we can easily guess the second 2 pack are Mikey and Raph, and Green Ranger Shredder is going to be sold individually. Did April and Casey Jones appear in the comic? I'd love to see good figures out of them which we don't really have (sorry NECA/Super7)
The third set pretty much guarantees a pink Ranger April, but I think the second figure will be Foot Soldier Tommy Oliver opposed to Casey.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:39 PM   #49
sdp
Megan Fox = April

pink ranger april? that's boring so just a regular pink ranger figure that we've already seen released more than once? If we get april she better be unmorphed
Old 08-02-2021, 06:53 PM   #50
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
pink ranger april? that's boring so just a regular pink ranger figure that we've already seen released more than once? If we get april she better be unmorphed
I would imagine Pink Ranger body with head swaps same as the current release. But time will tell.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:56 PM   #51
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, definitely appreciate the unmasked heads since I'm not much of a power ranger fan. I love these cross-overs (mostly because of my interest in the aesthetic and artistic interpretation of it) and previously collected the entire Batman v.s. TMNT line from Gamestop (thankfully, I am just as big a turtle fan as batman one!).
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:15 PM   #52
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
The third set pretty much guarantees a pink Ranger April, but I think the second figure will be Foot Soldier Tommy Oliver opposed to Casey.
I say April and GR Shredder to help sales. if April with anyone but shredder the units will not sell as much.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:48 PM   #53
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 View Post
I say April and GR Shredder to help sales. if April with anyone but shredder the units will not sell as much.
Green Ranger Shredder is coming alone. April will either be with Tommy Oliver or Casey Jones.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:16 PM   #54
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Or a Putty Soldier Elite to build up Shredder's forces.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:59 PM   #55
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
https://i.imgur.com/FKPUHxO.jpg

these look great and it makes me wish Hasbro got the TMNT license
I want these

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:41 PM   #56
Leo656
The Franchise

Can't lie, it always surprises me a little bit how many TMNT fans love Power Rangers, considering that MMPR pretty much "killed" TMNT back in the day.

There were multiple reasons I never liked Power Rangers, but selfishly that was one of 'em.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:06 AM   #57
Hans Flying Turtlenecker
Thug

I'm honestly kinda surprised how good these look. I wasn't really expecting much, but these look great! Definitely pre-ordered them.
I'm also glad that they went with the tall, muscular design from the cover-art, rather than the shorter, chunky design in the actual comic. Makes for better looking action figures.
Already looking forward to see Green Ranger Shredder, since he looks so cool on the cover art as well.
I really do hope that they don't just re-use the old Pink Ranger figure for April. Crossing my fingers they'll make a new sculpt. Yeah a guy can dream.
Hans Flying Turtlenecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:14 AM   #58
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Can't lie, it always surprises me a little bit how many TMNT fans love Power Rangers, considering that MMPR pretty much "killed" TMNT back in the day.

There were multiple reasons I never liked Power Rangers, but selfishly that was one of 'em.
And all this time I thought I was the only one who felt this way! Couldn't have said it any differently myself.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:15 AM   #59
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

I 100% grew up on TMNT and Power Rangers (Im 37). Maybe they did kill turtles, but as a child you really don’t think of that or understand it.

I’d say PR even had a slightly bigger impact because I was older and I still remember the Zeo intro videos teases after every episode and the reveal of Tommy’s White Ranger like it was yesterday.

Turtles will always be #1, but PR is easily top 2 from my childhood. That’s why I love these.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:57 AM   #60
sdp
Megan Fox = April

90s kids see TMNT and Power Ranger as friends, not as one getting rid of the other. I think you only see it that way when you're going in that transitional period of becoming a teenager and the things that you liked "dying". To me it was just another awesome show, loved TMNT and PRs.