The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #41
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
You just sent people who like to defend movies like this to their safe space.

speaking of those people I am surprised Tigerclaw hasn't posted he is king of defending crap.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:44 PM   #42
Vicky82
Emperor

After all the bashing I got for getting excited for both movies before they even came out, i'm actually glad we not getting a 3rd movie. I did like the 2nd movie but it still wasn't perfect so I rather have a reboot.

All the bashing and the arguments was getting me down as well, so if we did have a 3rd movie I would have gotten a lot more bashing and probably more arguments. So if a reboot happened and it was made by a different company, producer, director and writers ect hopefully there would be a lot more happier people and less arguments.

One good thing that did come out of this was that you guys did open my eyes over who these bad producers, writers and directors are because I had no clue. Heck I didn't even know who Michael Bay was until the first Transformers movie but even then I didn't know anything about him until the 3rd Transformers movie. Even though I did watch Pearl Harbor and Armageddon before the first Transformers movie, I didn't take notice on the who the director was at that time.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #43
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was the goddamn nostrils and the big Hulk-like look for the Turtles that doomed these movies from the start.
Also Megan Fox. Don't forget Megan Fox.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:06 PM   #44
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Also Megan Fox. Don't forget Megan Fox.
Far from the worst part of this film series. Stephen Amell is much worse than she is.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:09 PM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Agree to disagree there, dude. I loved his performance and he nailed that character well! Vernon's supposed to be full of himself. I'm using that version of the character as a template for how he appears in my own remake project.
CASEY JONES, man. Stephen Amell played "Casey Jones." <cough cough>
Old 10-31-2016, 02:10 PM   #46
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
CASEY JONES, man. Stephen Amell played "Casey Jones." <cough cough>
http://saimg-a.akamaihd.net/saatchi/...6/776129-7.jpg

Just ignore my last post. I was thinking of that other guy.

www.jephael.com
Old 10-31-2016, 02:12 PM   #47
Vegita-San
Emperor

If someone likes a movie, I try to leave them alone.

After all, you're ALLOWED to like a movie.

It's when the person becomes a jerk about it is when i start having issues .
Or, in some cases, refuses to allow someone to actually hate something ;o).

It's amazing how these no nothing movies can develop such a following as to cause a mob mentality among the small group that really do enjoy them for whatever reason and the claws come out when someone goes against the grain.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:14 PM   #48
Jephael

Quote:

It's amazing how these no nothing movies can develop such a following as to cause a mob mentality among the small group that really do enjoy them for whatever reason and the claws come out when someone goes against the grain.
Sadly that's the world we live in these days. I agree that we should all just live and let live, but unfortunately, not everyone feels that way.

www.jephael.com
Old 10-31-2016, 02:45 PM   #49
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
FORM: I think one thing we did learn is you really need to give—you can’t just add characters to a movie and expect that to be what’s fresh. It’s a sequel. You have to give the audience something that’s really new and fresh. Maybe just adding characters from the canon, that wasn’t enough.
Ya think?! I'm dumbfounded how they thought adding familiar characters alone is "giving the fans what they want".
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:51 PM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Like I said, people aren't dogs, they're not going to go for it just because you tossed a few new things at them. These people really don't think much of the audiences they make films for, do they?

Adding characters wasn't enough...? It's called writing. Did we forget that was important in film making? And proper research that doesn't just skim the surface. Should have found a group of writers who in fact dearly love these characters and know how to write them well. Or at least writers that will talk to a diverse group of fans and pull knowledge from conversations with them; esp discuss each person's fave character. (And they don't just have the story fall flat at the end... At least as far as the whole villain plot goes. The Turtles were done better, that's all I can give it.)

They'd have really been better off skipping origins and fast forwarding TMNT in age and just coming up with a new story instead...

Edit: Basically a PD movie in 50 years (not that they'll still exist):
Spoiler:

Wait, it still needs explosions and lens flares, but you get the idea. (In the sequel the fluffy ball will be purple, because fresh and new.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-31-2016 at 03:04 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #51
Sighphi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows” under-performed at the box office, earning $245 million worldwide — half the gross of its 2014 predecessor — and catching its producers by surprise.
It came out two years after the first one. You didnt give people enough time to breathe.
Sighphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:42 PM   #52
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
It came out two years after the first one. You didnt give people enough time to breathe.
Or enough people regretted watching the first one, they didn't come for the encore.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:55 PM   #53
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

I'm so happy to hear this news. This whole ordeal was a disaster and now hopefully we can expect something better down the road.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:13 PM   #54
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I'm so happy to hear this news. This whole ordeal was a disaster and now hopefully we can expect something better down the road.
they didn't care enough to do it right the first time.

They just gave it to bay cause he was the current action crop king, apparently.....whether he was right for the part or not.

what's to expect that they learn a lesson and do it right the second time?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:16 PM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
they didn't care enough to do it right the first time.

They just gave it to bay cause he was the current action crop king, apparently.....whether he was right for the part or not.

what's to expect that they learn a lesson and do it right the second time?
Don't worry, I hear Uwe Boll wants to do the reboot.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:30 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

I agree with the live and let live ideology in the sense that Bay and his crew should have left the tmnt live and let live the turtles did nothing to Bay and PD, why the hell did they rape them so violently?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:58 PM   #57
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
the turtles did nothing to Bay and PD, why the hell did they rape them so violently?
The Turtles are cooler than they'll ever be, maybe they're jealous.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:23 AM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

Thank god the hideous nostrils and Hulk-look for the Turtles will be viewed as a disaster now and won't be repeated with a future reboot.

The nostrils, Eric Sachs "White man" Shredder, the 4 Hulks, no backstory for Splinter, Megan Fox April, etc....were all red flags from the start.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #59
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Thank god the hideous nostrils and Hulk-look for the Turtles will be viewed as a disaster now and won't be repeated with a future reboot.
I dunno, compared to the designs, personally I think the writing was a bigger issue...?

Many seem to have warmed a bit to the designs, at least to some tolerable extent. Personally, the nostrils stopped bothering me quite a while ago once I was used to it. (Well, okay, mostly for Leo and Donnie, I like their wider design better.) But that's imo. Though really, it's not like this TMNT are the only design that has been not pretty (or given nostrils)... oh they have undeniable company in various media for sure.

Now, their height/bulk and the non-Turtle things, yeah I gotta agree with you there.

[mushy (and prob debatable) 'trigger' warning] Ultimately the only thing I may really miss is my fave. Rough going at first, but he got his place in my heart alongside other versions of him. Visually speaking, this level of huggable realness (including what mocap brings to it) has been kinda fun and I doubt it will happen again.

Maybe mocap itself will happen again someday, but I assume prob not with a set of Turtles that seem to exist in our universe, or perhaps it might be a more animalistic design that some other folks want.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #60
THGhost
Puppet Master

Well this news is gonna please a lot of people on these forums.

Quote:

The nostrils, Eric Sachs "White man" Shredder, the 4 Hulks, no backstory for Splinter, Megan Fox April, etc....were all red flags from the start.
For the last time, Cubed. Turtles have nostrils! I agree with the rest though. As much as I enjoyed these movies, the problems you listed are pretty inexcusable.
I mean, Splinter taught them Ninjutsu (was it even that?) from a ****ing book he found in the sewer? WHAT?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 11-01-2016 at 09:45 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt 3