The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #10101
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
So, After looking around with the switch for a day or two...

One thing that's nice is ditching CD based games.

The bad thing is that you need to keep a Wii U around to play everything else.
Cause we all know Nintendo won't make older games available instantly for download. sigh.

but is nintendo going to keep it this way moving forward? assuming they plan to keep moving forward?

the switch is an odd idea for a system. but, if there was a way to transfer your digital titles form the wii u onto the switch, i'd power it up FAR more often than the U.
Idk maybe they will keep pushing forward with the idea, bc I think Nintendo is trying to move away from the home console market and push the edges of the portable market.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #10102
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Bad news for Switch fans, apparently Doom is going to run on 30FPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxD...EsU6gPgjvy4R-6

Last edited by PApagreg; 09-22-2017 at 12:57 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #10103
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I don't really think people are gonna care about that if they're getting on the Switch in the first place.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #10104
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
So, After looking around with the switch for a day or two...

One thing that's nice is ditching CD based games.

The bad thing is that you need to keep a Wii U around to play everything else.
Cause we all know Nintendo won't make older games available instantly for download. sigh.

but is nintendo going to keep it this way moving forward? assuming they plan to keep moving forward?

the switch is an odd idea for a system. but, if there was a way to transfer your digital titles form the wii u onto the switch, i'd power it up FAR more often than the U.
I’ve read Nintendo has plans for a service similar to PSN/XBL coming next year with online and VC services. Course it’s a rumor I believe

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #10105
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I don't really think people are gonna care about that if they're getting on the Switch in the first place.
Yeah, doesn't really bother me much. Super high frame rates actually kinda weird me out, tbh.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #10106
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I don't care about 60fps too.

I showed my Switch to my cousins and they all huddled together around the device to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. That was fun and memorable.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #10107
Vegita-San
Emperor

finally got into skyward sword after a few years of false starts...and got up to the first dungeon boss. having a bit of trouble with no shield. i bought one before i saved last time and had it upgraded, but it seems to have vanished :/..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #10108
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Link's face looks so ugly in Skyward Sword, the designer for that game should be fired.

Spoiler:
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #10109
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Skyward Sword deserved to get an HD port on the Wii U.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
The Arcade Archives thing is something different.
I know, that's the worrying part!
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:02 AM   #10110
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I have 5 out of the 40 Metroids left to kill in Metroid: Samus Returns, and some of the late game boss fight mechanics are a little too fast for me.

It's just kind of jarring to spend 95% of the game's play time slowly and methodically exploring and the remaining 5% in OMG GOTTA MOVE FAST Quick Time event hell. Maybe I'm just too much of a casual for it, but I feel like it breaks the flow of the story. However, I still think it's worth buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #10111
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Super Mario Run will be on sale next week 50% off as well as a minor update with extra content. I think I will finally get it, I had fun with the demo but there didn't seem to be enough content for the full price for me. The whole online only BS as DRM was the last straw for me not to care. But I can be tempted by the price cut.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:13 PM   #10112
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Skyward Sword deserved to get an HD port on the Wii U.
Why not on the Switch?
Old 09-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #10113
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I have 5 out of the 40 Metroids left to kill in Metroid: Samus Returns, and some of the late game boss fight mechanics are a little too fast for me.

It's just kind of jarring to spend 95% of the game's play time slowly and methodically exploring and the remaining 5% in OMG GOTTA MOVE FAST Quick Time event hell. Maybe I'm just too much of a casual for it, but I feel like it breaks the flow of the story. However, I still think it's worth buying.
All I have left is to defeat the Queen Metroid, but it's as hard as hell.

Those Omega Metroids can suck it too.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #10114
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
All I have left is to defeat the Queen Metroid, but it's as hard as hell.

Those Omega Metroids can suck it too.
I read on the Metroid subreddit you can use the Spider Ball to keep the Queen from blowing you into the fire wall/barrier.

I'm currently stuck on Diggernaut.

Quote:
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:15 AM   #10115
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I don't care about 60fps too.

I showed my Switch to my cousins and they all huddled together around the device to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. That was fun and memorable.
That’s cool dude

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:30 AM   #10116
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I read on the Metroid subreddit you can use the Spider Ball to keep the Queen from blowing you into the fire wall/barrier.

I'm currently stuck on Diggernaut.
I tried that with the Spider Ball after reading what you said, and I can tell you that it does work, and I managed to defeat the Queen Metroid. Good looking out.

I guess Diggernaut is that mechanical thing that you fight in area 7. What part are you having trouble with?
Old 09-24-2017, 08:00 AM   #10117
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
I tried that with the Spider Ball after reading what you said, and I can tell you that it does work, and I managed to defeat the Queen Metroid. Good looking out.

I guess Diggernaut is that mechanical thing that you fight in area 7. What part are you having trouble with?
I beat it last night and am now on the Queen Metroid. I finally figured out how to jump over its last laser attack. Also, the final bit where you bomb the parts of its head took a few tries.

It was so epic when Samus double tapped it without even bothering to look when the fight was over. In this game, she's definitely portrayed as the character we know and love from Super and Zero Mission.

It's amazing how much effort they put into her body language. You understand exactly how she feels and what she is thinking, despite the fact that the helmet covers her face.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-24-2017, 11:27 AM   #10118
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I beat it last night and am now on the Queen Metroid. I finally figured out how to jump over its last laser attack. Also, the final bit where you bomb the parts of its head took a few tries.

It was so epic when Samus double tapped it without even bothering to look when the fight was over. In this game, she's definitely portrayed as the character we know and love from Super and Zero Mission.
That was really neat wasn't it?

I actually finished the game this morning. Now I'm just working on finding all the other things I didn't find.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #10119
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
I actually finished the game this morning. Now I'm just working on finding all the other things I didn't find.
I'm still stuck on

Spoiler:
Proteus Ridley.

Despite that, I'll probably be replaying it in the future. I think Super and Zero Mission are slightly better overall, though.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Spike Spiegel; 09-24-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #10120
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
I think Super and Zero Mission are slightly better overall, though.
Same here, though I'll probably go ahead and add Fusion to that list as well. Not that the game was bad in any major way, but when I think of Metroid, Super and Zero Mission are what come to mind to me personally and Fusion was just very unique and amazing in a completely different way. Samus Returns on the other hand, as amazing as it is, is still just Metroid II. The hunting Metroids premise just isn't as interesting to me as the other games that have way more unique boss encounters than just the varying Metroid forms that you kill over and over again. Only 3 bosses really stand out for me and they all occur towards the end of the game. I also gotta say, it felt weird not having the speed booster in a 2D Metroid game. Still a great game though.

Anyway, anyone seen the Chozo memories yet? They look so damn amazing in 3D and the last one makes me very excited for the possibility of Metroid 5.